Control Panel Lights - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > Control Panel Lights

Smittybilt Products at Oconee Off-Road!Alloy USA Still AvailableCurrie Currectlync Steering Upgrade Kits and Currie Anti-R

Unread 02-01-2014, 09:02 AM   #1
bcorbett
2007 WK 

Control Panel Lights

I have a few lights out on my center console. The C/T light was the first to go out. The button still works but is completely dark. Now, the right half of the air placement knob (the one that changes where the air blows from) doesn't illuminate but if I tap on the dash around the knob they come back on.

I'd assume they are LED but are they replaceable?

bcorbett is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-01-2014, 09:13 AM   #2
overland-wk
2006 WK 

Check out lmctruck.com they have replacment bulbs with the blue covers i dont know exactly where in the web site they are but the newer chevy trucks have these bulbs also and they sell replacements on the web site.
Bumsmodified98xj
overland-wk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-01-2014, 05:53 PM   #3
bcorbett
2007 WK 

I was able to locate them here... http://lmctruck.com/icatalog/ce/full.aspx?Page=123

Do you know which ones I need? And I'm assuming that I would have to desolder the old and solder in the new?
Unread 02-02-2014, 10:10 AM   #4
overland-wk
2006 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcorbett View Post
I was able to locate them here... http://lmctruck.com/icatalog/ce/full.aspx?Page=123

Do you know which ones I need? And I'm assuming that I would have to desolder the old and solder in the new?
Those are exactly what you need and if i where you i would just replace all the bulbs in that circuit board. And yes your gonna have to resolder them.
Bumsmodified98xj
overland-wk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-02-2014, 07:30 PM   #5
bcorbett
2007 WK 

Was able to find a pretty good video on the replacement process if anybody else is interested.

Unread 02-10-2014, 06:26 AM   #6
No5pam
2006 WK 

For $70, you can get the whole panel here: http://www.factorymoparparts.com/68000123aa.html

I have the same problem. I don't have a soldering iron. Even if I did, I still wouldn't be able to do it. I just can't solder.

I wonder if you might be able to somehow use those LED light strips like they sell at Pepboys? I think they're designed to stick on the outside of your car to make it LOOK like you have LED DRLs or something. But if you wired them into the internal wiring somewhere (like the aux wire -yea, they'd be on when the ignition was on, but it seems easier than trying to replace them).
I hope to try it one day. IDK, maybe you'll have better luck soldering.
No5pam is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-16-2014, 09:16 AM   #7
bcorbett
2007 WK 

Finally had my Jeep back from the body shop long enough to replace the bulb. While it takes patience, it was pretty easy.

Just a side note, the bulbs for the info center buttons are much smaller so I'm still on the search for their replacements.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.