Config FOB on remote starter ? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > Config FOB on remote starter ?

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectThanksgiving holiday sale in effect @ oconeeoffroad.comRugged Ridge 8500lb Winch w/ Steel Cable $294.99 Shipped O

Unread 11-03-2011, 08:08 AM   #1
ImaSTAT

Config FOB on remote starter ?

Hello,

I bought a 05 Grand Cherokee about 8 months ago. I noticed that a MOPAR remote starter was installed into it, but the seller only gave me the 2 keys that had no start option on it. I suppose that the past owner had a seperate FOB only to start the car. So, what I did was buying the FOB that fits with the starter and tried to make the programmation as the owner's manual told me.

It works, but it seems to not work properly. As the manual says, I pressed the programmation button on the starter for 10 seconds. There was supposed to be 3 light flashes and 3 horn chrip. All I had was 3 light flashes, no horn. I then pressed the remote button to make the starter learn it. Again, the light were supposed to flash 1 time and the horn chirp 1 time. Only the lights flashed one time.

Now, I can start the car, but I have to press 3 times on the remote button. I thought maybe it was a protection so the car does not start if I accidentaly press on the remote button. To stop the car, I have to hold the button for 3 seconds.

That seems to work fine, even if I have to press 3 times on the button. Now, when I start the car and then put my key in and drive, everything goes OK but the thing is, when I stop and take off the keys, it says "Programming active" in the dash.

I found this topic: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f67/p...essage-699480/

relating the same issue, but actually my case started after I programmed the FOB.

My best supposition would be that when I pressed that program button for 10 seconds, it did UNPROGRAM the keys. Althought the keys buttons still work, maybe I have to put both of them in the car when it says programming active ? Not sure...

Well, any ideas would be appreciated Thank you very much

ImaSTAT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
remote , starter

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.