Concerns after rough country lift install - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > Concerns after rough country lift install

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRubicon Express Suspensions from CCOR 706-207-4140Smittybilt Hard Tops @ Oconee Off-Road! 706-534-9955

Unread 09-11-2014, 08:14 PM   #1
billhofe128
2007 WK 

Concerns after rough country lift install

Hey guys yes I'm a newbie to the site , but have been reading a lot of stuff u guys do here and welp time for some questions , today I installed my rough country 2 inch strut and spring block type lift , cheap but effective non the less, I noticed when I was done that the upper control arm bolt seems really close to my tire ,, should I cut it back? I have a set of spidertrax 1.5 spacers that I plan to install shortly when I get tires which leads me to my next question.. I really like the nitro terra grapplers and rough country says 265/70/17 but that's without spacers can I go 275 or 285 with the spacers ? Also the pinch weld mod can someone post a link with how to do it ,not sure I will have too but I will if ness,,,, thanks in advance guys

billhofe128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-11-2014, 08:21 PM   #2
JeepN4KC
Keep on Jeepin on........

If the tire clears then it it clears - that won't change. You'll be fine, especially if you plan to install the spacers.

As far as tire size you can likely go bigger than 265s (although IMO they'd work best for that lift).

Click these:

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f67/m...l#post13436206

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f67/m...l#post13428526

My Build Thread WK
My Other Build Thread XJ
'01 XJ with some stuff
Sept 2013 Cherokee of the Month
'07 WK with some other stuff
~RED WK CLUB #7~
'11 KK with mostly stock stuff
'06WK our first Jeep with stock stuff - totalled and gone
JeepN4KC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-11-2014, 09:12 PM   #3
billhofe128
2007 WK 

Thanks for the info and ironically we have the same color wk ,, I just thought that somehow the bolt would rub on the tire
Unread 09-12-2014, 12:37 PM   #4
keggles

2006 WK 

JeepN4KC has it all there. I would also look at the clearance for the rear. With the spacers and tire size they will stick out. A week after my tire install I drove the lip of the fender through 50% of my tread and had to replace a brand new tire. You can roll the lip, but you will probably have to paint.

FYI The Terra's are nice, I have them on mine and have had them for about 40k+ with another 15-20k easily to go. I do a lot of highway for work and they have been pretty resilient. I looked through the reviews and forums for a while before ordering.
Silver WK Club #63
keggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-13-2014, 01:23 PM   #5
billhofe128
2007 WK 

So I installed the spacers today and slotted rotors and ceramic pads , painted the calipers and fender well areas (flat black) I noticed the caster camber is a bit off but have a appointment for alignment on tues ,,, later on in the day I was searching craigslist and found a real steal on a set of 18 inch 2012 Sahara premium polished wheels with Bridgestone 255/70/18 tires (dueler a/t's) lot of tread left on the tires , and they rub ,, pinch weld tomorrow!!!! I really like the stance and how it drives with the lift and the new tire size, I will use the bridgestones until nov then I will mount those on my f150 for winter storage (150's a show truck) and I take the wheels off and store in the basement ,, at which point I will get either the nitto tires or I may go with the good year duratrac, I have those on my truck , there a little noisy on the 150 but there also a 35 by12 ,, so we'll see I'm gonna take some pics tomorrow after the pinch weld mod and I get er cleaned up and I'll post here ,,,,, thanks for all your input jeepn4kc your write up and build log is awesome

Last edited by billhofe128; 09-13-2014 at 08:32 PM..

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.