commander wont start - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > commander wont start

Dana 30 Truss for your TJ, LJ, ZJ, and XJFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 06-09-2010, 06:34 PM   #1
shub_31
2007 XK Commander 

commander wont start

Have an 07 with 27,000 miles. Three times it wouldnt start but all the lights on the dash lit up. then suddenly it would start. We had it towed tonight and the tow guy tried to start it when he dropped it at the dealer and said it started. something must be loose since i have battery power. Any suggestions.

shub_31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-09-2010, 09:42 PM   #2
Devilsmed98
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Positive cable to the starter might be loose, that's what was wrong with mine. Just had to yank on the cable a bit then it would start right up for a couple months then do the same thing. Might even have to get under there and hit/tap the starter.

This happened to me in November. I bought a 2007 WK with 37k miles on it and 4 hours after I got it this happened. Ended up being the starter, I still have the same one though and this has only happened about twice since then.
~Black WK Club Member #9~
2011 WKII Overland
2007 WK Limited[/COLOR]
1995 YJ Rio Grande
Devilsmed98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-11-2010, 07:24 AM   #3
steve06hemi
2006 WK 

sounds like it could be your battery. even though you have enough power for your accessories, it doesn't mean there is enough to crank the engine. the jeep batteries are notorius for only lasting 3 years or so. leave the jeep sit overnight then pull the battery and take it to have it tested(autozone, advance, etc). don't drive there and have them come out.
2006 Grand Cherokee Limited-5.7L Hemi-Brute Force CAI-Magnaflow 22" Muffler-Diablosport Predator-SRT8 Rear Sway Bar-Bilsteins-Shorty Billet Antenna-Chrome Turn Signals-Chrome Tow Hooks-Roof Rack-SS Ultras Highs/Lows/Fogs-Commander Shift Knob-20% Tint
steve06hemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-11-2010, 03:01 PM   #4
shub_31
2007 XK Commander 

no luck

thanks for the replies however the dealer just called and said they couldnt find anything wrong, of course. they wanted to leave it over the weekend and check again but i didnt think leaving it there would cause the problem to reoccur if no one was driving it
shub_31 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.