commander vs H3 - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > commander vs H3

Rampage Bowless Soft Top Oconee offroadAlloy USA Still AvailableAdvance Adapters SYE Kits

Unread 10-27-2005, 01:49 PM   #16
koopzz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Decipticon
The difference is that nobody puts 22" dubaspin whatevers with rubber bands on jeeps.
Hate to bring it up but - Did you see the Jeep Commander Urban Addition commercials?

I say the more Jeeps, of every flavor, DC sells the better it is for us Jeep loving folks...

ps: I don't think I would let one "rollin on 22's" park in my driveway though!

koopzz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-27-2005, 02:35 PM   #17
Mateo94XJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by koopzz
Hate to bring it up but - Did you see the Jeep Commander Urban Addition commercials?

I say the more Jeeps, of every flavor, DC sells the better it is for us Jeep loving folks...

ps: I don't think I would let one "rollin on 22's" park in my driveway though!
Points awarded sir, for bringing up the Urban Addition.

I like the H3, personally. I think it's a good idea, on par with the Xterra. The Commander did not impress me as anything other than my buddy's '03 4Runner, which is to say that I'd probably be surprised by how it went offroad.

Me, I like 5spds and big geared transfer cases - the H3 is what the XJ would have become if it handn't been killed off. But I like to think the XJ would be doing it better, because Jeep does have that flare that wins things.

Here's waiting for the Jeep Rescue.
Mateo94XJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-29-2005, 10:43 AM   #18
Woody
Retired back to Bowties

Quote:
Originally Posted by Decipticon
The H3 is not much more expensive than a new GC(v8 laredo 4x4, limited will kill your wallet).
The H3 fully loaded is less than $33,xxx, bone stock, but with 4x4 $29,xxx. A 4x4 GC Laredo starts at $29,xxx with a 1 speed T-case. (No Low range) Take it to $30,xxx to get a low range and no options. Add a Hemi Limited and you are easily in the $40K's.
Unread 10-29-2005, 03:21 PM   #19
onlyone
2014 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airmanwoody
The H3 fully loaded is less than $33,xxx, bone stock, but with 4x4 $29,xxx. A 4x4 GC Laredo starts at $29,xxx with a 1 speed T-case. (No Low range) Take it to $30,xxx to get a low range and no options. Add a Hemi Limited and you are easily in the $40K's.
If you have the money and like the H3 buy one. I like the H3, but I would not own one. I'll take my TJ thanks. I also have no kids, or the need for something that big. If you want an H3 though, go to the Hummer forums.
Unread 10-29-2005, 08:45 PM   #20
Woody
Retired back to Bowties

Quote:
Originally Posted by onlyone
If you have the money and like the H3 buy one. I like the H3, but I would not own one. I'll take my TJ thanks. I also have no kids, or the need for something that big. If you want an H3 though, go to the Hummer forums.

I have a ZJ and love it. If the WK's and XK's had the off-road capabilities the ZJ and WJ's do, I wouldn't complain, but for the money, an H3 is much more capable than the WK. Plus I have 3 Children, so no TJ's for me. My best friend has one and I outwheel him every weekend.

I like Hummers because I've got thousands of miles on them in the Deserts of IRAQ, no TJ could take the punishment we give them there. I do like Jeeps, a lot, otherwise I wouldn't have bought my membership here.

BTW, I couldn't afford either at this point
Unread 10-29-2005, 09:30 PM   #21
CNY
2000 TJ Wrangler 

I like the H3. A lot. Stock, it can outwheel most any other stock vehicle. Including any stock Jeep, except the Rubicon. Too bad it's so expensive.

The small windows give it that "bulky" look that sets it apart from other machines on the road.

All the silly folks out there that think the H3 is only for soccer moms should go out and drive one. Yes, most will never go off road. That's always going to be true. You want it that way. If an automaker could sell ONLY to the off-roader, they'd soon be out of business.

The Commander........Ugly.....Boring......did I mention ugly?

All that being said, for the money I'd rather have something big enough for my daily needs, and a used TJ as a spare for wheeling. You'd spend a lot less than $33k.
CNY is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-29-2005, 09:34 PM   #22
onlyone
2014 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airmanwoody
I have a ZJ and love it. If the WK's and XK's had the off-road capabilities the ZJ and WJ's do, I wouldn't complain, but for the money, an H3 is much more capable than the WK. Plus I have 3 Children, so no TJ's for me. My best friend has one and I outwheel him every weekend.

I like Hummers because I've got thousands of miles on them in the Deserts of IRAQ, no TJ could take the punishment we give them there. I do like Jeeps, a lot, otherwise I wouldn't have bought my membership here.

BTW, I couldn't afford either at this point
I'm just bustin your chops.
Unread 10-29-2005, 09:46 PM   #23
Woody
Retired back to Bowties

It's all good. I still like to razz TJ guys because when I'm on the trails they do nothing but joke about how I'll never get to the end. Usually I'm towing someone else to the end.
Unread 10-30-2005, 12:01 AM   #24
NEWtoTHEjeepLIF
Web Wheeler

Its all about the driver... The only thing that makes me look down on the H2 and H3 are the average drivers of both! I did see a muddy H3 yesterday and his left front fender was crumpled.... I waited by it to try and see who was driving it but soon got bored and left..

It was cool to see it muddy though
NEWtoTHEjeepLIF is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-30-2005, 02:06 PM   #25
cwbrg

well i did it, bought the H3. To be fair, i drove the commander and a GC again but for the price and capabilites I liked the H3, but i can still say american general inspired it like all of the old jeeps......

and yes its already dirty, me and my son took it down the old power line trails looking for a pit so he can ride his pw 50 and we had to go down into it and make sure it was safe down there ,of course.

yes it made it out, (before any comments) ;-)

H3 daily driver (yea I know, but i liked it)
cwbrg is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-01-2005, 03:09 AM   #26
kacyk

Here's my wife's H3. It lacks power and the rear seat is too narrow for 3 car seats. We're contemplating trading it in for a 5.7L Commander. We also have 5 kids so it does make more sense.
kacyk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-01-2005, 10:26 AM   #27
SYCOHEMI

You'll love the 5.7L engine.

A good amount of room, but I wish the fold flat seats were not only fold flat, but also removable - that would be cool.

Where do you live? If you live in SoCal and want to get together, I'd love to see your H3 close up and you can check out my Commander Ltd.
'06 Commander Ltd, 5.7L Hemi, QDII, Midnight Blue, Gibson Exhaust, Raingler Net, K&N FIPK, Remote Start, Optima Yellow, Skid plates & Tow Hooks, Rocky Road 2.25 Lift, New Rear DT Shocks, 265/70R17 REVO's, 6061-T6 Custom Wheel Adapters, 4xGuard Rock Rails/Steps
'05 Land Rover LR3 SE
SYCOHEMI is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-01-2005, 11:37 AM   #28
russkrs

its pretty funny we are talking people into buying hummers here at the jeepforum... the folks in suits at DC should take notice...
Unread 11-01-2005, 01:51 PM   #29
SYCOHEMI

Well, we may soon be convincing one Hummer owner to come over to JEEP.
'06 Commander Ltd, 5.7L Hemi, QDII, Midnight Blue, Gibson Exhaust, Raingler Net, K&N FIPK, Remote Start, Optima Yellow, Skid plates & Tow Hooks, Rocky Road 2.25 Lift, New Rear DT Shocks, 265/70R17 REVO's, 6061-T6 Custom Wheel Adapters, 4xGuard Rock Rails/Steps
'05 Land Rover LR3 SE
SYCOHEMI is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-01-2005, 07:32 PM   #30
Woody
Retired back to Bowties

That's one convert. The Hummer dealer here has a lot full of Jeeps that are selling super cheap. The cost of Jeeps has fallen through the floor here which really sucks for those trying to upgrade.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.