Commander Tires - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > Commander Tires

Jeep Grand Cherokee Mirror - Side ViewJeep Grand Cherokee Header PanelTJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFG

Unread 09-18-2006, 02:52 PM   #1
wpa4147

Commander Tires

Has anyone experienced excessive tread wear. I do not have uneven tread wear. I have gone through half my tread in 20,000 miles. Yes I have rotated and maintained the air pressure in the tires. Just had to change due to my wife getting a flat and noticed an major difference in tread on the spare. Anyone else notice this. Thanks

wpa4147 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-18-2006, 04:08 PM   #2
sniper226

I don't know about you but I would be really happy to get 40k on my tires.

I am no expert for somewhat off road tires but I would think the bigger treads on stock tires would not wear as well as street radials.
Unread 09-18-2006, 08:08 PM   #3
lathan888
1993 XJ Cherokee 

That seems about normal for OEM tires...40k miles with proper rotation.
Owner of a 1 owner 93 XJ county trim, 4.0, AT, 8.25 rear and 3.5 gears. It has goodies like pw/pl, cc, tilt, cd changer, keyless entry, rear wiper and defrost...overall a nice old jeep, my fifth owning previous wanglers and commander
[/COLOR] also own/restored a 1972 Pontiac Lemans GT originally owned by my grandmom....39k original miles.
my 72 pontiac musclecar
lathan888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-19-2006, 06:12 AM   #4
marcuscl

40K on a set of tires does seem reasonable... Plenty of sedans can't do that well.
marcuscl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-19-2006, 07:35 PM   #5
wpa4147

tires

The Goodyear tire, Fortera HL, is rated to be 60,000 mile tire if purchased through an authorized dealer. However there is not a mileage warranty on original equipment tires, explicit or implied. That is what GY told me. Though they will be happy to discuss options. There is a new tire, Fortera SilentArmor, that has a 70,000 mile warranty. However thank you for all the inputs. There are a few more tires in the Fortera family that would suit all drivers. Thanks again.
wpa4147 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.