Not really too difficult. I haven't done it on a Commander, but I have on other vehicles.
1. Remove the negative cable from the battery.
2. Make sure the wheel is 100% straight, so it will be easy to line the old one up.
3. The center cap (airbag) should just come out. Try not to use tools to pry it, it might damage it.
4. Remove the bolts out of the wheel. To get the wheel off, you will need a steering wheel removal tool (about $15 at any auto parts store) and you will put it on and turn the bolt to pull the wheel off.
5. Line the new wheel up and push it on. Tighten the bolts.
6. Put the center cap back on and put the battery cable back on.
If anyone sees anything I missed, feel free to add. It has been a while since I have done it.