Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Commander's Resale Value ??

1K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  HemiEd 
#1 ·
I'm in the market for one but I'm concerned about the resale value 3-4 years down the road.

Even with the just announced $5000 Rebate, I'm worried about the depreciation value.

How are Commander's holding in value ? :confused:

#2 ·
Resale

I bought my 06 limited loaded everything but dvd system in late 06, stickered for 42k, was dealer driven demo, so with rebates I got it for 33k. Started missing my Rubicon and found used one at non Jeep dealership in Sept 07. With 15k miles on my xk, the best trade in they could offer was 22k. So I still drive the Commander and plan on keeping it for A long time. Glad I didnt trade now.

#4 ·
I know I don't have a commander but my GC depreciated by half in 2 years and 37,000 miles. I bought it for exactly half of the window price in august of 07. I would not buy a new car for that exact reason, look for used just out of warranty for the best deals.

#6 ·
z_gilligan said:
There are lots of rumors out there that are saying they are going to discontinue the Commander
What incentives does Chrysler have to continue making a product that they can barely sell ??? :confused:

It is a FACT that Chrysler IS looking to cut models out of their product line. I'm sure the Commander is very high on that list. :rolleyes:

#7 ·
In the latest issue of MotorTrend or Car & Driver thay listed the Commander as dead for next year. This should only hurt the resale value of used ones since you will be able to get tons off the sticker for a new one. The Jeep dealership by us is offering $8000 off MSRP, 3.0% financing, free car washes and oil changes for the first year.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.