Commander Problem - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > Commander Problem

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineFS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectSavvy Aluminum Gas Tank Skid

Unread 07-22-2006, 03:16 PM   #46
XtremeCuztoms

Quote:
My Commander is getting fixed right now to reseal the windshield. I called the dealer to schedule an appointment and they knew exactly what was wrong and how to fix it. They said they just fixed another commander the day before. They said it was a 17-page repair problem so they'd have my car for a few days
the reseal will not reslove this issue.

the TSB you need to refer to is 23-004-06 REV. A

although i personally have completed all these adjustments not all of them work on every Commander.

im a QC Manager @ a Chrylser Jeep Dealer and 12 year Tech @ a Dodge Store.

in my opinion this is a Cowl ISSUE..........................

all you have to do is check the Cowl under the driver wiper, if you can push on it and see the weatherstrip move freely then thats the issue. the driver side of the Cowl is a solid peice of plastic, only the center of the cowl is open, so air is getting in and pushing the cowl up and its flapping and causing noise. the Cowl is held down with small clips, not screwed down. your Cowl should be nice and tight along the whole bottom of the winshield, if you have a BOW in any area of the Cowl you WILL get this noise at some point in time.

i removed a Cowl, heated the bowed area with a heat gun, then proceeded to open every slat on the Cowl on the drivers side and exposed the wiper motor, looks like crap, but............... drove 18 miles 65-80 and NO NOISE...............

i have posted in another section some things you might wanna try to do, DO NOT damage or destroy your Cowl, there are very few in stock at the warehouses. i will modify more Cowls in the coming days and see if it fixes the issues, and then repost my findings.

good luck and have fun.......

XtremeCuztoms

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.