Commander Problem - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > Commander Problem

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSavvy Aluminum BumpersThe RuffStuff "I can't go to EJS" Sale!

Unread 10-31-2005, 08:59 PM   #16
SYCOHEMI

Congrats on your new ride GBLUE. It looks the business in all black. Very nice.

See you on the trails!

'06 Commander Ltd, 5.7L Hemi, QDII, Midnight Blue, Gibson Exhaust, Raingler Net, K&N FIPK, Remote Start, Optima Yellow, Skid plates & Tow Hooks, Rocky Road 2.25 Lift, New Rear DT Shocks, 265/70R17 REVO's, 6061-T6 Custom Wheel Adapters, 4xGuard Rock Rails/Steps
'05 Land Rover LR3 SE
SYCOHEMI is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-31-2005, 10:21 PM   #17
marlon_jbt
2010 KK Liberty 

Cool, Gill's here.
Unread 11-01-2005, 01:05 PM   #18
gblue

Well Marlon... you are everwhere aren't you..

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlon_jbt
Cool, Gill's here.
gblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-02-2005, 10:10 AM   #19
bsincs

Curious

Sorry about you guys having problems with your new vehicles. I too am having problems. Not with the Commander, but with a 2005 WK GC. Three pistons replace recently on the 3.7 with only 3100 miles. Nice. Anyway. My curiosity was peaked when a couple of you mentioned that whistling noise from the right side wind shield at highway speeds. I too have experienced this in my WK. I also found that if have the AC or Heater on at about the Third Click on the blower speed, the whistling is louder. As I cycle through the blower speeds, it goes away. Can you guys try that to see if you experience the same thing in your Commanders? Thanks for listening....
bsincs is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-02-2005, 11:16 PM   #20
SYCOHEMI

That A/C problem must be pretty annoying. I haven't noticed that yet, and will keep an ear out for it.
'06 Commander Ltd, 5.7L Hemi, QDII, Midnight Blue, Gibson Exhaust, Raingler Net, K&N FIPK, Remote Start, Optima Yellow, Skid plates & Tow Hooks, Rocky Road 2.25 Lift, New Rear DT Shocks, 265/70R17 REVO's, 6061-T6 Custom Wheel Adapters, 4xGuard Rock Rails/Steps
'05 Land Rover LR3 SE
Unread 11-10-2005, 12:03 AM   #21
irish1966

gblue ~

I had the same problem with the roof rack as well. When I would drive down the highway there would be a whistle noise coming from the top of my Commander. The dealership had installed the roof racks right before we drove off the lot the other day. They had them on facing the right way, but they did not have the back one in one of the 5 designated sposts. My husband reset them today and the noise went away.
irish1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-29-2006, 01:07 PM   #22
cmarolt

I bought my v6 back in November. I started getting the whistle at 8000 miles. I have the whistle problem on a very intermittent basis. But it definately occurs when I'm going 65 and over. The dealership did the AC "fix" and I am still getting the whistle. I do not have a sunroof.

Any help would be appreciated.

Curt
cmarolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-03-2006, 07:12 PM   #23
Todd Abbott

+1 on the backwards roof rack, it drove me nuts for 2 weeks until someone here pointed it out.
Todd Abbott is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-03-2006, 08:06 PM   #24
wpa4147

Commander Problem

There is a TSB out on the seal around the glove box area. However they had to remove my windshield and use a special apoxy to seal the windshield.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmarolt
I bought my v6 back in November. I started getting the whistle at 8000 miles. I have the whistle problem on a very intermittent basis. But it definately occurs when I'm going 65 and over. The dealership did the AC "fix" and I am still getting the whistle. I do not have a sunroof.

Any help would be appreciated.

Curt
wpa4147 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-03-2006, 10:19 PM   #25
MattTheMudder
Ask Mr. Owl

1999 TJ Wrangler 

My dad just got one too and it's having the same problem. The one we test drove did it too. It's been widely reported. Supposedly resealing the windshield nearing the cowl on the drivers side fixes it, take it to the dealer and see what they can do
Unread 07-03-2006, 11:34 PM   #26
SYCOHEMI

My newest problem is that the A/C fan or motor is excessively loud when turned up to 50% or more. Does anyone else experience this? Oops. I guess I should make a separate thread. I plan to take my Commander and get the windshield noise checked too.
'05 Land Rover LR3 SE
Unread 07-06-2006, 07:37 PM   #27
HemiCommander
2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SYCOHEMI
...The HEMI ran rough about 4-5 times on start up, fine on re-start. Took it and in and had the codes read, and they re-programmed the software. Been running silky smooth since. There is a TSB for this driveability issue, I was informed....

SYCOHEMI... Do you happen to know the TSB number or where I may be able to find this? I have the HEMI and it seems to run rather sluggish and I can feel minor jolts while driving... regardless of speed -

Thanks
Chad
HemiCommander is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-06-2006, 11:59 PM   #28
SYCOHEMI

Unfortunately, I do not know the TSB for the drivability issue.
'05 Land Rover LR3 SE
Unread 07-07-2006, 11:23 PM   #29
esposa143

do you have a sunroof? if so jeep made a part to fix this noise?????? we will see i am getting it installed on monday will let you know
esposa143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-11-2006, 02:23 PM   #30
cmarolt

I had the windshield resealed and my "whistling/howling/makes me want to junk it" noise went away. I hope this fix does the trick. I have put about 500 highway miles on the Commander since and I haven't heard a thing.

Curt
cmarolt is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.