Commander Pricing - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > Commander Pricing

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitTHE NEW! VANCO DUAL MODE 15/16″ Big Brake Kit w/BlaFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 11-25-2005, 11:12 PM   #1
acarrick

Commander Pricing

Looking to get a new Commander at a local dealership in the Northwest, and am wondering if the price is in the neighborhood of what you guys paid.

Black/Slate Grey
3.7 V6
26T Package
OWL All Terrain Tires

$31,860 is MSRP, but being a DaimlerChrysler employee we have a control number. The dealership gave us an EP of 28,264, with 1,500 in rebates brining it down to $26,764. Anyone get any better than that, think I should bargain, or keep looking around? I'm trading in a 2003 Jeep Wrangler Sport with 21,000 miles. Hoping to get around 17,500 for it.

Thanks

acarrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-26-2005, 10:12 PM   #2
SYCOHEMI

That sounds like a great price.

The hard part will likely be your trade.
'06 Commander Ltd, 5.7L Hemi, QDII, Midnight Blue, Gibson Exhaust, Raingler Net, K&N FIPK, Remote Start, Optima Yellow, Skid plates & Tow Hooks, Rocky Road 2.25 Lift, New Rear DT Shocks, 265/70R17 REVO's, 6061-T6 Custom Wheel Adapters, 4xGuard Rock Rails/Steps
'05 Land Rover LR3 SE
SYCOHEMI is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-27-2005, 02:22 AM   #3
ArloGuthroJeep
Mr. Hyde!

2004 WJ 

I urge you to stay away from the 3.7L V7...that is a lot of vehicle for that small engine and doesn't belong in there IMHO. Will get comparable mileage with the 4.7L V8 for slightly more money.
Unread 11-27-2005, 09:10 AM   #4
SYCOHEMI

I haven't heard positive comments about that engine/vehicle combination either, in terms of performance/acceleration.
'06 Commander Ltd, 5.7L Hemi, QDII, Midnight Blue, Gibson Exhaust, Raingler Net, K&N FIPK, Remote Start, Optima Yellow, Skid plates & Tow Hooks, Rocky Road 2.25 Lift, New Rear DT Shocks, 265/70R17 REVO's, 6061-T6 Custom Wheel Adapters, 4xGuard Rock Rails/Steps
'05 Land Rover LR3 SE
Unread 11-27-2005, 04:06 PM   #5
ArloGuthroJeep
Mr. Hyde!

2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SYCOHEMI
I haven't heard positive comments about that engine/vehicle combination either, in terms of performance/acceleration.
Coming from someone with 2 more liters
Unread 11-27-2005, 08:47 PM   #6
acarrick

Well, I ended up with the 3.7 Commander. Got 16,000 for the wrangler. I already notice somewhat of a struggle in terms of power up hills and accelerating, but the 4.7's they located were considerably more expensive. The closest match has a sticker of 34,900 compared to 31,860. Couldnt really upgrade that much with what we were getting for the trade-in. Dealt with sleazy managers, but wouldnt expect anything else!

I LOVE the car though, and will never get another wrangler as an everyday driver. Great features for a completely STOCK vehicle. Quiet, smooth and really practical in terms of cargo/seating. Great sound system. Turns heads everywhere I go, and Im glad I went with black.

What I dont love.... The ergonomics of the stock radio are hard to get used to, and there are blindspots galore. The parksense needs to be replaced with a camera as it is VERY late in responding, I will not be relying on it too much. I hear a whistling at about 35-40 and if it keeps up I will take it in to be looked at.

Went with the $2,400 gas card and maitenence, no brainer. They had a lifted one in the showroom and the looks are night and day compared to stock. It was only 2" but it made a HUGE difference. Will look into it in the future.

I'll try and post pictures later.
Unread 11-27-2005, 11:09 PM   #7
SYCOHEMI

Congrats on the new ride. The gas card deal is sweet.

Looking forward to seeing your (soon to be) lifted Commander.

Please post any additional info on the lift kit and tires they fitted.

Thanks!

I haven't noticed any whistling, I hope that goes away for you. I hear that some people have noticed that their roof cross bars were not correctly installed, you might check that.
'05 Land Rover LR3 SE
Unread 11-28-2005, 07:28 PM   #8
grogie
M-F: Cell Block #4533

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Congratulations. I've read that guys with WK's and 3.7's generally don't have a problem and like it for a daily driver.

Red Jeep Club #345
2006 TJ Sport
2004 KJ Limited
2013 Off-Road Trailer

grogie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-29-2005, 01:16 PM   #9
acarrick

yeah its not as bad as people make it out to be. besides the occasional downshift uphills i dont think i think ill be fine with the 3.7.
Unread 11-29-2005, 02:33 PM   #10
jakrabit

let me be one of the first

3.7 V6 works great on mine. plenty of power and acceleration (mind you, all i'll be towing are motorcycles). and now that we have snow here in MN, it's handy to have the traction control. mind you, unlike all the soccer moms here who assume that 4 wheel drive means 4 wheel stop on glare ice, i'm taking it easy on the slushy roads, but have had no complaints at all.
jakrabit is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-29-2005, 02:40 PM   #11
question57
2012 JK Wrangler 

Thanks for all the info you guys post. My wife is looking at commanders, this kind of feedback is invaluable. Even though this section doesn't have the volume of posts as the others, I am happy to see what does get posted here.

06 Unlimited Rubicon was BUILT but now SOLD :(

04 X, armored, SuperLined, 31" - SOLD
question57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-01-2005, 08:57 PM   #12
newcommander

I just factory-ordered a Commander HEMI loaded except for the rear DVD system and the chrome wheels. I spent over a week battling with about 10 dealers in my area (Seattle) with prices ranging from $38K to $49K (!) for the same exact specs. In the end, I dropped the DVD and got it for $37,600. Anyone get the same for lower?

Anyone know if the 6-8 weeks from the factory is accurate? It's gonna be tough waiting that long! FWIW, I had to factory order it because I couldn't get saddle brown seats in my area, I guess they're not that popular here.

Edited: on the rebate vs. Miles for Freedom, I elected to go with the $1500 rebate/incentive. The Miles for Freedom seems great, but I prefer cash now rather than credit. However, it seems that the Miles for Freedom free gas deal isn't a lame gimmick, but they give you a debit card with $2367 (or whatever) on it, so you can buy beer with it if you want. Is that correct?
newcommander is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-01-2005, 09:38 PM   #13
SGilbert
2014 KL Cherokee 

Like you, I was almost ready to order my Commander, but, in the end, decided to get the only Limited at my favorite dealer which included rear DVD & Chrome wheels. Both options are WAY over priced, but very nice to have. Already took a 1500 mile trip, and had no "lip" out of my 20 yr. old in back watching movies all the way there and back! The chrome wheels look great, but so do the cast ones.

As mine is black, I didn't feel that Saddle brown would look very good inside, especially as the entire interior doesn't match with it as my grey does.

The Nav, by the way, is very accurate, but nowhere near as detailed or easy to use as my Cad. SRX's. An aftermarket portable such as TomTom, Garmin, Magellin, etc. would be just as functional at far less money.

$37,600 sounds about right for what I think you ordered at abt. $41,800. ebay dealers are less, but personally, I would NEVER go that route.
Unread 12-02-2005, 10:22 AM   #14
newcommander

I should have mentioned the MSRP but I forgot what it was. It is $42,275 in my area and I just used CarsDirect.com to get the lowest price ($38,373) and then negotiated from there. This isn't an ad for carsdirect.com and I'm not affiliated with it in any way, but I do recommend it. It's easily the best car-buying experience I've ever had.

Now I can't decide whether to sell our '96 Grand Cherokee or not, it's been problem-free and still looks good, IMO.
newcommander is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-02-2005, 01:15 PM   #15
umary

whistling noise

Hi,

In response to your commentary about the "whistling" noise. I too purchased a V6 Commander recently. Will be taking it to the dealer for the 3rd time regarding the whistling noise. You should definately take it back to dealer soon....Also, there is another person that have the same experience. See discussion thread under Commander Problem.

Good luck

Quote:
Originally Posted by acarrick
Well, I ended up with the 3.7 Commander. Got 16,000 for the wrangler. I already notice somewhat of a struggle in terms of power up hills and accelerating, but the 4.7's they located were considerably more expensive. The closest match has a sticker of 34,900 compared to 31,860. Couldnt really upgrade that much with what we were getting for the trade-in. Dealt with sleazy managers, but wouldnt expect anything else!

I LOVE the car though, and will never get another wrangler as an everyday driver. Great features for a completely STOCK vehicle. Quiet, smooth and really practical in terms of cargo/seating. Great sound system. Turns heads everywhere I go, and Im glad I went with black.

What I dont love.... The ergonomics of the stock radio are hard to get used to, and there are blindspots galore. The parksense needs to be replaced with a camera as it is VERY late in responding, I will not be relying on it too much. I hear a whistling at about 35-40 and if it keeps up I will take it in to be looked at.

Went with the $2,400 gas card and maitenence, no brainer. They had a lifted one in the showroom and the looks are night and day compared to stock. It was only 2" but it made a HUGE difference. Will look into it in the future.

I'll try and post pictures later.
umary is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.