'Cold' start acceleration stutter - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > 'Cold' start acceleration stutter

End of Summer Sale, 20% OFF!Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!

Unread 04-13-2013, 03:46 PM   #1
GCSprinter
2007 WK 

'Cold' start acceleration stutter

Hey everyone, just joined today as I can't find anything specific to my problem in the historical threads. I have a 3.0 CRD WK that i picked up about four or five months ago. I bought it with about 109,000 miles in New Jersey and brought it down to NC. Since then, I've only had a small glitch with the 4WD which occurred once or twice and has been clear for a while. New problem, I'm at just over 122,000 miles and I have a small shudder issue when I start up the car and pull out of a parking space. Now, with that said, I DO warm the engine up in the morning before traveling anywhere. After about an hour or two at the office, I may have to leave. I start the car, engine still has some warmth in it so I start to travel. I don't punch it, but I will start to feed it a bit and it acts like it's about to stall. This happened again today even when I let it idle for about ten minutes (from cold) before driving. This sounds different from the crank sensor or swirl motor issue others are having, this is only at initial start-up and doesn't do anything unusual after the first thirty seconds of driving. I had the major service done (oil, transfer case fluid, fuel/water separator, etc) done about 2,000 miles back, but this problem started prior to that. Is this a fuel problem? Is this possibly the start of the swirl motor dying??? Anyone else dealt with this yet?

Thanks, James

GCSprinter is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.