Codes U0141 and U1113 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > Codes U0141 and U1113

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueThanksgiving/Black Friday/Cyber Monday Deals at JeepinOutf

Unread 09-04-2014, 05:30 PM   #1
BAH101
2008 WK 

Codes U0141 and U1113

O, just had my front wheel bearings replaced today, took it back for the brake shield rubbing. I backed up and put the jeep in drive, looked down and all the dash lights were on and 'Transmission overtemp' was displayed. Shut her down and tried to start again...nothing, absolutely nothing, not even a click. Took the key out, opened the drivers door and the Key in ignition chime sounded. Opened the hook, checked the battery connection, jumped in and she started right away and normal. Got home and pulled U0141 and U1113. U1113 was displayed twice and U0141 was displayed about 6 times. Cleared all and went for a drive, nothing came back.
U0141 is 'loss of communication with final control module, and U1113 is AC related.
So, any clue of what might be happening?

Unread 09-05-2014, 05:46 PM   #2
BAH101
2008 WK 

Anybody?
Unread 09-05-2014, 05:51 PM   #3
Chirpz

2007 WK 

Sounds like a bad connection somewhere... may be a harness plug got jostled loose in the repair job??
EHM MOD, Garmin Mechanic EcoHD, K&N Filter (Deleted)
Chirpz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-05-2014, 07:00 PM   #4
BAH101
2008 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chirpz
Sounds like a bad connection somewhere... may be a harness plug got jostled loose in the repair job??
Worth a look. Strange, that all they worked on was the front end.
Unread 10-05-2014, 03:02 PM   #5
TurboDiesel
2008 WK 

just got 4 of the u0141 codes on mine
went offroading yesterday...

i went for a drive cause i thought my intercooler was whistling again but it seems good
go home and decided to check codes anyways and had those 4.. drove find tho

any idea? has yours come back at all?
255/75R17 BFG KM1's
17" ion alloy rims
15" kicker solo baric L7 w/ Alpine m1000 amp
aftermarket headlights w/5000k HIDs
Red interior LEDs and Red license plate LED
Tinted tails
5% tint over the rear windows
more to come....
TurboDiesel is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-05-2014, 03:37 PM   #6
BAH101
2008 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboDiesel
just got 4 of the u0141 codes on mine went offroading yesterday... i went for a drive cause i thought my intercooler was whistling again but it seems good go home and decided to check codes anyways and had those 4.. drove find tho any idea? has yours come back at all?
Haven't seen them since. I did find, (a couple of weeks later), that my battery terminal clamps were loose, not really loose, but with force you could move them. I removed the clamps and cleaned the terminals. With how this Jeep is voltage sensitive, you never know.
Unread 10-05-2014, 04:24 PM   #7
TurboDiesel
2008 WK 

yea i removed bother terminals, looked clean but wiped the dirt off then tightened them up
check fuses which all seemed good
and it drives fine other than the normal vibration stuff

ill keep an eye on it for sure
255/75R17 BFG KM1's
17" ion alloy rims
15" kicker solo baric L7 w/ Alpine m1000 amp
aftermarket headlights w/5000k HIDs
Red interior LEDs and Red license plate LED
Tinted tails
5% tint over the rear windows
more to come....
TurboDiesel is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.