clunking noise on back of my 06 GC - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > clunking noise on back of my 06 GC

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits

Unread 04-03-2009, 11:58 AM   #1
lance70

clunking noise from the back of my 06 GC

Hi, anyone had a clunking noise coming from the back of their Grand Cherokee? I just had a friend ride with me and narrowed it down to the passenger side in the back. He checked the u joint and said that was tight. He then noticed I have a lot of greese on my gas tank facing the back of the vehicle. It really does it when I turn right, or if I slow down to 15mph and take off again you hear it at times. I have 52,000 miles, I'm going to see if my extended warranty covers any of this on Monday when I bring it in, thanks.

lance70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-03-2009, 12:05 PM   #2
crump582
2006 WK 

This might sound stupid, but have you checked the spare tire? Mine was making a solid "clunk" type of sound... I looked for 3 days trying to figure it out and reached under my WK and moved the spare with VERY little effort. I tightened it up and the noise is gone.
American Racing XD Addicts, 17x9
Rola Roof Rack[/FONT][/B][/SIZE][/B]
[B][SIZE="3"][FONT="Fixedsys"]eat, drink, and be merry... for tomorrow, we die.[/FONT][/SIZE][/B]
crump582 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-03-2009, 12:07 PM   #3
lance70

Quote:
Originally Posted by crump582 View Post
This might sound stupid, but have you checked the spare tire? Mine was making a solid "clunk" type of sound... I looked for 3 days trying to figure it out and reached under my WK and moved the spare with VERY little effort. I tightened it up and the noise is gone.
that makes sense, honestly I never thought of checking that, but good point because that is the area I hear it, will give that a shot, thanks for the input!

Lance
Unread 04-03-2009, 12:25 PM   #4
crump582
2006 WK 

No problem... I looked like a fool pulling in and out of the driveway like 10 times...
American Racing XD Addicts, 17x9
Rola Roof Rack[/FONT][/B][/SIZE][/B]
[B][SIZE="3"][FONT="Fixedsys"]eat, drink, and be merry... for tomorrow, we die.[/FONT][/SIZE][/B]
crump582 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-03-2009, 12:26 PM   #5
lance70

Quote:
Originally Posted by crump582 View Post
No problem... I looked like a fool pulling in and out of the driveway like 10 times...
LOL I hear you, I was doing the same thing around our office building today, stopping and starting, people are like WTF lol

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.