Cloth for Leather Seat Replacement - 05 GC - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > Cloth for Leather Seat Replacement - 05 GC

FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueThanksgiving/Black Friday/Cyber Monday Deals at JeepinOutfBlack Friday Sale!!

Unread 03-02-2013, 12:48 PM   #1
MK13186

Cloth for Leather Seat Replacement - 05 GC

Hi - I am looking to replace my current factory cloth seats (driver, passenger, rear bench) in my 2005 Grand Cherokee Laredo with leather ones that I found at a local salvage yard. Both the current and the new seats are electric. The new leather seats however are heated. Couple questions:

1. Will the current wiring connector work with the new seats even though they are heated compatible?

2. Any risk to having a seat that is heated and not using the feature or will it just sit there unusued?

3. Is a seat swap something I can do with my own home tools (socket set), or do I need to have them professionally installed with tools that have more pressure?

Thanks!

Mike

MK13186 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-02-2013, 12:50 PM   #2
WKovrlnd

I cannot speak to the wiring but it shouldnt take any special tools to take the seats in and out
WKovrlnd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-02-2013, 07:48 PM   #3
Jaashua
2005 WK 

What is wrong with the cloth ones? I hate my leather ones...

Sent from my Samsung S2 using JeepForum
Jaashua is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-03-2013, 11:33 AM   #4
fingaz
2009 WK 

I have taken the seats out of other cars, and they usually just bolt right on/right off. Oh, and you nay have to un plug a few sensors, too. Should be a pretty straightforward project. I'm pretty sure there is a manual on wkjeeps.com.
2009 3.7L Laredo Black | Two-Toned Leather | RER Nav/DVD/BA System | Viper alarm | HID's in the lows and fogs | Westin Brush Guard | Tinted Tails | Custom Blue LED Interior/Rear Hatch Lights | Rough Country 1.5" Spacers | General Grabber 255/70r17 -- Island Beach State Park 4x4 Mobile Sportsfishing Permit In -- To Do: Install Uniden CB, Rock lights
fingaz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-03-2013, 11:50 AM   #5
fingaz
2009 WK 

fyi... here is the link for the rear seat. Can't find one for the front seat:

http://www.wkjeeps.com/interior_trim.htm

Scroll down towards the bottom. its #14.
2009 3.7L Laredo Black | Two-Toned Leather | RER Nav/DVD/BA System | Viper alarm | HID's in the lows and fogs | Westin Brush Guard | Tinted Tails | Custom Blue LED Interior/Rear Hatch Lights | Rough Country 1.5" Spacers | General Grabber 255/70r17 -- Island Beach State Park 4x4 Mobile Sportsfishing Permit In -- To Do: Install Uniden CB, Rock lights
fingaz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-03-2013, 11:40 AM   #6
phutch11
2005 WK 

For the OP, I wanted to see if you'd completed your swap and if there were any issues/hang-ups. I'm considering a similar swap for my 2005.

PM sent as well.

Thank you
phutch11 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
seats

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.