Clearance Lights? - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > Clearance Lights?

1 Ton Heavy Duty Steering Upgrade Kit. New and Improved dStainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge Bushings

Unread 06-09-2013, 04:23 AM   #16
ryann04
2008 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbaldry View Post
What do you guys think about the lights that are on the Ford Raptor SVT? Behind the grille?
I like those!

I'm not sure how we could replicate it on the Jeep WK and make it look good though.

But for a starting point, OMELET has done something like that with 2 small amber fog lights in his grill, looks amazing. It should be in his build thread.

I'd like to see more variants of the lighting like the ford rapter amber lights behind the grill on our jeeps.

Blue WK Club Member #42 // DIESEL FTW !!!! -Ryan
ryann04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-09-2013, 07:39 AM   #17
OhFiveHemi
2005 WK 

Could have something to do with me really wanting a raptor........
Blue WK Club Member #41

... | `05 WK - HEMI - QDII - Mods | ... | `07 XK - 3.7L - Stock | ...
OhFiveHemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-09-2013, 01:48 PM   #18
trax95008
2006 XK Commander 

Honestly, the raptor isn't all that great. I recently drove a 2012 raptor and wasn't impressed. My XK is faster off the line, and is a more comfortable ride all around. It did have a few cool features, but I'd still prefer my XK.
trax95008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-10-2013, 10:19 AM   #19
Omelet
Evil Overlord!

2005 WK 

I like the amber markers on the Raptor! I have thought about replicating it, but good looking small amber lights are difficult to find. They have the 3 in the grill and 1 on each side. Technically they have them because the truck is so wide they legally need them, but they look sweet. I am adding amber Rigid SRM2s inside my headlamps and have thought about replacing the 2 amber D2s in the grill with 3 SRMs to get the same look. Just not sure it would look right. The WK front end is not that wide.

As for the lights on the roof, personally I think they would look ok on a XK but not so much on a WK.

HEMI Club Member #31 - - - JEEP Makes It, HEMI Shakes It!!!
Omelet is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-11-2013, 03:33 PM   #20
Zlartibartfast
2007 WK 

this thread is making me think about integrating some LED strips into my roof rack pillars - or maybe run along the underside of the cross-members.....
Zlartibartfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-17-2013, 11:06 AM   #21
OhFiveHemi
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by trax95008 View Post
Honestly, the raptor isn't all that great. I recently drove a 2012 raptor and wasn't impressed. My XK is faster off the line, and is a more comfortable ride all around. It did have a few cool features, but I'd still prefer my XK.
I own a WK and an XK (wife's), I LOVE them both. But as a homeowner, im going to need a pickup... and the Raptor is the coolest lookin IMO.

QUOTE=Omelet;15542401]I like the amber markers on the Raptor! I have thought about replicating it, but good looking small amber lights are difficult to find. They have the 3 in the grill and 1 on each side. Technically they have them because the truck is so wide they legally need them, but they look sweet. I am adding amber Rigid SRM2s inside my headlamps and have thought about replacing the 2 amber D2s in the grill with 3 SRMs to get the same look. Just not sure it would look right. The WK front end is not that wide.

As for the lights on the roof, personally I think they would look ok on a XK but not so much on a WK.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for your opinion w/o breaking my balls like some other folks ;-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zlartibartfast View Post
this thread is making me think about integrating some LED strips into my roof rack pillars - or maybe run along the underside of the cross-members.....
DO IT!
Blue WK Club Member #41

... | `05 WK - HEMI - QDII - Mods | ... | `07 XK - 3.7L - Stock | ...
OhFiveHemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-17-2013, 11:29 AM   #22
Jeepforthewin
Lucky Charms!

2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhFiveHemi View Post
Could have something to do with me really wanting a raptor........
Hahaha I know exactly how you feel!

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.