cleaned throttle body abundance of codes - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > cleaned throttle body abundance of codes

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSavvy/Currie Aluminum Control ArmsRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits

Unread 08-24-2014, 01:16 PM   #1
davidtownsend
2006 WK 

cleaned throttle body abundance of codes

I cleaned the throttle body with carb and choke cleaner. And now it has multiple codes. Starting with p0113 p0123 p0222 and p2111. I kinda know what they are. How can I clear them on my own without a scanner? In my old jeep I unhooked the battery and presses the brake plus held the key on for thirty seconds. Does any of this apply? Thanks for all the help!

Unread 08-24-2014, 02:59 PM   #2
Dylon531
2005 WK 

disconnecting the battery for a little bit might clear them. if not you can always go to autozone and they can clear the codes for free
Dylon531 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-24-2014, 04:25 PM   #3
davidtownsend
2006 WK 

Thanks dude.
Unread 08-24-2014, 05:58 PM   #4
caulk04
2008 WK 

How did you clean it? With it still installed? Engine running?

Just take the TB off to clean it so you aren't pushing all that filth into the engine.

At any rate, unhooking the battery (no need for any special trickery, just unhook for a moment and reconnect) will clear the codes. If they come back, you've got issues to fix.
Unread 08-24-2014, 06:23 PM   #5
davidtownsend
2006 WK 

I unhooked the connector and unbolted it off of the intake. I then sprayed and wiped and sprayed some more. How long should I leave the battery unhooked?
Unread 08-24-2014, 10:12 PM   #6
caulk04
2008 WK 

If I ever have to clear codes that way (I have a scanner to do it) I just pulled the PCM connections out and then put them right back in. Same should work for the battery. Count to 5 and put it back on.
Unread 08-25-2014, 12:06 AM   #7
davidtownsend
2006 WK 

Thanks for the help. When I got off work tonight it didn't have a cel anymore. Maybe it needed to set out or sit for a little.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.