Chrysler ends 4.7l production - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > Chrysler ends 4.7l production

RIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineJeep Wrangler Bushwacker Flat Fender Flare Sale at Baselin

Unread 04-17-2013, 06:56 PM   #1
10Xk
2010 XK Commander 

Chrysler ends 4.7l production

What's the consumer's feeling as the last 4.7l was produced and Pentastar will replace it.

http://blog.chryslerllc.com/blog.do?p=entry&id=2053

10Xk is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-18-2013, 04:47 AM   #2
leftoverture
2007 WK 

All I can say is glad I got one. The newer technology is cool but there still nothing like a V8!
Unread 04-18-2013, 04:52 AM   #3
Bojeepus
1995 YJ Wrangler 

4.7 was a turd with too many problems
(97 zj 5.2L Orvis ed. 32in tires newest in collection)

http://www.tnjeeps.com
Bojeepus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-18-2013, 04:56 AM   #4
Jaashua
2005 WK 

Speak for yourself. My 4.7 is awesome. I however never understood why it existed. There should only have been the 3.6 and the 5.7 I only got the 4.7 out of ignorance.

Sent from my Samsung S2 using JeepForum
Jaashua is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-18-2013, 09:30 AM   #5
paroxysym
2007 WK 

the 4.7 has been around for decades, its about time they retired it. the engine is not a turd, only when you dont take care of it.

i like my 4.7, im sure id like a hemi- but i cant complain with my low 20s mpg on trips..
Unread 04-18-2013, 10:28 AM   #6
jopolly3

2013 JK Wrangler 

The 4.7 is a great motor, it was perfect for the WJ. Mine went 150k without a single mechanical issue (and that was in the hands of a teenager with a heavy foot and a constant need to be wheeling) before I cut the Jeep up. I saved my 4.7 and my 45RFE for a new home in my CJ because I think it has a great balance of size, power and weight. In the end my mother's 5.7L has had more issues in 7 years than my 4.7L had in 13...

If they still made the Dakota/the GC was still in the 4000-4500lbs range I think it would still be around. I am kind of disappointed it never ended up in the Wrangler.

2013 JKU Rubicon 6spd: ARB Dana 44 covers F&R, Expedition One front bumper & swaybar skid, Hella driving lamps, JKS adjustable track bars F&R, MBRP SS off-road exhaust, OME HD springs and shocks, OME relocated SS, Rock Hard 4x4 gas tank skid, Rock Hard 4x4 oil pan skid, Rock Hard 4x4 rock sliders, Rock Hard 4x4 transfer case skid, Spidertrax wheel spacers, Superwinch LP8500 Gen 1

2002 Subaru WRX: Cobb intake, Mishimoto aluminum radiator, Kartboy short throw shifter and bushings

1960 CJ-6: Never ending project rig

Build Threads:

JKUR - http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f96/j...hread-1522982/

CJ6 - http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f8/jo...hread-1347975/

WJ - http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/...auren-1033184/

"BFG makes some good rubbers, if they sold condoms I'd buy them" -Owen Horner
jopolly3 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-18-2013, 11:08 AM   #7
modernblueWK

The second gen 4.7 was a great pairing with the wk and the dakota. Im shopping for a new durango and im considering a 3.6 in it. It wont be a screamer but it should do well.
Blue WK club #4
modernblueWK is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.