Chip, Where do I find one? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > Chip, Where do I find one?

Long Arm kits for all JK models from Clayton Off RoadFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueStainless Steel Door Hinge Pins

Unread 01-07-2014, 12:28 PM   #1
WarmApplePie
2006 XK Commander 

Chip, Where do I find one?

I'm looking for a controller/chip for a 5.7L Hemi Commander. I don't know how they work but in my mind its a system with 2 - 3 settings. One setting is like a racing setting that has poor gas mileage but quicker throttle response. Another setting is for long road trips and puts emphasis on better gas mileage. Is there anything out there like this?

WarmApplePie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-07-2014, 01:32 PM   #2
marka2k

2006 WK 

Programmer? Google Superchips 3785 to get you started, the Jet Stage Plug in does not work as the ECU learns around it.

Silver WK Club #46
06 WK Overland
MyGiG RER
OEM Parkview Rear Camera
4xGuard Matrix
4XGuard Front Skid
4XGuard Rock Rails
HID Projector
2" Lift

04 TJ Rubicon Silver
Rokmen Fuel Tank Skid
Rokmen Front Skid
Rokmen Tummy Tuck
Novak Shifter
Ground Pounder Fab Front Bumper
Warn M8000 Winch
marka2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-07-2014, 01:35 PM   #3
caulk04
2008 WK 

Contact Kolak. He always has the best price on parts here. Good guy to deal with.

I would (and did) also go with the Superchips tuner. Gives you the ability to tune the transmission as well if you'd like. Costs an extra $40 but it's a boon to getting everything just how you want.
Unread 01-07-2014, 05:58 PM   #4
WarmApplePie
2006 XK Commander 

Thanks for the help guys.
WarmApplePie is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.