Chip for the 3.7.. - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > Chip for the 3.7..

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFlowmaster's Force II Axle-back exhaust system for the 201FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 02-17-2010, 07:31 PM   #1
jeepboy1618

Chip for the 3.7..

Ive made some threads in the past..but never really acted on anything as there wasn't anything that really stuck out. Basically, warranty is ran out and ready to mod the engine. Im looking to do a chip and intake to start out. Can anyone suggest a good tune for the 3.7? I know some are quickly changed by the computer and loose the gains(jet chip). Can anyone suggest a good tune?

jeepboy1618 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-19-2010, 09:31 AM   #2
jeepboy1618

Anyone?..Just looking if there are any others then the jet chip.
Unread 02-22-2010, 01:41 PM   #3
liggettj

I have an 08 with the 3.7L and have the stage 2 jetchip. I believe that is the only chip available right now. The stage 1 is garbage and works only at WOT. The stage 2 works great and at all throttle positions. I had to do a custom free flow exhaust and run 91 octane but it is well worth it. I promise you with the stage 2 the computer will not set itself back to factory with the stage 2. They say to use a 180 thermostat but I don`t and it runds fine. Also ramair makes a intake sensor performance mod that a lot of people have had good luck with. If you do any tuning just make sure to use 91 octane and a free flow exhaust. I hope this helps.

Here is the link to the ramair site.

AirRam - Cold Air Induction System
liggettj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-22-2010, 04:03 PM   #4
jeepboy1618

Thanks man..thats what i was looking for. Is it a must to run a free flow exhaust? Or would the intake and stage 2 chip would ok? Id like to keep the stock sound levels. I realize the power wont be as great.
Unread 02-22-2010, 04:08 PM   #5
jeepboy1618

Also, i can't find the stage 2 tuning for 3.7 05...any ideas where i could find it?
Unread 02-23-2010, 03:21 PM   #6
liggettj

They say you have to use a free flow exhaust with the stage 2. I think it has something to do with the timing and a ugpgraded exhaust takes full advantage of that. I don`t like a loud exhaust either. I put on a magnaflow muffler and it sounds fine but louder than I like it. I have a 9x11. They make a 11x22 which you would barely hear at all unless you get on it past 3K RPM. I know a lot of people bash the jetchip but I think it is a nice peice just don`t get the stage 1. I bought mine at

www.xdpjeep.com
liggettj is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.