Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Chewie build thread

8K views 22 replies 5 participants last post by  punisher65 
#1 ·
Just got an 06 WK Hemi last week and haven't really gotten any pictures yet so I didn't post anything on here. I haven't decided which direction I am going with this yet but I figure it would be a good idea to start from the beginning on here instead of trying to piece it all back together when I am finished three years from now. Just read through Omelet's build thread and its a great inspiration to keep track of things from the start, and make this WK awesome!

Anyway, all I've done so far is change the wiper blades, rotate the tires, and put on an Airaid CAI. Sounds like a beast. Or more accurately, according to my roommate, "Chewbacca" (hence the name!)

Coming from a 4.0 ZJ laredo that went pretty much anywhere, this is a big change. Now I just need to figure out how I can get another JeepForum sticker for my new Jeep!

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Did lots of work over the weekend...but I guess there isn't really much to show for it. Did the grill mod (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f67/expanded-sheet-grille-mod-1273464/), tb ground, and fixed the engine splash guard (one corner was broken so it was just hanging there) on saturday/sunday. On Monday I received and installed my Superchips Flashpaq and this evening I got a shorty antenna, replacement wheel center cap, and USB plug. And since rule of the internet is pic's or it didn't happen..here they are (apparently the resizer program I used screwed up the aspect ratio on some of them...sorry!).

Attachments

#3 ·
And some more pictures

Attachments

#4 ·
And even more pictures

Attachments

#5 ·
I really like what you did with grill, what did you paint the chrome with?

#6 ·
Duplicolor Metallic Graphite. I love the color! When it gets warmer I think I am going to do all the chrome that way.

#7 ·
I was thinking about getting some Moab rims and painting them that color! Now that makes me want to do all of my chrome in that color also. Turned out great!

#8 ·
Thanks. I am also thinking of some Moab rims. I've found quite a few sets around me...I just need to make an offer I guess

#9 ·
My rain guard things came in today, but I've heard of people breaking them when installing and the directions say to only install above 50*. I guess I am going to wait until the weekend when I can do it in the afternoon (when it hopefully is around 50*). Anyone have tips on installing these? (they are EGR slimline in-channel window visors Link)

#12 ·
When I installed my Putco in channel guards I did the same, waited till it was a warmer day. Also after I installed them I left the windows up for the rest of the day to allow time for a good bond. They were installed about a year ago, and no issues yet.

#11 ·
Thanks! Your build is awesome btw

#13 ·
Good to hear. Thanks for the feedback. If only it was summer already...

#14 ·
Got the window visor things in today. It was much easier than I expected (they didn't break!)

Attachments

#16 ·
Just ordered an OME HD kit from Kolak! Also ordered Cree superbright backup LEDs, a replacement foglight (one is cracked), and an interior LED kit. Just in time for vacation to start. Now hopefully it all gets here relatively quickly...

#18 ·
Thanks! And the wait isn't too big of a deal since I haven't even figured out how/where I am going to put it on (my garage is really tiny). But I figured it would be a good thing to get it ordered now so that down the road when I do want to put it on, it will be there (hopefully).

#19 ·
Just remembered I washed/detailed (inside). Sexy beast!

Attachments

#20 ·
Installed my Cree backup lights and the "HID" LED interior lights...pretty nifty! (Sorry it is light out so you can't really tell but in the top picture, the new light is on the passenger side and the old light is on the driver side. In the bottom picture the new light is on the driver side and the old light is on the passenger side.) And I programmed the HomeLink thing. Works better than my other garage door opener!

Attachments

#21 ·
Washed, waxed, and did some random painting today (plastidiped the spare to see how it looks and bedlined the step thing on the rear bumper). I'm quite happy with how it all turned out! I think tomorrow I need to do all my wheels...

Now I am just waiting for my OME HD to come in. Shouldn't be too long now!

Attachments

#22 ·
One piece of my lift has shown up so far (rear springs). I got to thinking...should I replace the UCAs while I am ripping all of that apart? I have 99k miles and don't really want to go back in there. I am going to make an attempt to not be too rough on this Jeep so hopefully I won't need to ever replace them, but, as I said, I don't want to tear everything apart again. Anyway, suggestions?

#23 ·
Finally got the last box for the lift. Now I just need the time and space to put it on!

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.