Check Engine after shut down - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > Check Engine after shut down

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineVisit 1aauto.com For ShockTober Deals on Monroe shocks andAdvance Adapters SYE Kits

Unread 04-13-2013, 07:39 PM   #1
Wmhurt
2007 XK Commander 

Check Engine after shut down

We have owned this Commander for about a month. The engine started serving during idle. As we drove it we would get a shutter when I lifted off the gas and to night it just shut off as we were driving and the CEL came on. The lights and everything were operating fine.

We eventually pulled over, the engine restarted on the second try and were were able to get home but the CEL remains on. This my wife's car with our 4 mo old baby so I need 100 reliability.

Any ideas, I'm actually glad the CEL came on so it should have thrown a code that will help diagnose the problem. I was hoping it was simply dirty injectors or wet gas but now the problem appears bigger.

Wmhurt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-13-2013, 11:13 PM   #2
trax95008
2006 XK Commander 

It's hard to help when you don't give us the code...
trax95008 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.