Charles Hemi from Hell Build Thread - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > Charles Hemi from Hell Build Thread

KrawlOff-Road.com Jeep Beach SaleFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueEliminate Hood Flutter!!!

Unread 10-28-2011, 11:59 PM   #46
Raucous
2006 WK 

Awesome look Charlie. I've been looking around at tire/wheel combo's for my 06 GC Overland and have narrowed it down to 2 wheels and 2 tire companies. One of the combo's is the procomp 7031 and the Destinations although I haven't decided between A/Ts and M/Ts. I need to way the increase in road noise and handling VS their off road abilities. Anyway, on to my question...

The narrowest those wheels come is a 17X9. The Destinations fit 7.5-9 wide rims. I was wondering with your set up, how much risk are those wheels at of being damaged because the wheel might not stick out far enough to protect them? The other tire I'm interested in is the Nitto Grapplers which I noticed are slightly wider and might provide more protection. I'd love your opinion and anyone elses opinion that run Destinations or Grapplers on 17X9 Wheels. Thanks

Raucous is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-02-2012, 11:15 PM   #47
collins13

I want to go with some 285/70R17's on my WK also...what read fender mods did you have to do or did you just puts sť a bump stop and if so where did you get yours?
collins13 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.