Charles Hemi from Hell Build Thread - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > Charles Hemi from Hell Build Thread

GEARSHADE Pocket Tops in stock and available at ROCKRIDGE Yukon Ultimate 35 axle kit for c/clip axles with Yukon ZipUSA Made JK Rear Axles!!! Revolution Gear and Axle

Unread 04-01-2011, 09:47 AM   #31
grebesjeep
2005 WK 

perfect thanks!

05’ WK GC, Hemi, REC/VES, 2.25” RR lift, 265/70/17 Bridgestone Revo 2’s, Rubicon wheels, k&N CAI, Magnaflow exhaust, Factory underbody steel skid, Factory transfer steel skid, Homemade front skid, Homemade rocksliders. Commander shift nob, Nav in motion cheat, Rola roof rack, Bilstein's, Rear air bags and remote compressor, factory projector/HID retrofit, front and rear SRT8 sway bars, chrome front tow hooks….thats it for now.
grebesjeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-02-2011, 12:07 AM   #32
grebesjeep
2005 WK 

Was your check engine light on before you installed the sensors? Mine doesn't have any check engine lights on, but it is doing what you described in your first post. That clunk drives me nuts!
05’ WK GC, Hemi, REC/VES, 2.25” RR lift, 265/70/17 Bridgestone Revo 2’s, Rubicon wheels, k&N CAI, Magnaflow exhaust, Factory underbody steel skid, Factory transfer steel skid, Homemade front skid, Homemade rocksliders. Commander shift nob, Nav in motion cheat, Rola roof rack, Bilstein's, Rear air bags and remote compressor, factory projector/HID retrofit, front and rear SRT8 sway bars, chrome front tow hooks….thats it for now.
grebesjeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-14-2011, 09:52 PM   #33
elbuencharie
2005 WK 

Took me a while but keeping my promise of a photoshoot of my baby in it's current form. Freshly waxed and detailed.

- Yes the tires are big.
- Yes they rub at full lock.
- Yes the rims stick out.
- YES I LOVE IT!

Would love to hear what you think, guys.

_mg_9905a.jpg   _mg_9909a.jpg   _mg_9912a.jpg   _mg_9917a.jpg   _mg_9930a.jpg  

HEMI Club Member #61
elbuencharie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-14-2011, 10:34 PM   #34
Omelet
Evil Overlord!

2005 WK 

Looking Good! How are you liking the lift so far? It's great isn't it!

So what size tire are you running exactly? Your sig says 33", but is it a 285/70, 33x12.5, or something else? Just curious.

HEMI Club Member #31 - - - JEEP Makes It, HEMI Shakes It!!!
Omelet is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-14-2011, 10:40 PM   #35
RedZJ
1996 ZJ 

jeep is Sexy.

How does she ride with that lift and tire set up
RedZJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-14-2011, 10:59 PM   #36
lagonwagon
2007 WK 

Your Jeep looks tough! I hope you put those bump stops in before you flex that rear end because those tires are going to chew up your rear fender. I love the look though!
2007 WK Limited (white), QDII, Hemi, OME HD lift, JBA UCA's, Treadwright Guard Dogs 32.25's, Fuel wheels, K&N CAI, BT catch can, 4xGuard rails & belly skid, Saguaro 4x front shackle mounts, tow hitch shackle mount [B][COLOR="Blue"](SOLD)[/COLOR][/B]
lagonwagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-15-2011, 09:04 AM   #37
WK-916

Looks Awesome..... I'm jealous, wish mine looked that clean!

Good job man!

What kind of wheels are those again? Backspacing and all?
WK-916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-15-2011, 10:28 AM   #38
DustinInDFW
2005 WK 

You gotta get that thing off the ground a little more.

It would look super-tight with a little more height!
DustinInDFW is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-15-2011, 03:16 PM   #39
elbuencharie
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by omelet View Post
Looking Good! How are you liking the lift so far? It's great isn't it!

So what size tire are you running exactly? Your sig says 33", but is it a 285/70, 33x12.5, or something else? Just curious.
Thanks Omelet. The OME lift is amazing. I couldn't have made a better decision. I'm also delighted with the HD ride. I know I would be hating the MD's floatiness already had I gone with that option.

Yup, my tire size is 285/70 (R17 of course) but from what I've read these tires are closer to 33.5" BTW, how r u liking the Trail Grapplers? I was also considering those but I ended up with the Destin's due to $$ issues.

RedZJ: The ride is amazing. I run them @ 36 and I love how the tires eat all but the largest pot holes I encounter. I've hard cornered with these meats and ABS kicks in 50% of times just for a brief moment even with ESP off, but hey! it's a small price to pay.

Lagonwagon: Too little too late brother! already took her wheeling and my rear passenger tire eat up the fender well lip pretty badly. Now I'm in the process of doing the "Omelet's Lip Roll (TM)" and adding the bumpstops. I'm also gonna have to get a new tire since the bare metal tore like 5 outside lugs right off. *sigh* Live and learn, right?

Thanks WK-916, they're Procomp 7031 wheels, 17x9, 4.75" BS -6mm Offset 5x5 lug pattern.

DustinInDFW: Agree! That's why I'm keeping a close eye on Omelet's modded OME lift to clear an additional inch or save for the SL.
HEMI Club Member #61
Unread 04-15-2011, 04:30 PM   #40
Omelet
Evil Overlord!

2005 WK 

33.5" from a 285/70!!! That is more than just a little difference! What do they measure by ruler? (from the ground to the top of the tire) That is nice if you are getting that much tire.

The Grapplers are Amazing! The best tire I have ever used. Road noise is very low, on road ride is supper nice, and offroad traction is Phenomenal! I don't know if I will ever get anything else.

HEMI Club Member #31 - - - JEEP Makes It, HEMI Shakes It!!!
Omelet is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-15-2011, 06:36 PM   #41
SmallsWk
2007 WK 

That thing looks tits!
Unread 04-15-2011, 07:18 PM   #42
elbuencharie
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by omelet
33.5" from a 285/70!!! That is more than just a little difference! What do they measure by ruler? (from the ground to the top of the tire) That is nice if you are getting that much tire.

The Grapplers are Amazing! The best tire I have ever used. Road noise is very low, on road ride is supper nice, and offroad traction is Phenomenal! I don't know if I will ever get anything else.
Its raining right now and my parking space is open to the elements so please excuse me if I wait till tomorrow to post measurements. I might get the Trail G's when I wear out my destinations or if they keep losing lugs faster than me losing my patience. Thanks for the feedback!

Hey SmallsWK hope that's a good thing!!
HEMI Club Member #61
Unread 04-15-2011, 07:33 PM   #43
SmallsWk
2007 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by elbuencharie View Post
Hey SmallsWK hope that's a good thing!!

It's a great thing.
Unread 04-15-2011, 09:21 PM   #44
Ryan101505

Your jeep looks great man congrats !!!
Ryan101505 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-13-2011, 03:55 AM   #45
PonyExp305

I like your color..looks good
()_) ()_) ---- )_)........()_)--- ) ()_) ---- )_)
PonyExp305 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.