Charles Hemi from Hell Build Thread - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > Charles Hemi from Hell Build Thread

Steering and more from Ruffstuff!The Ruffstuff 9" Disc Brake brackets!Offset Tie Rod Kit From RuffStuff!

Unread 03-30-2011, 08:30 AM   #16
elbuencharie
2005 WK 

TIRES ARE ON!!! TIRES ARE ON!!!

I'm having slight rub on the passenger side pinch weld (even after mod) and moderate rub on the driver's side. I guess I'll just have to bring Mr. BFH back to the scene once again and really flatten out that ****ing pw this time. Any one got any more tips for this? I think I need like 1/4 of an inch more clearance.

Might not be everyone's cup of tea but I LOVE IT!!

Teaser pics. Sorry for the crappy quality of the last one but it was taken in the parking building at work today which has the worst light ever. Promise I'll get a proper photo shoot as soon as possible.

0-5.jpg   1.jpg   1-5.jpg   2.jpg   3.jpg  

HEMI Club Member #61
elbuencharie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-30-2011, 08:53 AM   #17
BonesWK
2006 WK 

dude, looks awesome!
2006 Black WK Limited 4.7 4x4 QD II -- RR 2.25" Lift - JK Moabs - 32" Wildpeaks - Rear OME Shocks - AFE Stage 2 Intake - Saguaro 4x Front Shackles - 1-1/2" Wheel Spacers - Tail Light Guards - CB - 4' Firestik - Rola Roof Rack - Exhaust
If you want to achieve greatness, stop asking for permission
Chive On
BonesWK is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-30-2011, 09:01 AM   #18
elbuencharie
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonesWK View Post
dude, looks awesome!
Man, I can't tell you just how stoked I am!!! Can't wait to take her to her first trail!

Thanks!
HEMI Club Member #61
Unread 03-30-2011, 09:24 AM   #19
Woodsygcl
2006 WK 

This looks awesome man. Super sweet
Blue Jeep Club Member #6 XK/WK Club Member #14
Woodsygcl is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-30-2011, 09:31 AM   #20
criket
2005 WK 

Looks great man!!! When I saw that one picture with the stock tire and the new ones, all I could think about as Kibbles and Bits Lean
2005 | WK | Khaki | 3.7 | QT1 | OME HD Front Struts | Rusty's 2" lift in Rear w/ Monroe load levelers (F150 version) | 265/70 Nitto Terra Grapplers | 17" Moabs | 1.5" wheel spacers | Pinch weld mod Rear fender trim mod | 4xG Matrix w/ reciever hitch | 4xG Belly guard | SOLID Diff cover | Cobra CB radio | 4xG antenna mount | Rola roof
criket is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-30-2011, 09:34 AM   #21
minesbetter
2003 TJ Wrangler 

i have thoes same rims! i love them
minesbetter is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-30-2011, 09:40 AM   #22
WK-916

Spacers?
WK-916 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-30-2011, 10:18 AM   #23
elbuencharie
2005 WK 

Thanks guise! I promise I'll upload some trail pics by Sunday. I reckon she might not be as trail capable right off the bat now as it would've been with a 32" tire. I guess I'll have to do the extended bump stops in the back and wait for Lifted_Up and Omelet to be done with their Modded OME lift so I can just reap what they sowed. Or just man up and get the SL.

WK-916: No spacers. Wheels are 17x9 4.75" backspacing, -6mm offset. Perhaps the tires stick out 1" more than I would've liked but it's a small price to pay for the tire/wheel combo I fell in love with.
HEMI Club Member #61
Unread 03-30-2011, 11:15 AM   #24
Acidcold
2005 WK 

Very nicely done! I love those wheels! I was planning on xd addicts but now I have to reconsider my choises.
Acidcold is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-30-2011, 11:16 AM   #25
SuplexTreatment
2005 WK 

looks sick man, I used hockey pucks for bump stop extensions, they work great and only $6. Just drill a hole through the middle and get a longer bolt
SuplexTreatment is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-30-2011, 11:59 AM   #26
AJeepZJ
2006 WK 

those wheels look pretty frick'n awesome, Charlie.
Unread 03-30-2011, 04:42 PM   #27
elbuencharie
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acidcold View Post
Very nicely done! I love those wheels! I was planning on xd addicts but now I have to reconsider my choises.
Thanks brother! Just checked out those XD's and they look good, but yes. You should consider the Procomps, these babies are beefy!

Both are excellent choices anyway...
HEMI Club Member #61
Unread 03-30-2011, 04:44 PM   #28
elbuencharie
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuplexTreatment View Post
looks sick man, I used hockey pucks for bump stop extensions, they work great and only $6. Just drill a hole through the middle and get a longer bolt
Thanks! I'll have to look into that option. I might need to stack a couple of them on each side though...

Thank you as well, AJ!!
HEMI Club Member #61
Unread 03-30-2011, 11:03 PM   #29
grebesjeep
2005 WK 

Charie........what are the part numbers for the "input and output speed sensors on the transmission." Cant seem to find them anywhere......Also how hard was the install on these sensors? Thanks!
05’ WK GC, Hemi, REC/VES, 2.25” RR lift, 265/70/17 Bridgestone Revo 2’s, Rubicon wheels, k&N CAI, Magnaflow exhaust, Factory underbody steel skid, Factory transfer steel skid, Homemade front skid, Homemade rocksliders. Commander shift nob, Nav in motion cheat, Rola roof rack, Bilstein's, Rear air bags and remote compressor, factory projector/HID retrofit, front and rear SRT8 sway bars, chrome front tow hooks….thats it for now.
grebesjeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-31-2011, 09:37 AM   #30
elbuencharie
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by grebesjeep View Post
Charie........what are the part numbers for the "input and output speed sensors on the transmission." Cant seem to find them anywhere......Also how hard was the install on these sensors? Thanks!
Input and Output speed sensors are exactly the same. P/N 4799061AB for 545RFE trans. Under $40 a piece and like I said 10 minute job. Just remember to let the trans cool down first. You might need to top off the fluid if you let a lot of it drain out.

trans_speed_sensor.jpg  
HEMI Club Member #61

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.