FCA Customer Care
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: MOPAR World Headquarters
Here's some of the warnings from the '08 WK FSM:
WARNING: To avoid serious or fatal injury, eye protection should be used when servicing any glass components.
WARNING: To avoid serious or fatal injury when working on the High Intensity Discharge (HID) headlamp system, be certain to take the proper precautions. The headlamp switch must be in the OFF position. Disconnect and isolate the battery negative cable. There is a risk of fatal injury caused by contact with high voltage used in the HID headlamps. There is a risk of explosion or fire caused by highly flammable materials in the vicinity of damaged HID lighting elements. There is a risk of injury caused by exposure to Ultra Violet (UV) light, a risk of burns caused by high component operating temperatures, a risk of mercury poisoning through glass splinters produced by bursting HID lighting elements. There is also a risk of poisoning caused by inhalation of mercury vapors and by toxic salts and mercury compounds being ingested or coming into contact with the skin. Do not come into contact with parts that are under high voltage. Persons with active electronic implants (e.g. heart pacemakers) must never work on HID headlamps. Wear insulated safety shoes, safety glasses and protective gloves. Remove flammable materials and ensure sufficient ventilation in the working area.
CAUTION: Do not contaminate the glass of halogen bulbs with fingerprints or allow contact with other possibly oily surfaces. Reduced bulb life will result.