Center console button lights - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > Center console button lights

ARTEC JK UNDER ARMOR - 4 door Bellypan KitsPoison Spyder DeFender Inner Fender KitsCess Recovery Gear Snatch Tow Strap OffRoad @ ROCKRIDGE4WD

Unread 11-15-2011, 11:31 AM   #1
PeterF
2006 WK 

Center console button lights

Does anybody know how to replace the light bulbs in the C/T, Reset, Step, or Menu buttons on the center console?

PeterF is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-15-2011, 11:38 AM   #2
clbailey
2005 WK 

Pull the trim piece off around the radio that goes over the dash then the climate control and buttons trim piece also can then be popped off. Just be careful and don't break any tabs. Then the buttons are just clipped in.
clbailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-15-2011, 11:54 AM   #3
PeterF
2006 WK 

So you can replace each individual button?
Unread 11-15-2011, 02:11 PM   #4
99FormulaM6
2007 WK 

Yea, and if you dont want to do it yourself, there are people who will do it for you. I dont onow if they are on here, but they are on JeepForum.

How To: Differential pinion mount/bushing replacement for WK/XK
99FormulaM6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-15-2011, 02:29 PM   #5
mrtosh
2005 WK 

One thing that should be noted here is you do need to break the solder on the old bulbs and re-solder the new bulbs in. Google jeep commander center console lights. Theres a guy on YouTube who made a video on replacing said bulbs.
'05 WK Limited QDII, Superlift 6", Bilstein struts,315/70/17 Duratracs, Gibson CB, Volant CAI, JBA UCA's, JKS quick disco, adj. Rear trac bar, 4xguard armor, Diablosport Intune, Xenondepot 6000k HID's, Putco Jet yellow fogs.
mrtosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-15-2011, 11:40 PM   #6
clbailey
2005 WK 

For the newbs on here, to break solder, heat it with a soldering iron till it becomes a liquid.
Unread 11-16-2011, 12:00 AM   #7
PeterF
2006 WK 

Just checked out that video. I have some experience soldering electronics but where can I get a tiny light bulb like that? Should I use an LED or a normal bulb similar to the one I'm taking out? I want it to give off a similar amount of light to the other bulbs
Unread 11-16-2011, 12:22 AM   #8
JRLT
2010 WK 

Thought the bulb was in a Radio Shack plastic container?
2010 3.7L, 4XGuard Matrix, Fastman TB, TB Ground Mod, Injen CAI, 255/60/18 Nitto Terra Grapplers, Bilstein Shocks & Struts, Cruiser Alloy Wheels - Switchblade, Stillen Brakes, Cargo Light Strip Mod, Electric Ashtray Mod, Jet-powered, Monkey Navigated...
JRLT is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-16-2011, 04:29 AM   #9
clbailey
2005 WK 

I would go with a colored led. Uses less amperage and doesnt get as hot.
Unread 02-02-2012, 02:06 PM   #10
ryanwhiteaker

2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrtosh View Post
One thing that should be noted here is you do need to break the solder on the old bulbs and re-solder the new bulbs in. Google jeep commander center console lights. Theres a guy on YouTube who made a video on replacing said bulbs.
That is just for the HVAC lights. He's more concerned with the actual buttons. I'm having the same issue with mine right now.

OP did you have any luck with the button lights?
TRADED IN - '07 WK Limited 5.7L - OME HD kit l Rusty's .25" strut spacer l 255/75R17 l Spidertrax spacers all around l Powerwire l K&N CAI l JK MOAB black wheels l Rola Rack with Yakima spare tire mount system l 4xGuard belly skid l 4xGuard Rocker Guards
335I M Sport (e93) - plenty of mods so far :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleRiverDee View Post
it appears that REAL Jeeps leak fluids everywhere, spend more time parked in pieces than being driven, rust completely through the floor boards, gauges don't work, heaters don't work etc...
ryanwhiteaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-02-2012, 02:28 PM   #11
mrtosh
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanwhiteaker View Post
That is just for the HVAC lights. He's more concerned with the actual buttons. I'm having the same issue with mine right now.

OP did you have any luck with the button lights?
According to the OP he's having issues with the button light bulbs not the buttons...
'05 WK Limited QDII, Superlift 6", Bilstein struts,315/70/17 Duratracs, Gibson CB, Volant CAI, JBA UCA's, JKS quick disco, adj. Rear trac bar, 4xguard armor, Diablosport Intune, Xenondepot 6000k HID's, Putco Jet yellow fogs.
mrtosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-02-2012, 02:33 PM   #12
ryanwhiteaker

2001 TJ Wrangler 

My main point was that he was not having issues with the HVAC. I'm actually watching a video right of a guy doing the LED conversion. In watching the video it seems that fixing the information console lights is pretty much the same as the HVAC. Its too bad these lights are not as easy to replace as the TJ's.

TRADED IN - '07 WK Limited 5.7L - OME HD kit l Rusty's .25" strut spacer l 255/75R17 l Spidertrax spacers all around l Powerwire l K&N CAI l JK MOAB black wheels l Rola Rack with Yakima spare tire mount system l 4xGuard belly skid l 4xGuard Rocker Guards
335I M Sport (e93) - plenty of mods so far :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleRiverDee View Post
it appears that REAL Jeeps leak fluids everywhere, spend more time parked in pieces than being driven, rust completely through the floor boards, gauges don't work, heaters don't work etc...
ryanwhiteaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-26-2014, 12:34 PM   #13
LurchUSA

What bulbs did you use to replace the lights?

Mine have blown, and I tried to replace the blown one with an Ekio bulb, but it ended up blowing out the remaining three lights. So I am sure it was the wrong one.

Can someone please list a compatible bulb/LED, that I can use to replace the blown bulbs?
LurchUSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-27-2014, 07:06 PM   #14
askbob

Lightbulb #7219
askbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-15-2014, 02:51 PM   #15
LurchUSA

Thanks. Do you know if you can get them in green?

I just tried 3mm LED bulbs, but as I was testing them on the circuit board terminals, they would flash for a split second then blow. Good thing I only paid a few bucks for them, as that was a total waste!

I'll see how I will do with the #7219 bulbs.
LurchUSA is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.