cell phone holders? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > cell phone holders?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineGrizzly Lockers available at Rockridge4wd.comThe ULTIMATE "Selectable" Locker System! Brough

Unread 09-16-2013, 06:47 PM   #1
wicat3
2005 WK 

cell phone holders?

Hey guys I have a new to me 05 WK and im looking for a good place to hold my cell phone. What do you guys do with your phones while driving? any good holders out there?

wicat3 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-16-2013, 07:21 PM   #2
WieSeL

Cubby pocket to the left of the steering wheel. Cup holder. Pocket next to the shifter
WieSeL is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-16-2013, 08:04 PM   #3
JRLT
2010 WK 

http://www.justforjeeps.com/ipcephho.html
2010 3.7L, 4XGuard Matrix, Fastman TB, TB Ground Mod, Injen CAI, 255/60/18 Nitto Terra Grapplers, Bilstein Shocks & Struts, Cruiser Alloy Wheels - Switchblade, Stillen Brakes, Cargo Light Strip Mod, Electric Ashtray Mod, Jet-powered, Monkey Navigated...
JRLT is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-17-2013, 10:41 AM   #4
marka2k

2006 WK 

http://www.proclipusa.com/

Silver WK Club #46
06 WK Overland
MyGiG RER
OEM Parkview Rear Camera
4xGuard Matrix
4XGuard Front Skid
4XGuard Rock Rails
HID Projector
2" Lift

04 TJ Rubicon Silver
Rokmen Fuel Tank Skid
Rokmen Front Skid
Rokmen Tummy Tuck
Novak Shifter
Ground Pounder Fab Front Bumper
Warn M8000 Winch
marka2k is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-17-2013, 05:46 PM   #5
sickchilly
2010 WK 

2nd the ProClip. Real quick and easy. Here's mine with an iPhone 5 hooked up to MyGig. You can mount it on either side, I chose driver. It's easily readable at a glance and sufficiently out of the way:
Unread 09-17-2013, 06:25 PM   #6
wicat3
2005 WK 

do you guys with the pro clip find that using the heat or cooling affects your phone or you in anyway? I like the center console mounted one but I like the ability to look as I drive and what not.
wicat3 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-17-2013, 06:33 PM   #7
sickchilly
2010 WK 

Mine only blocks the bottom half of that one vent. It actually helps keep the iPhone cool while charging. When I use the heat, it's almost always floor or floor/defrost. Easy enough to shut that one vent off too.

You don't have to use ProClip's mount. You can purchase each piece individually depending upon what you want to do. You can screw the dock part to any flat surface with 2-4 fasteners. I mounted the one in my Wrangler to a custom metal bracket. I like their docks, have used them in all my vehicles.
Unread 09-18-2013, 07:32 AM   #8
marka2k

2006 WK 

What he said

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickchilly View Post
Mine only blocks the bottom half of that one vent. It actually helps keep the iPhone cool while charging. When I use the heat, it's almost always floor or floor/defrost. Easy enough to shut that one vent off too.

You don't have to use ProClip's mount. You can purchase each piece individually depending upon what you want to do. You can screw the dock part to any flat surface with 2-4 fasteners. I mounted the one in my Wrangler to a custom metal bracket. I like their docks, have used them in all my vehicles.

Silver WK Club #46
06 WK Overland
MyGiG RER
OEM Parkview Rear Camera
4xGuard Matrix
4XGuard Front Skid
4XGuard Rock Rails
HID Projector
2" Lift

04 TJ Rubicon Silver
Rokmen Fuel Tank Skid
Rokmen Front Skid
Rokmen Tummy Tuck
Novak Shifter
Ground Pounder Fab Front Bumper
Warn M8000 Winch
marka2k is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-18-2013, 08:31 AM   #9
ScottHarr_TJ
2010 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickchilly
2nd the ProClip. Real quick and easy. Here's mine with an iPhone 5 hooked up to MyGig. You can mount it on either side, I chose driver. It's easily readable at a glance and sufficiently out of the way:
Fine choice in music.
Blue Jeep Club Memeber #132?
My Custom Back Seat Box Build
ScottHarr_TJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-18-2013, 10:17 AM   #10
Zlartibartfast
2007 WK 

I bought the Mountek nGroove Universal CD Slot Mount
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
I don;t have a photo now but I can et one later

what I like about it is that it's easy to hook up in all of our vehicles (they all have CD slot-load stereos) and it holds the phone up where I can clearly read my Torque display, but at the same time it's not visible to other drivers (in case I happen to be driving in a zone where cell-phone use is illegal). And, as stated, the air from the AC vent keeps the phone cool. That's a big deal 'cause Torque runs EVERYTHING the phone has in it, and it does get hot.
Zlartibartfast is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-18-2013, 05:29 PM   #11
OhFiveHemi
2005 WK 

my phone sits quite snuggly on the steering wheel column
Blue WK Club Member #41

... | `05 WK - HEMI - QDII - Mods | ... | `07 XK - 3.7L - Stock | ...
OhFiveHemi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.