Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

CEL & Oil Sensor Problems - 2006 WK

546 views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  jbarrett 
#1 ·
Hi Guys,

Two days ago, my oil pressure sensor light started coming on. It was intermittent, would come and go, dinging every time it came on. Yesterday, driving around, the oil pressure light must have come and went off at least 40 or 50 times. Seemed random. Just kept coming on and going off. Then this morning, the check engine light is steady on and not going away, yet the oil pressure sensor does keep going on and off.

Any one have any ideas on this? Oil sender was replaced for less than 10,000 miles ago for similar issue.

#2 ·
First thing is to verify your oil level is ok.

If there are no other oil related symptoms like lifters rattling, then you may have another bad sending unit, loose connector or damaged sensor wire. Installing an oil pressure gauge would be the best way to identify the problem.

#4 ·
Yep there's oil in her. When I replaced the sender I used whatever crap AutoZone gave me. I expected it to last a little bit longer, but not much. I have it at the shop next to my office now. They are going to pull codes and see what's up. Also told them to do an oil change while it's there just to make sure it isn't a filter issue or something else simple.

#5 ·
Ok - so apparently, there wasn't enough oil in her. They drained out just under 3 quarts. As you guys know, this thing should take around 7.5 quarts. I put in 7.5 quarts exactly 3,876 miles ago. They said they see no leaks whatsoever anywhere underneath, which means my HEMI is burning a helluva lot of oil. But Chrysler says it can burn 1 qt/1,000 mi so guess it's right on schedule. /sarcasm

Anyone wanna buy a gently used 06 WK w/ Hemi lmao.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.