Cd player making weird noise - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > Cd player making weird noise

Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits Rough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!

Unread 01-17-2013, 08:52 AM   #1
biippy
2005 WK 

Cd player making weird noise

Hey guys i recently just bought a 2005 jeep grand Cherokee limited with the 6 disc cd changer. Every time I unlock or lock the doors the cd player sounds like a gear is slipping in the changer, i do not believe there is a disc in there. when i press the eject button nothing will happen, it will also no load a cd.
any ideas how i can fix this?

thanks!!

biippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-15-2014, 12:10 PM   #2
Ghost241887
2005 WK 

Same thing happened with my 05 WK

This same thing happened to my 05 WK. However, I had been using the CD player for awhile and then all of a sudden the CD's got stuck and it began making the noise your are describing when I unlocked/opened my doors. I would guess that while you may have not put any CD's in the player, the prior owner had and they got stuck and they just left them there.

As a temporary fix you can actually removed the CD changer unit from your radio and the other features (radio, sat radio) will still function correctly. It's a pretty simple process. If you want to use CD's, you'll probably have to get a new CD changer mechanism for your radio. Hope this helps!
Ghost241887 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.