CB Eng - Pro-lite Build - Page 9 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > CB Eng - Pro-lite Build

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSavvy Billet LED Tail LightsWant to be able to SEE? DOT Approved Headlights for under

Unread 07-30-2014, 05:23 PM   #121
jediknight
2008 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnadanzig
I have not installed it on my wife's Jeep yet. I haven't had the time to tear into that while mine is down. I have it sitting on the shelf ready to go on. I had it on my Jeep for a short time and it does increase the sound a small amount and you do hear the pitch of the turbo as it spools. I didn't really notice much performance improvement with it. I did notice a ~ 75 degree drop in EGT's. I really designed it to get rid of the CAT's and allow for higher HP builds. I believe it will work great with my GTB2260 turbo once it get it put on. The install is not bad as long as you can get the three nuts that hold the flange on the rear of the turbo. They can be quite a pain and might even be seized. I am tweaking the design a bit that will keep the stock elbow out of the turbo, but get rid of the CAT's to make install easier. I had a request for an easier install and will offer both versions. I will send price.
Do you plan on making some kind of adapter for those looking at retrofiting from gtv2056 to gtb2260...
There must be away to do this without having to tap into engine block or intake head for cold water intake ... For example putting an inlet port on the pedestal of the turbo-charger in order to grab the cold water from somewhere else and hot water return back with hose to lines after thermostat with T-junction...

Unread 07-31-2014, 10:43 AM   #122
tnadanzig

2007 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jediknight View Post
Do you plan on making some kind of adapter for those looking at retrofiting from gtv2056 to gtb2260...
There must be away to do this without having to tap into engine block or intake head for cold water intake ... For example putting an inlet port on the pedestal of the turbo-charger in order to grab the cold water from somewhere else and hot water return back with hose to lines after thermostat with T-junction...
Yes, I have created a way to get coolant to the turbo and return it without needing to do tap into the block or anything like that. It will require a full EGR delete as I am using the coolant for the EGR cooler for the turbo. I have fittings and plates made up to get the coolant to the turbo and back into the system. No need to tee any lines or anything like that. This was the cleanest way to get coolant to the turbo. The lines are very short and it runs in the correct direction for the turbo. I will post pictures and info once I finish the turbo install. I have mocked it up and have everything ready to go. Just need to finish the modifications to my intake manifolds to reduce restrictions and once that is done I will get the intakes back in and install the turbo for the last time.
2007 3.0L CRD WK LTD - Stage 2 Custom Spooling Tune, Go Fast Parts
Pro-lite Build
2003 F250 6.0L CCLB - Gearhead Tunes
tnadanzig is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-21-2014, 04:55 PM   #123
Rob_S
2006 WK 

Any updates?
Rob_S is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-22-2014, 08:59 AM   #124
tnadanzig

2007 WK 

Unfortunately, not much. Family issues, a small vacation, and work have kept me pretty busy the last several weeks. Hoping next week I might get some time to work on it. It's making me pretty sad to see it sit for so long.
Pro-lite Build
Unread 08-22-2014, 02:00 PM   #125
sshaughn
2008 WK 

So I guess the CAI is on the back burner? I guess I'll just buy a OEM tube. Great build, keep it up.
Unread 09-18-2014, 08:22 PM   #126
07GCLIMITED
2007 WK 

Any updates on this? I believe you said you wanted to extend the front tires out two inches, how do you plan on extending the back tires out also?
07GCLIMITED is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-19-2014, 09:21 AM   #127
tnadanzig

2007 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sshaughn View Post
So I guess the CAI is on the back burner? I guess I'll just buy a OEM tube. Great build, keep it up.
Sorry, but I am so behind at the moment, I can't put anytime into this project at this time. Its on the list of things to do, but I need to get caught up and finish my Jeep or the wife is going to kill me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07GCLIMITED View Post
Any updates on this? I believe you said you wanted to extend the front tires out two inches, how do you plan on extending the back tires out also?
Not much at the moment, busy with orders and designing some new updates. I will be extending the tires out 3" and 1" forward. I will be building up a 9" rear end. I thought of putting new axle tubes on it and getting new shafts built to keep the rear locker. This axle isn't the strongest and going to that much work just doesn't seem to be worth it to me, when I will probably end up bending it. I plan to run this Jeep hard and only want to build one rear axle for it. Yes, I will lose my QD2 for the rear, but I will probably just put a Detroit locker in it and deal with it. Also, I am losing my patience with the QD2/ESP system. It really sucks when you try to drive hard at anything faster than a crawl. I can't tell you how many times I have tried to drive this Jeep hard and the F*&^ing ESP system kicks in and messes up my fun. I hate pulling the ABS fuse every time I want to have fun and lose my QD2 system. I have thought of building a circuit that trims out the signals for wheel sensors so the Jeep thinks its not sliding, but that seems like more work than putting new axles in it. The front axle will probably get tossed sometime in the future as well. The ABS system will probably be disabled as I won't really be needing it.
Pro-lite Build
Unread 09-19-2014, 02:06 PM   #128
07GCLIMITED
2007 WK 

You know you can turn the esp of by holding the traction control button down for 5 seconds. It will prevent the system from I interrupting your fun.
07GCLIMITED is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-22-2014, 11:07 AM   #129
tnadanzig

2007 WK 

That's only partially off, and it is completely disabled once you get above 35 MPH. I want to slide the Jeep completely sideways, but can't. Like this winter, I went out after we got about 6-8 inches of snow and turned off the ESP, but it didn't let me do what fun I wanted and once you get above 35 mph it turns off and you have to stop and then hold the button for 5 seconds to turn it off again. Lately I just pull the abs fuse, but doing that you lose the e lockers and that has gotten me stuck. I want to slide sideways with all 4 tires spinning like a rally car. I drive a bit of gravel and trying to slide through a corner is no fun when the ESP kicks in.
Pro-lite Build
Unread 09-22-2014, 11:57 PM   #130
ggrassmid

I was sliding/drifting around this past Saturday in the damp sand at Silver Lake sand Dunes. I was in 4L and doing less than 35/40mph so my ESP should be fully off. When I got on the dunes the first time I was in standard 4x4 but did turn esp fully off by holding it in. I think the computer still does try to react to sensor inputs because I could not get up the first hill until I switch to 4L.
ggrassmid is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-23-2014, 08:53 PM   #131
tnadanzig

2007 WK 

4L disables the ESP system the most, allows for the most wheel spin. Turning off the ESP in 4H doesn't do quite as much. The problem I have is I don't use 4L very often as I do my driving at higher speeds than 4L allows.

A few updates, I got a little bit of time to rework the rear fenders.
Stock rear fenders and 33+ tires do not fit. Fenders are limiting my up travel.

A little work with a cut off wheel.

Fully stuffing a 275/70/18 tire. Modified bump stops to allow 1.5" of extra up travel. Currently cycling 14-15" of suspension travel with my short arms. I have about a 1/2" of clearance all around the tire to the fender at full bump.

I need to finish welding the inner to outer fenders back together and do some body work to clean them up.
Pro-lite Build
Unread 09-24-2014, 05:14 AM   #132
caulk04
2008 WK 

Round wheel arches? Whaaat? It's not a Jeep anymore!

Hah, bravo for being willing to chop up the body, can't say I've seen any WK's yet that are really trimmed for clearance.
Unread 09-24-2014, 05:41 AM   #133
paroxysym
2007 WK 

this thing should be badass... squatty WK
Unread 09-24-2014, 07:42 AM   #134
Hendrix9
2007 WK 

Will the door have to get trimmed too? I can't really tell from those pictures. This thing is gonna be sick.
I also applaud your willingness to cut up the body. I'm not sure I've got it in me to do that. Haha.
Hendrix9 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-24-2014, 08:29 AM   #135
tnadanzig

2007 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by caulk04 View Post
Round wheel arches? Whaaat? It's not a Jeep anymore!

Hah, bravo for being willing to chop up the body, can't say I've seen any WK's yet that are really trimmed for clearance.
I don't know if I have enough body to make them square. Plus I am not a huge fan of all the open space at the corners of the wheel arch. I added a bit more clearance around the rear arch, but I do not want to totally chop up the door.
Thanks, you can thank my wife for giving me the strength to cut up the body, with her own sheet metal work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by paroxysym View Post
this thing should be badass... squatty WK
Thanks, I hope it looks low and mean.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hendrix9 View Post
Will the door have to get trimmed too? I can't really tell from those pictures. This thing is gonna be sick.
I also applaud your willingness to cut up the body. I'm not sure I've got it in me to do that. Haha.
The door had to be cut as well, mainly the rear corner. Luckily its not that much so the door should still look pretty stock. Thanks, I hope it performs as well as in my mind. If it wasn't for the previous sheet metal damage I would of been a lot more hesitant to cut it up, but personally I'd rather cut up the sheet metal than put on a lift kit to clear the tires.
Pro-lite Build

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.