CB Eng - Pro-lite Build - Page 9 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > CB Eng - Pro-lite Build

Advance Adapters SYE KitsFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Rough Country Lift Kits and Parts!

Unread 07-30-2014, 04:23 PM   #121
jediknight
2008 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnadanzig
I have not installed it on my wife's Jeep yet. I haven't had the time to tear into that while mine is down. I have it sitting on the shelf ready to go on. I had it on my Jeep for a short time and it does increase the sound a small amount and you do hear the pitch of the turbo as it spools. I didn't really notice much performance improvement with it. I did notice a ~ 75 degree drop in EGT's. I really designed it to get rid of the CAT's and allow for higher HP builds. I believe it will work great with my GTB2260 turbo once it get it put on. The install is not bad as long as you can get the three nuts that hold the flange on the rear of the turbo. They can be quite a pain and might even be seized. I am tweaking the design a bit that will keep the stock elbow out of the turbo, but get rid of the CAT's to make install easier. I had a request for an easier install and will offer both versions. I will send price.
Do you plan on making some kind of adapter for those looking at retrofiting from gtv2056 to gtb2260...
There must be away to do this without having to tap into engine block or intake head for cold water intake ... For example putting an inlet port on the pedestal of the turbo-charger in order to grab the cold water from somewhere else and hot water return back with hose to lines after thermostat with T-junction...

Unread 07-31-2014, 09:43 AM   #122
tnadanzig

2007 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jediknight View Post
Do you plan on making some kind of adapter for those looking at retrofiting from gtv2056 to gtb2260...
There must be away to do this without having to tap into engine block or intake head for cold water intake ... For example putting an inlet port on the pedestal of the turbo-charger in order to grab the cold water from somewhere else and hot water return back with hose to lines after thermostat with T-junction...
Yes, I have created a way to get coolant to the turbo and return it without needing to do tap into the block or anything like that. It will require a full EGR delete as I am using the coolant for the EGR cooler for the turbo. I have fittings and plates made up to get the coolant to the turbo and back into the system. No need to tee any lines or anything like that. This was the cleanest way to get coolant to the turbo. The lines are very short and it runs in the correct direction for the turbo. I will post pictures and info once I finish the turbo install. I have mocked it up and have everything ready to go. Just need to finish the modifications to my intake manifolds to reduce restrictions and once that is done I will get the intakes back in and install the turbo for the last time.
2007 3.0L CRD WK LTD - Stage 2 Custom Spooling Tune, Go Fast Parts
Pro-lite Build
2003 F250 6.0L CCLB - Gearhead Tunes
tnadanzig is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-21-2014, 03:55 PM   #123
Rob_S
2006 WK 

Any updates?
Rob_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-22-2014, 07:59 AM   #124
tnadanzig

2007 WK 

Unfortunately, not much. Family issues, a small vacation, and work have kept me pretty busy the last several weeks. Hoping next week I might get some time to work on it. It's making me pretty sad to see it sit for so long.
Pro-lite Build
Unread 08-22-2014, 01:00 PM   #125
sshaughn
2008 WK 

So I guess the CAI is on the back burner? I guess I'll just buy a OEM tube. Great build, keep it up.
Unread Yesterday, 07:22 PM   #126
07GCLIMITED
2007 WK 

Any updates on this? I believe you said you wanted to extend the front tires out two inches, how do you plan on extending the back tires out also?
07GCLIMITED is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Today, 08:21 AM   #127
tnadanzig

2007 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sshaughn View Post
So I guess the CAI is on the back burner? I guess I'll just buy a OEM tube. Great build, keep it up.
Sorry, but I am so behind at the moment, I can't put anytime into this project at this time. Its on the list of things to do, but I need to get caught up and finish my Jeep or the wife is going to kill me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07GCLIMITED View Post
Any updates on this? I believe you said you wanted to extend the front tires out two inches, how do you plan on extending the back tires out also?
Not much at the moment, busy with orders and designing some new updates. I will be extending the tires out 3" and 1" forward. I will be building up a 9" rear end. I thought of putting new axle tubes on it and getting new shafts built to keep the rear locker. This axle isn't the strongest and going to that much work just doesn't seem to be worth it to me, when I will probably end up bending it. I plan to run this Jeep hard and only want to build one rear axle for it. Yes, I will lose my QD2 for the rear, but I will probably just put a Detroit locker in it and deal with it. Also, I am losing my patience with the QD2/ESP system. It really sucks when you try to drive hard at anything faster than a crawl. I can't tell you how many times I have tried to drive this Jeep hard and the F*&^ing ESP system kicks in and messes up my fun. I hate pulling the ABS fuse every time I want to have fun and lose my QD2 system. I have thought of building a circuit that trims out the signals for wheel sensors so the Jeep thinks its not sliding, but that seems like more work than putting new axles in it. The front axle will probably get tossed sometime in the future as well. The ABS system will probably be disabled as I won't really be needing it.
Pro-lite Build

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.