CB Eng - Pro-lite Build - Page 6 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > CB Eng - Pro-lite Build

ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4wJeep Wrangler Bushwacker Flat Fender Flare Sale at BaselinRIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all

Unread 05-22-2014, 09:58 PM   #76
ggrassmid

We need to start looking for extra intake manifolds that can be worked by you so the few of us interested in having the manifolds worked on dont have to have the jeep completely taken apart for weeks until the rework manifolds come back from you I'm sure they are around, probably a little more difficult to find, but I would think you would only need 2 or 3 extra sets on hand and charge a core return. I know I would be interested in having all the stuff taken off and any mild porting you are doing.

Doesn't sound like an easy task to take the top end off, but in the end it would be worth it!

Pulled out the intake manifolds to clean them up and do full EGR system delete. No more cooler, no more valve, its all going in the garbage. Made some plates to cover everything up. Sorry on CAD pics as I just made them last night and forgot to take pictures. No more swirl motor and valves they are going in the garage as well. I will port match the intake manifolds.
Intakes

No Intakes, what a pain to get these out. The EGR stuff is so much in the way.

Left Intake with EGR Cooler

Right intake

How dirty the intake is. I have been EGR and CCV deleted since about 40K miles so this is how much you get in that time. Also I ran methanol injection for two years and didn't seem like it cleaned it up much or it was worse and this is better.

EGR Cooler Gone

EGR Plates

ggrassmid is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-22-2014, 11:04 PM   #77
sshaughn
2008 WK 

TNAdanzig you are a machine...unreal fabrication! You are really talented, I can see why you wish you had a 36 hour day to do all your projects. Great job.
Unread 05-25-2014, 08:50 AM   #78
terrasmak
2007 WK 

Wow, great work.
Unread 05-25-2014, 10:26 AM   #79
TurboDiesel
2008 WK 

love it!
subscribed

cant wait to get more custom parts from you!
255/75R17 BFG KM1's
17" ion alloy rims
15" kicker solo baric L7 w/ Alpine m1000 amp
aftermarket headlights w/5000k HIDs
Red interior LEDs and Red license plate LED
Tinted tails
5% tint over the rear windows
more to come....
TurboDiesel is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-27-2014, 10:38 PM   #80
tnadanzig

2007 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggrassmid View Post
We need to start looking for extra intake manifolds that can be worked by you so the few of us interested in having the manifolds worked on dont have to have the jeep completely taken apart for weeks until the rework manifolds come back from you I'm sure they are around, probably a little more difficult to find, but I would think you would only need 2 or 3 extra sets on hand and charge a core return. I know I would be interested in having all the stuff taken off and any mild porting you are doing.

Doesn't sound like an easy task to take the top end off, but in the end it would be worth it!
Thanks, I would really enjoy having a few extra manifolds. I have been looking for some used ones, but only found new ones. I picked up a used right manifold cheap, but that was it. I would only need about two extra sets. The hardest part is getting them clean, the machine work and welding doesn't take that long. To clean my set out I had them hot tanked then soaked in my parts cleaner for several days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sshaughn View Post
TNAdanzig you are a machine...unreal fabrication! You are really talented, I can see why you wish you had a 36 hour day to do all your projects. Great job.
Thanks, never enough time in the day. I haven't quite figured out how to go without sleep yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by terrasmak View Post
Wow, great work.
Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboDiesel View Post
love it!
subscribed

cant wait to get more custom parts from you!
Thanks, I to keep them coming. Still lots more to do.

Not much to update as I haven't had a ton of time with the holiday and seeing family.
Finally got my new rear shocks in. Sway Away 2.5" coilovers. Now I can start mock up and get all my brackets and cantilevers cut out. Thinking of acutally removing the stock rear craddle and fabbing a more bolt in option. Should look better and loose some weight. Will get matching coilovers for the front when the time comes for the extended control arms. Can't use that much shock in the front with so many stock components.

Also got all the heims, misalignment spacers and bolts for my steering upgrade. Now I just need to turn some aluminum extensions to join the heims. Everything seems to fit pretty well so far.
2007 3.0L CRD WK LTD - Stage 2 Custom Spooling Tune, Go Fast Parts
Pro-lite Build
2003 F250 6.0L CCLB - Gearhead Tunes
tnadanzig is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-03-2014, 07:21 AM   #81
tnadanzig

2007 WK 

Some updates, not much as I took some time off this weekend.

Got most of the cantilever suspension parts cut out. Still have a few left to go. Hopefully the rest done today.

Finishing up the new steering setup. Heim joints and machined aluminum extension. Using some good aluminum. I really like 7075 aluminum, just wish it wasn't so expensive. Small taper on the extension as the heims are two different sizes.

Pro-lite Build
Unread 06-03-2014, 08:14 AM   #82
jonjon302
2006 WK 

Those links!
Unread 06-03-2014, 08:33 AM   #83
JeepN4KC
Keep on Jeepin on........

How have I missed this build entirely?!

Unreal..........the work and detail here is unparalleled.

My Build Thread WK
My Other Build Thread XJ
'01 XJ with some stuff
Sept 2013 Cherokee of the Month
'07 WK with some other stuff
~RED WK CLUB #7~
'11 KK with mostly stock stuff
'06WK our first Jeep with stock stuff - totalled and gone
JeepN4KC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-03-2014, 11:09 AM   #84
zc911

thats friggen cool! nice work!
Unread 06-03-2014, 04:09 PM   #85
ca07wk
Crawl-Offroad.com
2007 WK 

I need those tie rods!!!
ca07wk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-03-2014, 04:31 PM   #86
08hemi
2008 WK 

Is that 7075 DOM tubing or solid rod?
08hemi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-04-2014, 06:27 AM   #87
caulk04
2008 WK 

Doesn't look like extruded tube to me, looks like the same solid bar we get at work from Alcoa in 2024 T351 and 6061 T6.
Unread 06-04-2014, 02:16 PM   #88
tnadanzig

2007 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonjon302 View Post
Those links!
Thanks. They turned out pretty good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepN4KC View Post
How have I missed this build entirely?!

Unreal..........the work and detail here is unparalleled.
Thanks, I hope I can keep improving.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zc911 View Post
thats friggen cool! nice work!
Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ca07wk View Post
I need those tie rods!!!
I am working on finalizing them and hopefully have some updates in the next couple of weeks. Too much going on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 08hemi View Post
Is that 7075 DOM tubing or solid rod?
It's solid bar. You can't really get tubing in 7075 that would work, usually to thin of wall stock.
Pro-lite Build
Unread 06-04-2014, 02:24 PM   #89
tnadanzig

2007 WK 

A few updates to add.
I had to make some other parts last night so didn't get much done.

Got the rest of my cantilever parts cut out. Just need to weld them up and make new cradle to hold everything.

Also, played with cycling the rear suspension to see how well the tire stuffs into the rear fender. This is with the stock rear control arms. My new control arms are adjustable and I was going to extend them around .5"-.75", but after cycling the rear tire I am going to push it closer to 1" as that should give me more room around the door. The were designed to extend the length 0.25" minimum so 1" should be no problem. As it is I am going to have to cut quite a bit out of the rear fender. I don't really want to have to cut much out of the door. I want to improve the bump travel as I can to achieve as much suspension travel as possible. Trying to keep the front and rear pretty well matched.

Pro-lite Build
Unread 06-08-2014, 07:26 PM   #90
Valpacer

2007 WK 

Watching this one!

Love all the custom work mate, well done.
2007 WH Grand Cherokee CRD (Yup, RHD Australia)- 3" Exhaust, GDE Flash Tune, CRDSTU/SL Hybrid Lift & bash Plates, 4xGuard Rock Rails, Saguaro F & R Bars, RCV's, Warn 9.5cti-s, AEV Saverge Rims, Nitto Mud Grapplers, Snorkel, Custom Rear Drawers, On Board Air, BullyDog Monitor, Dual Batteries - Build Thread - YouTube Vids
Valpacer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.