CB Eng - Pro-lite Build - Page 5 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > CB Eng - Pro-lite Build

** FALL SALE on all Jeep Optic Armor Windshields **Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~

Unread 05-15-2014, 09:29 AM   #61
Rob_S
2006 WK 

Any more updates?

Robbie

Rob_S is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-15-2014, 03:41 PM   #62
tnadanzig

2007 WK 

Sorry about no updates in a bit. I am working on it, mostly on stuff that isn't very exciting and hard to take pictures of. The big thing is I am waiting for my shocks. I have ordered them two weeks ago and still haven't arrived. I tried to call and not much of a response yet. So I am hoping before the weekend. I had to pull some favors, but I have all weekend to work on the Jeep. That was one of the reasons for not much updates is trying to get some projects done for the wife so I can have close to 20 hours of time on the Jeep. Also, I am working on building a new turbo pedestal. When I ordered my turbo I paid to get the gasket and the turbo pedestal with it. Well, when I got it over 6 months later, it had no pedestal and the wrong gasket. Trying to get a response from the seller proved in vane. So I am making my own pedestal and cutting a gasket from a sheet of copper.
Difference in mounts.

How to make this work.

Some CAD and CAM work

Some CNC time.

I have the base done and the top done just need to connect them. Well gotta run. My ride is here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omelet View Post
Excellent work!!! I'm stoked to see your cantilever setup come together. I've been wanting to make one for a long time, but I don't posess the skills (at least not yet) to do it myself. I thought about driving it over to EVO to have them fab one up for me, but that's a lot of $$$! They make some great JK kits.

I'm also very excited to see your fenders you're making. I love glass fender but none makes them for the WK. If your's come out nice (I'm sure they will) and the price is decent, then I'll definitely buy a set from you! I prefer poly flares more for their trail abuse resistance, but I'll take what I can get
Thanks, I can't wait for it to be done, it just takes so much time to get all these little details figured out.
2007 3.0L CRD WK LTD - Stage 2 Custom Spooling Tune, Go Fast Parts
Pro-lite Build
2003 F250 6.0L CCLB - Gearhead Tunes
tnadanzig is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-21-2014, 07:42 AM   #63
tnadanzig

2007 WK 

Ok, not as much progress as I would of liked the last couple of days. Man, sick kids are killing me. Two days gone, and then I got sick. I owe PM's so if you read this I will get them out.

Tie rods are out and new tie rod system is going in. All heim joints with aluminum extensions. I will post more when I get some more time to work on them. Stock tie rod limits droop travel. I have shock left, but steering was limiting travel.
Removed tie rod.

Built tie rod clevis

Pulled out the intake manifolds to clean them up and do full EGR system delete. No more cooler, no more valve, its all going in the garbage. Made some plates to cover everything up. Sorry on CAD pics as I just made them last night and forgot to take pictures. No more swirl motor and valves they are going in the garage as well. I will port match the intake manifolds.
Intakes

No Intakes, what a pain to get these out. The EGR stuff is so much in the way.

Left Intake with EGR Cooler

Right intake

How dirty the intake is. I have been EGR and CCV deleted since about 40K miles so this is how much you get in that time. Also I ran methanol injection for two years and didn't seem like it cleaned it up much or it was worse and this is better.

EGR Cooler Gone

EGR Plates

My Pinch weld mod

Tire barely clears

Picked up some fenders from the salvage yard. I looked a bit ago and didn't see anything cheap and close and looked this weekend and found some pretty cheap. Going to hack these up to get an idea of clearance and use them for the mold. Want to keep my original fenders in good shape.
Used fender color doesn't match, but who cares.

Cut fender with 275/70/18 tires fully stuffed. This is why I am doing the battery relocation. Tire hits the battery support.
Pro-lite Build
Unread 05-21-2014, 08:49 AM   #64
caulk04
2008 WK 

Very fun build to follow!
Unread 05-21-2014, 08:58 AM   #65
BAH101
2008 WK 

Very nice.
So, when are you quitting you day job and opening your own fab shop?
Unread 05-21-2014, 09:17 AM   #66
skibum555
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bah101 View Post
very nice.
this....
MEMBER #105
skibum555 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-21-2014, 10:29 AM   #67
Omelet
Evil Overlord!

2005 WK 

Excellent work! As soon as you have a working prototype of the new tie rods to sell I will buy a set!!! Then the other parts we talked about to follow

HEMI Club Member #31 - - - JEEP Makes It, HEMI Shakes It!!!
Omelet is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-21-2014, 10:33 AM   #68
Rob_S
2006 WK 

What CAD software are you using?
Rob_S is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-21-2014, 10:59 AM   #69
tnadanzig

2007 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAH101 View Post
Very nice.
Not sure, maybe next year. I really like my day job, but this is more my passion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omelet View Post
Excellent work! As soon as you have a working prototype of the new tie rods to sell I will buy a set!!! Then the other parts we talked about to follow
Thanks, I will get the 1st set working and let you know. I ordered some extra parts so I will have some stuff ready.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob_S View Post
What CAD software are you using?
I use PTC Creo 2.0. Its a newer version of Pro/Engineer. I have used Pro/E since college and used it at most jobs I have had since. But have also used Catia and Unigraphics when in the automotive world. I have never used Solidworks and thought of getting it, but there would be a small learning curve, but I really like Creo and I know if very well.
Pro-lite Build
Unread 05-21-2014, 11:22 AM   #70
jonjon302
2006 WK 

Put me in line for buying a set of tie rods!
Unread 05-21-2014, 05:30 PM   #71
ca07wk
Crawl-Offroad.com
2007 WK 

I just contacted bulletproof steering about building us some heim joint tie rods.... definitely interested in these as well as the Coilover mounts and UCAs
ca07wk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-21-2014, 09:40 PM   #72
caddydaddy
2007 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnadanzig View Post
With the swirl motor disabled with a tune, is that valve on the right defaulted to the open or closed position?
caddydaddy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-22-2014, 06:27 AM   #73
paroxysym
2007 WK 

i have to admit, i never thought a LCOG build was possible with this platform as it would require some serious trimming.... but looks like this may be the first. by LCOG i mean 2" or less of lift and a 33"- at least thats what the TJ guys consider LCOG.

keep up the awesome fab work
Unread 05-22-2014, 08:37 AM   #74
tnadanzig

2007 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonjon302 View Post
Put me in line for buying a set of tie rods!
Sounds good. I will post more once they are completed and I have time to build a couple of sets.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ca07wk View Post
I just contacted bulletproof steering about building us some heim joint tie rods.... definitely interested in these as well as the Coilover mounts and UCAs
I will let you as I get closer to getting these ready. Need to get this thing out of my shop.

Quote:
Originally Posted by caddydaddy View Post
With the swirl motor disabled with a tune, is that valve on the right defaulted to the open or closed position?
The swirl motor is defaulted to the open position when off. The motor has a spring return.

Quote:
Originally Posted by paroxysym View Post
i have to admit, i never thought a LCOG build was possible with this platform as it would require some serious trimming.... but looks like this may be the first. by LCOG i mean 2" or less of lift and a 33"- at least thats what the TJ guys consider LCOG.
keep up the awesome fab work
Thanks, I have wanted to do this pretty much since I bought it. I really like the look and driving of a LCOG Jeep. I am not a fan of lift kits, I like to drive hard in the corners and it get scary when you start tipping. I have put a few vehicles on their side when I was young and stupid. My 1st car was a 94 XJ with a mild lift and I put it on its side with minimal damage then before my senior year I rolled it. So pretty much since then I like my vehicles low and stable.

Plates needed to delete EGR, still missing one more coolant plug.

EGR intake plate
Pro-lite Build
Unread 05-22-2014, 11:57 AM   #75
HEMI35
2007 WK 

excellent build. I like how you are not trying to lift it 10" and trying to stay it close to the road for running.
There is a 05 WK1 Jeepspeed with Dakar specs that might be similar to what you want to build
It is a 2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee 5.7 hemi, quadra trac-II all wheel drive.... Built to OP2 class specs. King shocks, eibach coils, general tires, atx wheels, OMF beadlocks. Baja Designs lights. All stock susp components. it has even won a couple prizes.

http://nismostuff.blogspot.com/2014/...-cherokee.html
http://www.race-dezert.com/forum/thr...-a-jeep.98272/

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.