CB Eng - Pro-lite Build - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > CB Eng - Pro-lite Build

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineOld Man Emu WK Lift - Black Friday Special!!The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!

Unread 04-24-2014, 02:53 PM   #31
ryann04
2008 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by paroxysym View Post
those UCAs look incredible man.. great work.

BTW whats the overall goal of this build again? either way the amount of custom parts and time put into making them is def making this a one of a kind.
He wants to corner the market in aftermarket support for the Jeep WK.

Blue WK Club Member #42 // DIESEL FTW !!!! -Ryan
ryann04 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-24-2014, 04:11 PM   #32
tnadanzig

2007 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by paroxysym View Post
those UCAs look incredible man.. great work.

BTW whats the overall goal of this build again? either way the amount of custom parts and time put into making them is def making this a one of a kind.
Thanks, I still have lots to learn. I have always wanted a go fast low slung 4 door vehicle to haul the family in. I am a huge fan of off road racing especially short track racing. So this is kind of my idea of a short track Pro-lite truck would be if it was a Jeep CRD and still be street legal. I would still like to drive it everyday and can be just as capable on the road as off road. So it still has to have modern conveniences and be comfortable to drive/ride in. This is only stage 1 it get better with each stage, but I have to start somewhere and not go to crazy all at once or it will sit in my garage forever. Still its a pretty big build.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryann04 View Post
He wants to corner the market in aftermarket support for the Jeep WK.
Thanks, that would be nice, maybe someday.
2007 3.0L CRD WK LTD - Stage 2 Custom Spooling Tune, Go Fast Parts
Pro-lite Build
2003 F250 6.0L CCLB - Gearhead Tunes
tnadanzig is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-25-2014, 10:30 AM   #33
IIMacGyverII

2007 WK 

With those new downpipe jigs you've made, are you planing on remove the cat or just making a more efficiently flowing pipe and keep the cat?

N23 Recall Victim
IIMacGyverII is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-25-2014, 11:26 AM   #34
enkeivette

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnadanzig View Post
I am planning on moving the knuckle forward about 1". That is how I have it drawn at the moment. I would also like more room for the tire. Currently it's closer than I would like to the pinch weld, but baby steps.

Yes, that is the idea. I have always wanted some of these parts and figure others probably would too. I currently stock DPF delete and turbo resonator delete pipes. The others I am working on.
I see two bulges up front on the pipe, one is a DPF and the other is a catalytic converter I'm assuming? No way to get rid of both without throwing a DTC?

The resonator I'm guessing is the muffler in the back? I already got rid of that thing. It's wasted metal IMO.

How much?
enkeivette is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-25-2014, 11:43 AM   #35
ryann04
2008 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by enkeivette View Post
I see two bulges up front on the pipe, one is a DPF and the other is a catalytic converter I'm assuming? No way to get rid of both without throwing a DTC?

The resonator I'm guessing is the muffler in the back? I already got rid of that thing. It's wasted metal IMO.

How much?
I removed both my Cat and my DPF on my 3.0l crd. No codes thrown, BUT I do have the GDE tune with DPF removal tune.
Blue WK Club Member #42 // DIESEL FTW !!!! -Ryan
ryann04 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-25-2014, 11:48 AM   #36
tnadanzig

2007 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by IIMacGyverII View Post
With those new downpipe jigs you've made, are you planning on remove the cat or just making a more efficiently flowing pipe and keep the cat?
Remove the cats, get rid of them, just loss of efficiency and added weight that I don't need.

Quote:
Originally Posted by enkeivette View Post
How much?
Not sure what picture you are referring to, but the pics are of the downpipe and only the cats are shown. The downpipe is two pieces and each one has a cat, one small and one big. The DPF is after these. Cats will be removed. With the tuning you will not get a DTC.
The turbo resonator is on the front of the engine between the turbo and intercooler. Its a kidney bean looking piece that supposed to quite the turbo, but doesn't do much but collect oil and disrupt the air flow. You get reduced turbo spool up and improved efficiency/+ mpg. I will PM you info on cost. My performance thread has more info on what upgrades I have done.
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f67/j...-mods-1411857/
Pro-lite Build
Unread 04-25-2014, 12:11 PM   #37
jonjon302
2006 WK 

What a great thread! I'll be watching this one closely.

I wonder if those super cleanly built UCAs would clear the springs better on my modified Superlift. My RROs cause my knuckle and UCA to knick the coil spring.

I'd be very interested in parts when you start to sell them. Or if you need testing on my setup, I'm willing to help you out. 😁
Unread 04-25-2014, 01:03 PM   #38
IIMacGyverII

2007 WK 

Are you going to work with GDE for any new tweeks for the turbo/cat removal?

N23 Recall Victim
IIMacGyverII is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-01-2014, 02:53 PM   #39
tnadanzig

2007 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonjon302 View Post
What a great thread! I'll be watching this one closely.
I wonder if those super cleanly built UCAs would clear the springs better on my modified Superlift. My RROs cause my knuckle and UCA to knick the coil spring.
I'd be very interested in parts when you start to sell them. Or if you need testing on my setup, I'm willing to help you out. ��
Thanks. Currently they are setup for roughly stock height suspension so they probably wouldn't help a ton with spring to knuckle clearance. But that's also why I am going with a new coilover so I can have more clearance as I am pushing the limits of the suspension travel. I can always make a pair to give you more clearance. With my jig it's pretty easy to make adjustments. I will post when they are ready to sell. I could probably use some Superlift testing as I won't be going that direction for my build. Trying to keep this one low and mean.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IIMacGyverII View Post
Are you going to work with GDE for any new tweeks for the turbo/cat removal?
I have talked with Keith about this, but this Jeep has Custom Spooling tunes so I won't be buying new tunes at this time, but I am sure we will talk about what changes can be made. My stage 2 tune was written to take advantage of the bigger turbo/intercooler upgrades.
Pro-lite Build
Unread 05-01-2014, 03:07 PM   #40
tnadanzig

2007 WK 

Updates:
Sorry I haven't posted in a while.
So lets see where I left off. I have finished the downpipe jigs and pretty much finished the 1st new downpipe. All 3" 304 mandrel bent stainless steel tubing with SS v band clamp includes O2 sensor bung welded in. Plug and Play. Stock is a mixture of 2.5" and 2.75".
Cleaned up jig

New vs Old

Got my big brake kit installed from the test spindle and bleed the brakes. Pics of stock vs SRT8 rotor. Man this should help put me through the windshield at 100 MPH. Not a huge fan of decreasing brake performance with bigger tires and some of the things I want to do with this Jeep this was a necessary upgrade. Pumped up to try it out. HA.

Pro-lite Build
Unread 05-01-2014, 03:46 PM   #41
tnadanzig

2007 WK 

Track bar built and installed. Only weights 8 ounces more than stock and its made from 3/16" steel tube vs the crappy stock one barely 1/8 and not fully welded at the ends. Johnny joint and urethane bushing. Looks so much better and its adjustable.

Working on suspension. Well with the stock fender out of the way I could finally figure out how much this is going to hurt. The stock fender prevented about 3" of bump travel. At approximate ride height.

Full bump, clear if you don't turn.

When cycling it acutally hits in the front and the back, but mostly in the back. This might push me to get some extended control arms that push the tire forward 1" a bit sooner than I thought. I didn't think it was going to be this bad. Did the pinch weld mod for quite a long way and still it wasn't enough. Had to break out the BFH and really go to town. Not sure how I am going to run wheel well liners.

Cycled suspension pics. Yellow line on inner fender has to be cut to clear tire. Not using all of the shock travel.
Full bump

Full Extension

Got it with enough room to go lock to lock, but its close in the back. Glad I didn't go with 35's. Plus the wheel spacers don't help much, they kill my scrub radius. Can't wait to get some extended control arms. Bit more work, but its close to being done in the front. Removed front sway bar, it just gets in the way, will see how it handles in the corners without it. Going to keep the SRT8 rear one has it needs some control.
Pro-lite Build
Unread 05-01-2014, 05:11 PM   #42
Rob_S
2006 WK 

This build just gets better and better! I love that coilover up front with the control arms. Did you by chance measure the travel at the spindle? And how are you going to manage bump control if your shock still has travel to spare?

Also, what is the purpose of the rear bump stop spacer? Aren't you using the SRT rear springs which I assume sit lower than stock?

Robbie
Rob_S is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-01-2014, 05:30 PM   #43
pancake
2005 WK 

Are you going to lift at all? Or just stock height and just try to get as much travel possible?
Unread 05-01-2014, 08:24 PM   #44
tnadanzig

2007 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob_S View Post
This build just gets better and better! I love that coilover up front with the control arms. Did you by chance measure the travel at the spindle? And how are you going to manage bump control if your shock still has travel to spare?

Also, what is the purpose of the rear bump stop spacer? Aren't you using the SRT rear springs which I assume sit lower than stock? Robbie
Travel at the spindle is pretty much right at 11.5" I was hoping for 12 or so, might try to figure out how to get that last .5" to 1" of travel. I will put in a urethane bump stop to prevent it from going to far. I might tweak the mounts to help lower the coilover so I have the ability to get more droop than bump. I really can't get any more bump with the wheel in its current location. Need to move it forward and cut out more inner fender.
The rear bump stop is actually thinner than the stock one and gives ~ 0.5" of additional travel. You can get it with an Eibach lowering kit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pancake View Post
Are you going to lift at all? Or just stock height and just try to get as much travel possible?
No lift really, maybe up to an 1" to keep a good ratio of bump to droop travel, but otherwise close to stock ride height as possible. Keep it low like a short coarse race truck. That's the inspiration on the build so this thing is supposed to handle well and lifting reduces that ability. The suspension geometry limits how much droop travel can be had and guys that lift up to 3" don't have much droop.
Pro-lite Build
Unread 05-01-2014, 09:28 PM   #45
Rob_S
2006 WK 

That rear bump stop is awesome! I'm gonna look for an ES rear bump to try and accomplish the same thing. Also an idea for the front might be to build a new lower mount like these ones...

http://m.ebay.com/itm/280984586471?nav=SEARCH

They may give you a little more droop for tire clearance from the body and allow the shock to use that last bit of travel. I know droop is limited but that may help if it isn't drastic.
Rob_S is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.