What give all my secrets away. I used 1" and 1.5" DOM tubing x 0.1875" wall.
Well not a ton of updates. Didn't get much done over the weekend, had to build a play ground set for the daughter, Easter present. Between getting all the materials, cutting, and building I didn't have much time for anything else with the holiday. Still want to take a couple of days to get some real progress done.
Got my battery relocation kit in.
Pic of tacked upper control arms. Much better looking than boxed ones in my opinion.
Cycled the suspension with new arms to see how much fender clearance issues I will have. Tire hits fender with about 3" of bump travel left. Looks like some fiberglass fenders are mandatory. I was going to trim the fenders, but just and bring my self to cut them up and still have the tire stick past. So going to make some 3 by 3 fenders. 3" Rise and 3" flare, ordered the material and resin to build them. Probably cutting the rear and figure out something later.
Just about finished my downpipe jigs. Only have pictures at the moment of the one almost done.
Looking to improve airflow for the engine. So I removed the intake manifolds, cleaned them and proceeded to gut the swirl valves and remove the bosses for welding the openings shut. Also, the intake manifolds have two large posts in them for two bolts to go through. Removed the posts so I can install a flat head screw and them plug the top. Similar to what's done on the 6.0/6.4 powerstroke intake manifolds.