Catch can. How easy to install? Which brand? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > Catch can. How easy to install? Which brand?

Artec Flash Sale - 15% off and Free Shipping over $300Rugged Ridge Bumpers, Winches, Performance from CCOR!JK Front Axle Truss

Unread 11-20-2013, 04:52 AM   #1
hxdrummerxc
2008 WK 

Catch can. How easy to install? Which brand?

You don't see many topics on this. Mostly just a few posts of people recommending a catch can install.

With my Hemi coming up on 90,000 miles soon. Im gonna be performing some minor maintenance on it. Spark plug change first of all. Then I may try and check my manifolds for a leak. (my little tick issue). But I have been thinking about getting a catch can. Not just for performance, but because I hear they can help keep your engine clean and running longer by stopping the oil from making its way into your intake manifold and further into the engine.

But what catch can do you buy? whats better? I have only seen two. The Billet and the DiableSport.

And how do you install it? is it hard?

08' Limited 5.7L QTII | Hemi Club #76 | Saguaro Front Shackles | Blacked out front grille, Blacked out stock chrome wheels | Bwoody 4" Short Ram Velocity Intake | Flowmaster Super 44 & resonator delete | Superchips Vivid |
hxdrummerxc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-20-2013, 06:46 AM   #2
msfulcher77
2008 XK Commander 

Quote:
Originally Posted by hxdrummerxc
You don't see many topics on this. Mostly just a few posts of people recommending a catch can install. With my Hemi coming up on 90,000 miles soon. Im gonna be performing some minor maintenance on it. Spark plug change first of all. Then I may try and check my manifolds for a leak. (my little tick issue). But I have been thinking about getting a catch can. Not just for performance, but because I hear they can help keep your engine clean and running longer by stopping the oil from making its way into your intake manifold and further into the engine. But what catch can do you buy? whats better? I have only seen two. The Billet and the DiableSport. And how do you install it? is it hard?
X2. I was thinking of posting something similar. I've seen on various threads where guys have created their own budget catch cans with air compressor filters or similar. I can't find those threads now. I was thinking of doing this to evaluate the performance, then, if I do like what it does, replace with a better looking BT or the like later on. Interested in the responses!
Unread 11-20-2013, 09:40 AM   #3
caulk04
2008 WK 

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f67/m...=catch+install

I found mine pretty cheap, I looked at getting a generic catch can on eBay but came across this one. Nice piece really.
Unread 11-20-2013, 12:24 PM   #4
kevin776

I put one on my 2005 Hemi. I used a husky air compressor filter and half in fuel line . Its been on now for about 2 months and I've got about 4 tablespoons of oil in the filter. I guess I was expecting more but its just peace of mind knowing its on there
kevin776 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-20-2013, 06:43 PM   #5
TangoTango
2008 WK 

Take a look at the CRD (diesel) catch can write ups.
TangoTango is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.