Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Car won't start, Service Electric Brake System light comes on

19K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  justinmay1982 
#1 ·
I have a 05 Grand Cherokee Laredo that won't start without a jump, all the electrical stuff works (lights, radio, etc) and the battery is relatively new. Also an error message pops up about the electric brake system. Any ideas?

#3 ·
when you're jumping the Jeep are you connecting the ground jumper cable to the engine block? If so, then maybe you have a bad ground to the engine. To verify, connect the ground jumper cable from the Jeep battery (neg) to the engine block, this will basically act as a temporary second ground cable. If it starts your ground cable is bad, likely a dirty connection at the battery or the engine block. Engine block ground connection just above the starter

#4 ·
I too have the same exact problem.

All of the sudden my 2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee started having this message service electric brake system. Now every time I leave my vehicle for any amount of time it drains my battery down and it wont start until I put jumper cables on it. So whatever has to do with the electric brake system is shorting out the battery. I did hit a few pot holes pretty hard and this happened soon after. I have been having to drive on rough road daily because they tore my road up to repave. I have examined the wires that come down to the wheel speed sensor without taking the tire off and they seem fine from what I can see. Could a bad sensor drain my battery? Any help would greatly be appreciated thanks in advance. :confused:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.