Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Can't find a shop willing to put on my lift

1K views 13 replies 9 participants last post by  xjshellback 
#1 ·
All the tire shops tell me no because of "policy issues."

4 Wheel Parts told me no because of the brand (RC) "Oh, I don't install that garbage on any truck here" and immediately hung up on me, ha.:rolleyes: Cool story, bro!:highfive:

A local truck and accessories shop is booked through mid-September (Jeep Fest is right around the corner) and wants $485 to install the kit when he can finally get me in.

Anyone in Atlanta want to make some cash in their driveway? :laugh:

Going to do this on my own, I guess. What tools do I need to install a RC leveling kit? Going to rent a spring compressor to make it a bit easier. Bought the kit from a member on JC.com and there weren't any install instructions. Any help would be appreciated! Any step by step links / videos showing how to install this lift on a Commander? Thanks so much

#2 ·
You actually called a 4X4 shop and asked them to install a $120 spacer lift (that you didn't even buy from them) into your wk? Lol. Business doesn't work that way pal get to reading the installation manual.

#4 ·
4 Wheel Parts told me no because of the brand (RC) "Oh, I don't install that garbage on any truck here" and immediately hung up on me, ha.
I've heard a lot of bad things about Rough Country's quality, but the spacer lift is well made, IMO. I don't think I've heard anyone say a bad thing about it, other than it's only 2 inches! :laugh:

The write ups on here and videos on YouTube should be able to guide you through it, if you are decent with a wrench and have some decent tools to use.

Good luck!

#6 ·
I'm with you. Screw that unprofessional shop. That'd be like a shop not installing tires on my rims because I didn't buy the tires from them. (I do this ALL the time...)

The instructions for the XK and WK are indeed the same, but I no longer can location mine. I remember there being a youtube video that was pretty decent for the installation.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.