Can I get 6.1 HP out of the 5.7 with mods? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > Can I get 6.1 HP out of the 5.7 with mods?

Want to be able to SEE? DOT Approved Headlights for under We have FLASHLIGHTS! Great for your Emergency bag!Flowmaster Overstock: Special Holiday Pricing!!!!

Unread 09-27-2007, 12:57 AM   #1
Beau1K

Can I get 6.1 HP out of the 5.7 with mods?

I'm considering selling my 2000 JGC Limited 4x4 and getting an SRT8...BUT...I'm having trouble coming to terms with not being able to 4x4 with my Jeep!!!

SO...without going too crazy....can I get near the 0-6 5sec. mark or 400HP or so with mods on the 5.7L Hemi?

I imagine this has been asked before...so forgive me if it has...my searches didn't yeild the results I wanted

Beau1K is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-27-2007, 02:59 AM   #2
jeep_on

I think it can be done. Assuming you have the money to do it. You mite want to take a trip over to Dodge Talk. Very smart guys on that site when it comes to the HEMI and what it can and cant do. Look on the3rd Gen RAM section.

I do know how ever, you can swap the cams, intake, and other goodies out of the 6.1L and install them onto a 5.7L with no problems.

Waiting on a 2013 RHD JK Unlimited

Quote:
Originally Posted by PM Thor View Post
Wait, you can't cross creeks up there? What the Hell is up with these Canadians?
jeep_on is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-27-2007, 06:52 AM   #3
2007GC Overland
2007 WK 

Hi Folks
It will take money to do it but start with ported heads, Headers, Exhaust, after market Cam, and custom tune. You will have more power than the 6.1.
thanks
Bill
2007GC Overland is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-27-2007, 12:41 PM   #4
Scottina06
2006 WK 

....and a little happy gas!
Scottina06 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-27-2007, 07:52 PM   #5
HurriJeff
2013 WK 

I wanna see some real time dyno results for that "happy gas".
HEMI CLUB MEMBER #10
Previous Jeeps:
1998 ZJ Special Edition 2wd- Traded
1991 XJ 2.8 2wd Sold
HurriJeff is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-27-2007, 10:17 PM   #6
MarkoPo
2005 WK 

Hennessey Racing out of Texas modifies Jeep and Dodge products on a regular basis. A 5.7 and 6.1 are identical engines except the bore. Like mentioned above you could easily bolt on anything of a SRT. You may have to go without the MDS but gaining 95 HP shouldn't be hard at all. P.S. No one say you couldn't off road an SRT, I'd love to see one slammin down the trails... J/k
Hemi Club member #2
Bonafide Gun Guru
MarkoPo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-28-2007, 07:18 AM   #7
2007GC Overland
2007 WK 

Hi Folks
People want numbers: with ported heads you get 30+ RWHP, Headers will give you 20HP - no tuning is required for both changes but it is pricy. I like to add power by modifying the engine Ė happy gas is a quick way to get power but not my way to go so I only tell what I have seen on other engines. 50 to 120Hp depending on the jets you use, you have make sure you donít create a lean condition and blow the engine up.
Thanks
Bill
2007GC Overland is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.