Camps build thread! - Page 13 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > Camps build thread!

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectThanksgiving holiday sale in effect @ oconeeoffroad.comRugged Ridge 8500lb Winch w/ Steel Cable $294.99 Shipped O

Unread 06-06-2012, 06:23 PM   #181
Static83
2014 JK Wrangler 

Yeah the plastic was getting pretty melty for me. I was trying to be patient and leave it on low, but it didnt become pliable at all.

Static83 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-06-2012, 10:08 PM   #182
DavisI
2002 WJ 

If you wanted to get rid of the chrome on the grille, try using the clear or the smoke plastidip. The tend to create a brushed aluminum look.
Just a suggestion
DavisI is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-02-2012, 11:04 AM   #183
Camp
2005 WK 

Been a while since I posted anything in here. Did a few small things to the jeep lately. First I decided to plasti dip my wheels. I haven't had black wheels since before I had my lift with the stock ronin IIs. I plan on tinting the windows and once I do that I think it will be a nice mix of black and chrome so I'm happy with it.

I also ordered a couple things off amazon. First was a stand for a small hd video camera I have. I mounted it on the dash so I can record my wheeling. It's definitely not a gopro, but since I mostly go mudding it should work fine for what I want to record.

View from how it looks. I'm going camping over the 4th weekend so I'll get a video of how it looks when recording.

Due to some issues with my internet business I am not really getting paid right now and I can't afford much, so I went with a cheap fm transmitter for my ipod rather than something like the isimple. I was getting way too tired if the same cds over and over. It only cost me $10 with free shipping. I live in Boise which is a pretty small city so finding blank radio stations isn't too hard. Sound quality is actually quite amazing. I can't hear any radio static until it is at full blast, even in the really quiet parts of songs, and having a 19 month old son it never gets turned up that loud anyways. So I am very happy with how it turned out. Plus, you can use anything with a 3.5mm headphone jack, it will charge my ipod, and has a usb port. Can't complain for $10.

On another note, just waiting to start getting paid again so I can finally pay off my superlift that I have had ordered for like 2 months now. Props to Kolak again for working with me through a tough time, guy seriously has my business for life! Stay tuned for more updates shortly.
Camp is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-02-2012, 12:00 PM   #184
Static83
2014 JK Wrangler 

Love the black wheels.
My wife had that same ipod transmiter, the GPS on her iphone didnt work when it was in that holder for some reason.
Unread 07-11-2012, 01:50 PM   #185
Camp
2005 WK 

Floated the salmon river and then went camping for a few days over the 4th of July weekend. Took a bunch of pics. Not a whole lot of the wk but just good pics in general. Over 100 so I'll just post the link to my fb page. It was a blast, lots and lots of drinking.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...1&l=798344c77a
Unread 07-11-2012, 04:55 PM   #186
TBwk
2005 WK 

What website did you purchase that ipod tuner off?
TBwk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-11-2012, 06:10 PM   #187
Camp
2005 WK 

Amazon! Only $10. Works great! I will definitely upgrade to something like the isimple eventually but I have way too many other things to spend my money on right now. On that note I'm only two payments away from paying off my Superlift

Sent from my HTC 3D using JeepForum
Unread 07-23-2012, 01:41 PM   #188
Camp
2005 WK 

Couple weeks ago when I got back from a camping trip I had my check engine light come on. Pulled a P0430 code, catalyst efficiency bank 2. Did some research and basically only found that I had to replace my catalytic converter. So I took it to my mechanic to see what he had to say. He ended up putting sea foam straight into my fuel injection system with this weird little thing he built, looks like a IV drip for a car. It ran down into my catalytic converter and let it sit there for like 5 hours. After letting it sit in there I started it and ran it all through. Cleared the code and it hasn't come back up, and its been a couple weeks now so I am assuming that it cleaned out the cc good enough to pass emissions again. Definitely worth a try for anyone who has the same code come up, since replacing the cc is never very cheap. The last is a video of running the seafoam through.

Unread 07-23-2012, 02:40 PM   #189
JeepN4KC
Keep on Jeepin on........

Holy smokes, Batman!

Had you ever Seafoamed that rig? Looks like that stuff burns off more carbon build-up than Seafoam.

My Build Thread WK
My Other Build Thread XJ
'01 XJ with some stuff
Sept 2013 Cherokee of the Month
'07 WK with some other stuff
~RED WK CLUB #7~
'11 KK with mostly stock stuff
'06WK our first Jeep with stock stuff - totalled and gone
JeepN4KC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-23-2012, 02:55 PM   #190
Camp
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepN4KC View Post
Holy smokes, Batman!

Had you ever Seafoamed that rig? Looks like that stuff burns off more carbon build-up than Seafoam.
Nope I have never used seafoam on anything before. But that was so gnarly I might do it again at 90,000 miles when I do everything else just to be safe. I'm dreading the 90,000 tune up.

But on another note, as of this coming wednesday my SL will officially be paid off!
Unread 08-20-2012, 02:23 PM   #191
Camp
2005 WK 

Been a while since I posted anything in here. Things are about to become very exciting for me soon! Went and got a fire extinguisher to add to my collection of offroad parts I have piling up in the back. Nothing special but it will get the job done if I ever need to use it.

I also got my hella 500ffs in a little while back. Got them mounted but not wired yet. Still waiting on my led strip for rock lights and cargo area lights along with the saguaro switch panel. Figured I'd wire it all in at the same time. My switches for the switch panel did come in today too.

Also the first 2 boxes of superlift components came in last week along with the egr module. Shouldn't be long before I have it all here and then that will be my next project.

Unread 08-20-2012, 04:03 PM   #192
Robb286
2006 WK 

Yes the zombie light switch! I've been wanting to add that switch to my panel. Very nice!
Robb286 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-20-2012, 05:10 PM   #193
mattydipps
2006 WK 

ive been wanting a sag switch panel for the longest time i just need a clever way to mount my cb out of the way haha
Unread 08-22-2012, 04:54 PM   #194
Camp
2005 WK 

Got my led strip in today along with the saguaro switch panel. Got the switch panel installed. Will be wiring the driving lights and rock lights this weekend. Another SL box showed up today. Only one left!

Unread 08-22-2012, 04:59 PM   #195
Camp
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robb286 View Post
Yes the zombie light switch! I've been wanting to add that switch to my panel. Very nice!
Haha I actually wanted the rock light and driving switches but they were out of the driving light so I went with zombie instead. Eventually I will order the other one when they have it in stock.

Tags
boise , idaho , mudding , ome hd , wk

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.