Camps build thread! - Page 12 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > Camps build thread!

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsJK Front Lower Adjustable Control Arms!

Unread 05-25-2012, 09:13 AM   #166
Static83
2005 WK 

Got my rubicon wheels/tires and sent the money for my OME HD.
Camp, u gotta plastidip those wheels so I can see what it looks like My wk is white as well.

Static83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-25-2012, 10:19 AM   #167
Camp
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Static83
Got my rubicon wheels/tires and sent the money for my OME HD.
Camp, u gotta plastidip those wheels so I can see what it looks like My wk is white as well.
I had my previous wheels black, but with all the chrome on it it just didn't flow right. And I really don't want to go through the trouble of plasti dipping all my emblems, grill, side stripes etc. If you go to the jeep picture request page there is a PhotoShop thread. Just put w pic of your jeep and ask them to PhotoShop the wheels black and then you can see what it looks like. Or use a pic of mine if you want to see it with the lift. I'll send you a link to it as soon as I get off my phone and to a computer.

Edit. Here is the link: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f59/p...thread-517571/
Unread 05-25-2012, 10:50 AM   #168
Jvenrick

2007 WK 

Camp the WK is looking great. Awesome pics! I love the white very clean...when its not dirty!! haha
2007 Grand Cherokee Rocky Mountain Edition: 4.7L V8- QTII- Green- Mopar Recovery Hooks Front/Rear- 2in Rough Country lift- 265/70/17 Cooper discover AT3's- 1in BORA wheel spacers- Rola roof basket with extension- F-150 Monroe load levelers- Putco window vents- plasti-dipped wheels- Stillen rotors and pads- solid diff cover- N Dure tail light guards
Jvenrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-25-2012, 11:35 AM   #169
Camp
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvenrick View Post
Camp the WK is looking great. Awesome pics! I love the white very clean...when its not dirty!! haha
Thanks man. I can't wait to get the SL on!
Unread 05-25-2012, 04:41 PM   #170
Jvenrick

2007 WK 

seriously, thats gonna be sick!!
2007 Grand Cherokee Rocky Mountain Edition: 4.7L V8- QTII- Green- Mopar Recovery Hooks Front/Rear- 2in Rough Country lift- 265/70/17 Cooper discover AT3's- 1in BORA wheel spacers- Rola roof basket with extension- F-150 Monroe load levelers- Putco window vents- plasti-dipped wheels- Stillen rotors and pads- solid diff cover- N Dure tail light guards
Jvenrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-30-2012, 03:23 AM   #171
scootbobb
2005 WK 

Hey man, nice build thread. How's the programmer working out? Noticeable difference in mpg?
scootbobb is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-30-2012, 12:42 PM   #172
Camp
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by scootbobb
Hey man, nice build thread. How's the programmer working out? Noticeable difference in mpg?
Thanks man. Yeah the programmer is great. I have it set on the 87 tune. I'm seeing about a 3mpg difference with it. The shift points are also much smoother. I haven't used the performance tune yet but have only heard awesome things about it.

Sent from my HTC 3D using JeepForum
Unread 05-30-2012, 01:12 PM   #173
corswandtm
2007 WK 

Try the 91 tune for sure. Same mileage, if not better than the 87 tune, at least on the highway. And it makes the Hemi a whole different beast.

I had success with the Throttle Body ground wire and unplugging the battery to reset the PCM. I then dogged the hell out of it for a few days. The PCM seemed to learn that I wanted quick throttle response, and that I wanted all of the power sooner in the pedal.
Unread 05-30-2012, 01:19 PM   #174
Camp
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by corswandtm View Post
Try the 91 tune for sure. Same mileage, if not better than the 87 tune, at least on the highway. And it makes the Hemi a whole different beast.

I had success with the Throttle Body ground wire and unplugging the battery to reset the PCM. I then dogged the hell out of it for a few days. The PCM seemed to learn that I wanted quick throttle response, and that I wanted all of the power sooner in the pedal.
Yeah I definitely will. I have just been waiting to do all the maintenance on it first. I have to do spark plugs, egr, pcv, fuel filter, air filter, fluids, all that good stuff before I go for the performance tune.
Unread 06-06-2012, 12:46 AM   #175
Static83
2005 WK 

What did you end up doing with the wheel well after you did the pinch weld mod? I think I did pretty good on the pinch weld itself, but the damn wheel well is still rubbing a bit. I've cut the bottom part off and tried a heat gun, just cant seem to get it completely flat.
Unread 06-06-2012, 08:09 AM   #176
06WKHEMI
2006 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Static83
What did you end up doing with the wheel well after you did the pinch weld mod? I think I did pretty good on the pinch weld itself, but the damn wheel well is still rubbing a bit. I've cut the bottom part off and tried a heat gun, just cant seem to get it completely flat.
I had a ***** of a time with the well liner too and i eventually said f it and drilled a small hole near the bottom of it and used a zip tie to pull it back to an existing hole further back its kinda ghetto but i don't really care lol
2006 Black wk overland HEMI QDII. OME HD bilstein struts with 58643 monroe load levelers RRO uca, afe cold air intake,hella 500FF behind grille, RC 1.5 wheel spacers s4xc cb antenna mount with 5ft firestik and midland 1001wx CB,265/70-17 falken rockymountain ats, pinch weld mod, door lock mod, Rola basket with 2 Hella 500 FF`s.
06WKHEMI is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-06-2012, 09:16 AM   #177
Static83
2005 WK 

Drilled a hole myself to do the same thing, but it still sticks out slightly where the pinch weld was. That part of the plastic is very rigid and even with the heat gun is hard to form. I dont have my lift on yet, but do have 255/75/17 tires on there already with 1.5" spacers. I was hoping I could get it not to rub before the lift that way I would not ever have to worry about it after the lift and when wheeling. Am I dreaming?
Unread 06-06-2012, 01:53 PM   #178
Camp
2005 WK 

I haven't done anything with the well liner yet. I don't have a heat gun nor am I very skilled with a torch or anything like that so I just have it the way it came. I only get slight rubbing at full lock in reverse, and sometimes when the wheel is stuffed up in there. Doesn't really bother me, but once I get the SL on I will have to figure something else out. Probably just do the same as 06wkhemi, just drill a hole and pull it back. Either that or do it the super ghetto way and just cut that part completely out and use some gorilla tape to cover up the hole. I guess as long as it does its job of stopping mud and water and such from flying around behind the liner then it doesn't really matter what you do.
Unread 06-06-2012, 04:12 PM   #179
mattydipps
2006 WK 

I tried the heat gun method and it actually melted the plastic instead of allowing me to play with it hahah
Unread 06-06-2012, 04:47 PM   #180
Camp
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattydipps
I tried the heat gun method and it actually melted the plastic instead of allowing me to play with it hahah
Yeah same thing that would happen to me if I tried.

Sent from my HTC 3D using JeepForum

Tags
boise , idaho , mudding , ome hd , wk

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.