Calling all 2007 WK diesel CRD owners! - Page 6 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > Calling all 2007 WK diesel CRD owners!

Brand New! Quadratec LED Headlights!FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 04-07-2009, 04:43 AM   #76
DarwinDave
2007 WK 

Hi all ,

had this trouble last Friday, engine just stopped in middle of road in peak morning traffic. Had to coast to inner lane and block one complete lane of the road.
Rang Jeep assist and they said thaey would send help out to tow. After about 15minutes and a few trys to start (motor would turnover but not fire) it decided to start. Phoned Jeep assist again and they asked if I thought that I could get to the dealer. The engine light on the dash was on (whilst motor was running) and it was orange. Jeep assist advised that it was OK to drive while it was orange but if it changed to red, stop immediately. Anyhow made the dealer and after a check out they advised that it was the crankshaft sensor. They replaced it under waranty (35,000 kms) and WH is now runnibg lika a clock with what appears a better mileage.

Cheers to all

DarwinDave
Brisbane, Australia

DarwinDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-22-2009, 03:00 PM   #77
johnv
2007 WK 

Crikey Dave, that would have been scary, thanks for the info re this website, I'll see what I can find re that wheel alignment issue on my WK (WH in Aus) - best wishes - johnv, Townsville, Australia
johnv is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-27-2009, 06:34 PM   #78
CIDdriver
2007 FSJ Cherokee 

I had the same problem on my 2007 CRD... highway speed... then nothing. No recall, just a TSB. Lovely. Here... let me get my wallet out for you... just take what you want.
CIDdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-15-2010, 12:34 PM   #79
Pashin
2009 WK 

This has not happened to my 3.0L TD ... yet; however, I have significant oil loss.

The Dealer says this is coming from a faulty "Turbo Tube". There has not been a recall issued but a bulletin has been issued about a month ago.

I hope this fixes my oil leak. SmoothBore, you might want to check the turbo tube and turbo seals. I leak about a litre of oil between each fuel fill up currently and leave a giant oil slick wherever I park.
Pashin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-24-2010, 05:54 PM   #80
roadman

Guess I get to join this club.

2007 CRD with 68,000 miles. Jeep at dealer today for #1 glow plug failure and faulty crankshaft position sensor.

Vehicle was running OK, and had the check engine light come one with the glow plug light. Pulled the codes and that is what they found. Running it thru my extended warrenty, and hope to have it back tomorrow.

Μολὼν λάβε
roadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-27-2010, 03:42 PM   #81
roadman

Cam position sensor?

Is this the same as the cam position sensor? That's what just was replaced on mine.

Μολὼν λάβε
roadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-27-2010, 03:56 PM   #82
merlinTec

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman View Post
Is this the same as the cam position sensor? That's what just was replaced on mine.
Nope never had a cam sensor fail on this engine.
Unread 06-01-2011, 10:50 AM   #83
madds
2006 WK 

Every wk diesel owner must read this !!!!!!

I own a 2006 wk grand cherokee 3.0 crd v6.... its one of the family.. oil and filter changes every 6mths my own vehicle from new .. 28,000 miles.
The local dealership 2 years ago were asked about the crank postion sensor fault... the answer was that these year models were not part of the faulty sensor batch...........
last friday driving at high speed the engine CUT OUT... no power steering .. no brakes ...managed by luck to get out of the motorway fast lane........ the breakdown truck was called........ THE CRANK SENSOR HAD FAILED.... this could have ended in a fatal accident...
IF YOU OWN A MERCEDES POWERED JEEP GO TO THE DEALER AND DEMAND THAT THEY CHANGE THE CRANK POSITION SENSOR.......
THIS IS A POTENTIAL TIME BOMB UNDER EVERY WK OWNERS HOOD.....SOMEONE WILL BE KILLED !!!!!
madds is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-01-2011, 11:07 AM   #84
madds
2006 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyrx View Post
Does anybody know what kind of sales numbers MB and Dodge has with the CRD engine? The recall lists 9004 MB vehicles and 6101 Dodge vehicles; is that all of them or just select numbers? Obviously at least some of the WK CRDs are having this same issue...just wondering if they think they know which engine serial numbers are affected.
take it as all the engines with this sensor have the potential of failure.... the engine can not be trusted !!!!!!
madds is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-15-2011, 08:53 AM   #85
Chirpz

2007 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by merlinTec View Post
Hi
The Chrysler safety recall number is H02 with a recall part number of CBA1H020 (looked it up) so canít check for the same part number as in our TSB 05175763AB but suspect it is and the affected vehicles WK built before june 12 2007 XH before march 28 2007 see TSB http://www.wkjeeps.com/tsb/tsb_wk_0900407.pdf if it was mine I would get it changed recall or not. The ones I have had with this fault there is no warning the engine just stops but may restart when cooled down.
Regards,
Merlin
Bingo!! This is exactly what happened to us on our trip to Florida while pulling a trailer. December 2008, we had just left our daughter's house in Vegas. We were pulling out of town and it stalled in heavy traffic. I was stunned because we had just bought the Jeep a few days earlier and it only had 11,000 on it. After cooling for 10 minutes while sitting in heavy traffic, it started and drove about .5 miles and stalled again. We repeated this process all the way to the dealer (about 3 miles fortunately). They fixed it under warranty, but we had to camp in their parking lot for a day.
EHM MOD, Garmin Mechanic EcoHD, K&N Filter (Deleted)
Chirpz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-23-2011, 04:57 PM   #86
helo91

2007 GC 3.0L glo plugs

where is the #5 cylinder on a 2007 GC 3.0 L diesel?
helo91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-16-2011, 07:05 PM   #87
alrhall
2007 WK 

TSB 09-004-07 sez change crankshaft position sensors with a Julian date of 07 T 59 or earlier (59th day of 2007). New part # 05175763AB
alrhall is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-04-2012, 04:40 AM   #88
terrasmak
2007 WK 

Hey everyone, I just bought an 07 CRD a couple weeks ago. Seems like a really nice ride so far. I'm looking forward no many miles on this thing and getting an open trailer to tow my race car.

How is the factory trans cooler? I figure my loaded trailer will run slightly over 5k pounds, will I need to upgrade the cooler? Any other tips and tricks.

Also, what trailer brake controller are people using on these?
terrasmak is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-17-2012, 07:58 PM   #89
bobholthaus
2007 WK 

My dealer just did $3800 in repairs on engine at 82,000. I bought the jeep new and it has been maintained to book specs. The dealer doesn't do much CRD work so they had the jeep 21 days. Took entire engine out twice (because at 14 days when I picked it up the interior was filling with exhaust fumes). Letter going to Chrysler this week. I'm at 84478 miles and my extended warranty ends at 85k. Tonight the dash lights all,came on three times in two minutes while driving, like I had turned the key off. Anyone know what this is? This thing is a POS in my opinion. I've had tons of issues.
'07 GC CRD Limited - OEM 08 HID's - OEM 08 Chrome 18" Wheels - 265/60-18 Bridgestone Revo 2s - Valentine 1 - Weathertech Cargo Liner & Mats - UConnect - PIAA 1000 Driving Lights - Garmin 750 - Cargo Area LEDs - Mopar Remote Start - HID fogs
bobholthaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-17-2012, 10:33 PM   #90
Chirpz

2007 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by terrasmak View Post
Hey everyone, I just bought an 07 CRD a couple weeks ago. Seems like a really nice ride so far. I'm looking forward no many miles on this thing and getting an open trailer to tow my race car.

How is the factory trans cooler? I figure my loaded trailer will run slightly over 5k pounds, will I need to upgrade the cooler? Any other tips and tricks.

Also, what trailer brake controller are people using on these?
If you CRD came with a factory installed hitch, the cooler will most likely be fine. We towed our trailer all over the US, including elevations above 9,000 and never had a problem with the cooler or tranny.
EHM MOD, Garmin Mechanic EcoHD, K&N Filter (Deleted)
Chirpz is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.