Calling all 2007 WK diesel CRD owners! - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > Calling all 2007 WK diesel CRD owners!

Advance Adapters SYE KitsRIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all Rubicon express discounts from oconee off-road

Unread 03-17-2008, 04:35 PM   #31
Tuco
2007 WK 

Glad to hear the part is not expensive and relatively easy to change. I would like to carry a backup. No problems in 6K miles.

Does anyone have a Chrysler part number that we should use?

Thanks

Unread 03-22-2008, 11:40 AM   #32
Swayse
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Good news on the price of the part I'm gonna get one and change it, I need the part number too.
Unread 03-22-2008, 01:19 PM   #33
merlinTec

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuco View Post

Does anyone have a Chrysler part number that we should use?

Thanks
Hi
The partnumber is in the TSB
http://www.wkjeeps.com/tsb/tsb_wk_0900407.pdf
Regards,
Merlin
Unread 03-23-2008, 04:42 AM   #34
2007GrandDiesel
2007 WK 

It's fine that all of you are planning on replacing this item and/or carrying a spare, but please think of all the families (with and without kids) who drive these vehicles every day in high speed traffic that don't read this message board. They will never know about this until it's perhaps too late. The only way to reach them is through a recall. Please, let's all file a complaint with the NHTSA, *even if it's just to mention the other recalls by number and request them to investigate the Jeeps as well"

http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/
2007GrandDiesel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-23-2008, 04:35 PM   #35
bobholthaus
2007 WK 

I agree with 2007GrandDiesel. Let's get this thing reported and fixed by Chrysler.
'07 GC CRD Limited - OEM 08 HID's - OEM 08 Chrome 18" Wheels - 265/60-18 Bridgestone Revo 2s - Valentine 1 - Weathertech Cargo Liner & Mats - UConnect - PIAA 1000 Driving Lights - Garmin 750 - Cargo Area LEDs - Mopar Remote Start - HID fogs
bobholthaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-24-2008, 07:45 PM   #36
Tuco
2007 WK 

Okay, I see your point. According to TSB, this is easy to check and easy to replace and not too costly. It makes sense to let all potential vehicle owners aware and I guess the recall notices are more effective at alerting owners than the TSB's.

As for those who say the dealer wont do anything, why not just quote them the TSB? I thought anyone that is already aware of a TSB can just go to a dealer and have them check the vehicle for the relevant TSB. I cant believe that a recall notice is needed for them to check the crank shaft sensor. But I guess I will find out tomorrow when I have the dealer deal with some other warranty items.

Last edited by Tuco; 03-24-2008 at 08:53 PM..
Tuco is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-24-2008, 08:50 PM   #37
Tuco
2007 WK 

later... I just remembered the spare engine in the garage. I pulled the crank shaft sensor to use as a spare

Tools: You can access this component from above without removing the tcase skid plate but it will be by feel. Otherwise you will need to figure out how to access this sensor (under by removing skid plate, or from side by removing front wheel). The electrical connection comes right off by pressing the tab underneath plug with thumb. The bolt can be removed with a 1/4 inch socket (6 or 12 pt).

Last edited by Tuco; 03-24-2008 at 10:29 PM..
Tuco is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-25-2008, 03:30 AM   #38
2007GrandDiesel
2007 WK 

Quote:
Okay, I see your point. According to TSB, this is easy to check and easy to replace and not too costly. It makes sense to let all potential vehicle owners aware and I guess the recall notices are more effective at alerting owners than the TSB's.

As for those who say the dealer wont do anything, why not just quote them the TSB? I thought anyone that is already aware of a TSB can just go to a dealer and have them check the vehicle for the relevant TSB. I cant believe that a recall notice is needed for them to check the crank shaft sensor. But I guess I will find out tomorrow when I have the dealer deal with some other warranty items.
The TSB doesn't refer to stalling, only to "engine cranks but will not start". I am not aware of any TSBs related to stalling. That's another reason why this is so urgent. Chances are, even if your engine did stall and you took it to the dealer, they would say "no problem found".
Unread 03-25-2008, 08:26 AM   #39
Tuco
2007 WK 

It may not say "stalling" but it sure sounds like this TSB is related since it points to the same potentially defective part. Hopefully the Jeeps get the recall soon so this can be put behind us and hopefully the problem really is just the sensor.
Unread 03-25-2008, 08:44 AM   #40
2007GrandDiesel
2007 WK 

Quote:
It may not say "stalling" but it sure sounds like this TSB is related since it points to the same potentially defective part. Hopefully the Jeeps get the recall soon so this can be put behind us and hopefully the problem really is just the sensor.
I believe they are related. My Jeep had the failure to start the day after I bought it brand new, however when I took it to the dealer for repair, this TSB had not yet been released. I eventually got it started, and of course "no problem found". Same on the times mine has stalled as well. And I am talking about several different dealers too, from my personal experience.
Unread 04-01-2008, 03:22 PM   #41
jftjim
2007 WK 

I got the sensor for $27.00, retail cost is something like $40.00 Today I had it in to get the Pass. Rear view mirrior switched out (as the orginal one had stopped getting power to it!!) and I had them install the sensor that I paid for. Labor was $57.00---So If and when the recall happens ---I will submit the bill for them to pay. SO ---For 80 bucks I have piece of mind---quite worth it.!
jftjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-11-2008, 10:03 PM   #42
Tuco
2007 WK 

I think $57 to remove and install this sensor is way too high. This literally takes about 5 minutes to change out. I cant imagine the labor quote from the books is more than 15 minutes.
Unread 04-12-2008, 01:40 AM   #43
merlinTec

Quote:
I think $57 to remove and install this sensor is way too high. This literally takes about 5 minutes to change out. I cant imagine the labor quote from the books is more than 15 minutes.
Hi
Labor time is 0.3 to change
Unread 04-15-2008, 02:55 PM   #44
thistle

Took my GC CRD in to local dealer today and offered to pay for them to inspect the crank position sensor. They found the sensor Julian date to be 07 T 29. This was earlier than the cut off date so the replaced the sensor with a new one. Therefore the service was covered by the warranty.. I had not had any problems with stalling but am planning 6k trip this summer and didn't want to take any chance. 11k miles on the car . 22mpg local driving. 24 highway... Love the car, hate the price of diesel @$4.10 in NC..
thistle is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-15-2008, 08:32 PM   #45
Tuco
2007 WK 

Quote:
Hi
Labor time is 0.3 to change
I stand corrected. Its 18 minutes!

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.