Calling all 2007 WK diesel CRD owners! - Page 10 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > Calling all 2007 WK diesel CRD owners!

TJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFGTJ, YJ & LJ Drop Down Tail Gate Conversion KitLJ Suspension Systems from Clayton Off Road

Unread 02-23-2014, 01:43 PM   #136
PDragon
2007 WK 

I have been driving one for almost a year. Is a 2007, +210,000 Kms WK CRD - the issues of the motor and rest of the truck are well documented. I have no issues with the motor (knock on wood) but other members of this forum haven't been so lucky.
My issues have been with the truck's body work, mainly the sunroof.

The crd has power in spades and runs like a charm. Keep in mind why do you need/want a CRD. In my case the crd's city mileage is "meh" (around 15MPG, I think) paired with very high diesel prices, is not making too much sense for me right now.

That being said, the WK CRD is an awesome machine, that could give you thousands of miles trouble free.

Unread 04-07-2014, 05:05 AM   #137
james_2k
2009 WK 

you guys have no idea what high fuel prices are! haha

almost 200 USD to fill my tank.
james_2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-03-2014, 10:59 AM   #138
Zlartibartfast

2007 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by coupdevill View Post
Questions:

If I avoid the 07' can I avoid many of the issues?
Are there mods I should do on the front side?
I figure I can get a low mileage 07-09 WK Diesel CRD for $18-$22K

Advice? Stay away or take the plunge?

coup
I have an 07 (RWD) now with 69K miles on it. I have NOT had the swirl motor issue (I installed the GDE tune just a few months after I bought it in 2012), but I have had 2 glow plugs fail (not a big deal except #6 is hard to get at). No need to "avoid" the 07.

Mods to the front side? Not sure what that means....the only front end mods I made were cosmetic (I did instal new Bilstein struts, by choice not necessity)

Mine is a Limited w/rear DVD - got it with 46K miles it, paid $24K 2 years ago. I know of some folks that got theirs for less than I paid, so you're probably in the ballpark there.

Yes- I would recommend this Jeep to anyone who is comfortable with diesel
Zlartibartfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-06-2014, 12:44 PM   #139
zc911

anyone else have their oil temp sensor (pretty sure thats what it is) in the oil pan start leaking?
Found a couple drips in the driveway and the sensor in the pan was wet and around it was wet from oil as well. I gave it a couple turns with a wrench to see if that fixes it. Is there a gasket on it it that i can replace at my next oil change?
Unread 06-15-2014, 01:01 AM   #140
SeekingCRD
2008 WK 

Hey guys
I'm looking at an 08 3.0 CRD WK Limited. It's has only 94ooo Kms. I've read a bunch of this forum but did not find much about if the issues were fixed in 08 from the 07..

I will be looking to buy an extended aftermarket warranty for this jeep seeing as I've used the one I got for my diesel f350 and it covered the expensive injection parts, pumps etc...

This one drives nice but I'm concerned with the sensation that it always gears down (or attempts to gear down) when you let off the go pedal. What should my mechanic be looking for when he does the inspection? The codes that come up will they show with a standard code reader?

Thanks
SeekingCRD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-16-2014, 03:45 AM   #141
TangoTango
2008 WK 

I have an 08, and the gear down which is also a kluck-thud sometimes is normal, just takes some getting used to.
The swirl motor is still a problem on the 08. Since you are in BC you can get tank rust on the bottom of the fuel tank above the skid plate. The is a black o-ring gasket that should be on the large hose cold air intake into the turbo, if it has the orange one it ill leak oil on top of the engine.

There is a tune from GDE green diesel worth the money. Maybe yours has it already?

hope that helps.
TangoTango is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-16-2014, 09:46 PM   #142
PDragon
2007 WK 

GDE Eco tune is a must.
Make sure 4lo is working and that is Recall N23 free

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.