Caiati Build Thread - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > Caiati Build Thread

ANOTHER Rockridge4wd Creation!! Spare Tire Carrier Delete ROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 10-13-2012, 08:58 PM   #16
caiati
2006 WK 

Makes perfect sense and I already thought about that but I'm trying to figure out the best way to do it.

Unread 10-14-2012, 07:39 AM   #17
caiati
2006 WK 

I want to say thank you again to everyone on here. I can't stand having a stock vehicle and although its not highly modified, I was very relieved when I got up this morning and saw my Jeep. Im sure future mods will be coming but for now its good.
Unread 10-14-2012, 08:03 AM   #18
partlowr
2007 WK 

Can you post a close up photo and some more details on your front air dam/diffuser mod. I want to give it a try and sounds super clean. Thanks.
partlowr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-14-2012, 08:20 AM   #19
caiati
2006 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by partlowr View Post
Can you post a close up photo and some more details on your front air dam/diffuser mod. I want to give it a try and sounds super clean. Thanks.
No problem.... I didn't take pictures while I was doing it. I literally took the diffuser off 2 days after I brought it home. It was laying in the garage and the two rectangular holes on the side of the bumper were bothering me. I looked at the diffuser and saw that there was an evident crease at the top. All I did was take my razor knife and scored it several times until it went all the way through. The sides took a little more scoring and finesse so they wouldn't break, but it's very easy to follow the line and only took about 10-15 minutes. I think I will either take the white clips off and paint them black or I will cut the tabs off and just use pliers if I need to take it off again. It did make a substantial difference taking it off... way better approach clearance. The day i drove it home I climbed up the bank next to my driveway (that's the way a Jeep should approach the owner's property for the first time) and the air dam got scraped. After taking it off it didn't do it again.
img_7525.jpg   img_1641.jpg  
Unread 10-14-2012, 08:49 AM   #20
partlowr
2007 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by caiati View Post
No problem.... I didn't take pictures while I was doing it. I literally took the diffuser off 2 days after I brought it home. It was laying in the garage and the two rectangular holes on the side of the bumper were bothering me. I looked at the diffuser and saw that there was an evident crease at the top. All I did was take my razor knife and scored it several times until it went all the way through. The sides took a little more scoring and finesse so they wouldn't break, but it's very easy to follow the line and only took about 10-15 minutes. I think I will either take the white clips off and paint them black or I will cut the tabs off and just use pliers if I need to take it off again. It did make a substantial difference taking it off... way better approach clearance. The day i drove it home I climbed up the bank next to my driveway (that's the way a Jeep should approach the owner's property for the first time) and the air dam got scraped. After taking it off it didn't do it again.
Thank you, looks clean. I took my air dam off too but didn't like the unfinished look so I reinstalled it, this is the cure.
partlowr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-14-2012, 09:11 AM   #21
caiati
2006 WK 

Your welcome. It is definitely the cure for those of us who don't like the unfinished look.
Unread 10-14-2012, 09:18 AM   #22
jeremyc653
2005 WK 

Subscribed

sent while driving my wk
Unread 10-18-2012, 04:40 PM   #23
caiati
2006 WK 

Spiced up the grill today...
image-1742310371.jpg   image-4206332804.jpg  
Unread 10-18-2012, 09:01 PM   #24
paroxysym
2007 WK 

Nice rig, I love the airdam idea. Ill be looking to do that. It sucks seeing everyone plastidip their chrome trim when I have the black trim they want lol
Unread 10-18-2012, 10:06 PM   #25
R4TCHET
2005 WK 

i think i am going to do the airdam too, i wonder how the stripes side stripes would look on the dark khaki
| (dark)KHAKI WK CLUB MEMBER 17 | 2005 4.7L QTII | JBA UCAs | Modified OME MD 3.5" lift | Rusty's Adj. track bar | 4XG Matrix | 285/70r17 Duratracs | 17" KMC Enduro Wheels | Rola Roof Rack | 21" Bean LED Light bar on Roof Rack | 2 12" Punch P3 Subs | Expanded Sheet Grille | SA Sliders |
R4TCHET is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-19-2012, 03:52 AM   #26
caiati
2006 WK 

Thanks! You can get the stripes any color you'd like.... I almost did a burnt orange but figured the black went with all the trim better.
Unread 10-19-2012, 05:10 AM   #27
caiati
2006 WK 

I decided that I don't like the grill mesh chrome so ill be taking the plastidip off of the entire grill and painting the grill and mesh black...
Unread 12-25-2012, 08:22 AM   #28
AJeepZJ
2006 WK 

found it! I enjoyed that plasti dipping write-up you did... and with the side-molding (plastic) fading more and more every year. I might just bedline-it and use a similar method you did.
Unread 12-25-2012, 09:24 AM   #29
caiati
2006 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJeepZJ
found it! I enjoyed that plasti dipping write-up you did... and with the side-molding (plastic) fading more and more every year. I might just bedline-it and use a similar method you did.
The plastidip is holding up surprisingly well. I think I may go the bedliner route if the plastidip starts breaking down.
Unread 04-13-2013, 01:35 PM   #30
caiati
2006 WK 

**UPDATE**...... The plasti-dip is holding up amazingly well!! It's been through several car washes, beat the winter with snow, freezing rain, road salt and negative temperatures. Unfortunately, I just took a nice chunk out of my mopar stripes with the pressure washer.... I guess I have to order more. The plasti-dip is quality stuff and I wouldn't be afraid to recommend to anyone who is interested.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.