Cabin Air Filter - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > Cabin Air Filter

UCF Halloween Sale - 15% Off Until Midnight on Friday!Halloween Savings to die for!ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4w

Unread 06-17-2010, 11:56 PM   #16
fatfreddy
2008 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by omelet View Post
I thought about getting one, but then I realized that I would be defeating the purpose of having one every time I open a door or roll down a window!
When you have the windows down you are not trapping as much of the dust and crap as you would with the windows up.Plus when you drive on dusty roads put the windows up and you don't get a dusty filthy interior.I love my cabin filter.Spend way less time cleaning the interior now.Another plus is the crap isn't getting into the AC core so it won't get all moldy smelly.

fatfreddy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-18-2010, 12:40 PM   #17
dieth
2008 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rraiderr View Post
Devil this was on the link above. For the price I figured it couldn't hurt installing a filter.

Vehicle air quality study

A study conducted by Californiaís South Coastal Air Quality Management District found that air inside a car may have up to 10 times the pollutants of outside air. Small particles of these pollutants, which include exhaust fumes, road dust, plant pollen and mold spores, enter a carís interior by way of the vehicleís heating, air conditioning and ventilation (HVAC) system. Once inside, they become part of the air you breathe. With a cabin air filter, 90% of these contaminants can be prevented from entering your carís interior.
If people find out about this, convertible sales will go in the toilet...OH NO!

Who did the study? An association of whole house air filter dealers??? The first rule of selling something..."1st you make em sick-then you make em well [with your product]"

Just look at all the ED, incontinance,going-going-going and adult diaper commercials. How'd we survive so long.
dieth is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-18-2010, 01:46 PM   #18
90grandoneer
2006 WK 

I say, "To each his own" on this one. I've had the optional factory cabin filter on my LX since I bought it new 5 years ago, and I see the crap that it catches. I put one on my WK and won't have a vehicle without one now. I also concur with "fatfreddy's" reasoning. I recently had to pull the A/C evaporator core from my 90 Grand Wagoneer for this very reason. Of course, back then there were no filters, but it was plugged almost solid and the A/C didn't cool well, even though the rest of the system was sound. This filtration is rather cheap insurance against having to tear the system apart later, IMO.
90grandoneer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-19-2013, 01:11 PM   #19
Palak
2008 WK 

I realize this is an old thread..
figured I would update with the most recent numbers...
You NEED the kit FIRST if you do not already have a filter.. one time purchase.. $69.70 from mopar (includes filter)
You can find it online for cheaper.. I found $47.99 (includes filter)
Afterwards... the filter can be found at your basic auto-parts stores... anywhere from $17-$24 is what I found.
Palak is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-19-2013, 01:26 PM   #20
Anon155
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palak View Post
I realize this is an old thread..
figured I would update with the most recent numbers...
You NEED the kit FIRST if you do not already have a filter.. one time purchase.. $69.70 from mopar (includes filter)
You can find it online for cheaper.. I found $47.99 (includes filter)
Afterwards... the filter can be found at your basic auto-parts stores... anywhere from $17-$24 is what I found.
Actually.....You can get the housing kit and filter for a lot cheaper from filterheads.com, 28 bucks + free shipping. Just an FYI.
05 Jeep Grand Cherokee: ORT 4X4; Khaki #55
Too many mod's to list...
Anon155 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-19-2013, 01:27 PM   #21
marka2k

2006 WK 

To add to the thread:

Cabin Air Filter itself:

Hastings: AF1229
NAPA: 4903
Puroloator: C15599
STP: CAF1806P
WIX: 24903

Silver WK Club #46
06 WK Overland
MyGiG RER
OEM Parkview Rear Camera
4xGuard Matrix
4XGuard Front Skid
4XGuard Rock Rails
HID Projector
2" Lift

04 TJ Rubicon Silver
Rokmen Fuel Tank Skid
Rokmen Front Skid
Rokmen Tummy Tuck
Novak Shifter
Ground Pounder Fab Front Bumper
Warn M8000 Winch
marka2k is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-19-2013, 05:21 PM   #22
Palak
2008 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anon155 View Post
Actually.....You can get the housing kit and filter for a lot cheaper from filterheads.com, 28 bucks + free shipping. Just an FYI.
THANKS!! ..glad I didn't make the purchase JUST yet! lol
Sweet find!
Palak is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-20-2013, 07:48 AM   #23
IndyBlueWK
2005 WK 

So I just bought the filter yesterday and not the kit. From what I am reading, when I got to install it the factory cabin air filter isnt going to come apart and let me slip the new one in the same bracket? I am going to guess mine hasnt ever been changed before and will still have the factory air filter in it. How much is the kit and can you buy it by itself?
IndyBlueWK is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-20-2013, 09:08 AM   #24
marka2k

2006 WK 

If you have never had the kit installed you will need the kit, the kit comes with the mounting bracket that is required and a filter. After you install the kit you can just replace the filter going forward.

http://compare.ebay.com/like/1610025...Types&var=sbar

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyBlueWK View Post
So I just bought the filter yesterday and not the kit. From what I am reading, when I got to install it the factory cabin air filter isnt going to come apart and let me slip the new one in the same bracket? I am going to guess mine hasnt ever been changed before and will still have the factory air filter in it. How much is the kit and can you buy it by itself?

Silver WK Club #46
06 WK Overland
MyGiG RER
OEM Parkview Rear Camera
4xGuard Matrix
4XGuard Front Skid
4XGuard Rock Rails
HID Projector
2" Lift

04 TJ Rubicon Silver
Rokmen Fuel Tank Skid
Rokmen Front Skid
Rokmen Tummy Tuck
Novak Shifter
Ground Pounder Fab Front Bumper
Warn M8000 Winch
marka2k is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-20-2013, 09:19 AM   #25
Anon155
2005 WK 

Quote:
No grand cherokee came with the kit from the factory as I understand it. It's always had to be an add on after the fact. Bought from the dealer, etc. If you bought the filter, you will definitely need the bracket/kit to mount it in there. Right now there is probably only a plastic screen. You can see it, if you look between the slats on the passenger side of your windshield wiper cowling. I'd go ahead and return the filter you bought, and buy the kit from filterheads.com. You'd be saving yourself 15-20 bucks by doing it that way. Here's a link: http://www.filterheads.com/product/single/AQ1097KIT
05 Jeep Grand Cherokee: ORT 4X4; Khaki #55
Too many mod's to list...
Anon155 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-20-2013, 09:23 AM   #26
GregK340
2007 WK 

Quote:
Unless you or someone else installed a cabin filter in your vehicle, you won't find one. They don't come from the factory with a filter. Filterheads.com around $28. for the kit w/ filter.
GregK340 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-20-2013, 06:33 PM   #27
TangoTango
2008 WK 

I have one of these and they are great! .. not only keep the dust out but also flying bugs.
TangoTango is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-21-2013, 07:40 AM   #28
IndyBlueWK
2005 WK 

Thanks for the input guys. I guess tonight I need to open her up and see if someone else did the didrty work once before.
Unread 08-21-2013, 08:39 AM   #29
johngreen1234
2010 WK 

If you've already bought the filter you can hang onto it for your next filter change. But to use any filter you will need the housing first. I bought filter+housing from the dealer for $50, if memory serves. I called NAPA first and they had the filters but not the housing.
johngreen1234 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-22-2013, 10:41 AM   #30
IndyBlueWK
2005 WK 

OK so mine came in the mail today and I went out to the jeep to see how it installed and its missing all together.. hmmm.. Some one stole it or took the old one out and never replaced it.. I need to buy just the kit. Where can you get the kit without the filter?

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.