Cabin Air Filter - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > Cabin Air Filter

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSteinjager TJ tube doorsAttention to the TJ owners 1996-2006 NEW LED LIGHT OPTIONS

Unread 06-14-2010, 07:36 PM   #1
rraiderr
2010 WK 

Cabin Air Filter

Sorry about the rookie questions guys but I am struggling.

I was told we can install a cabin air filter but the vehicle does not come with one from the factory.

I order a WIX unit and attempted to install it today.

I believe the filter goes on the passenger side in the engine compartment on the firewall. Problem is I cannot figure out how to access the location where I am to install the filter.

I checked out the manual and no luck.

Sorry for wasting your time with such nonsense but could someone please get me pointed in the right direction on this one.

I am starting to realize how easy my Rubi was to work on.

Thanks

rraiderr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-14-2010, 07:58 PM   #2
magneticred
2008 WK 

Try this:

Jeep Grand Cherokee WK - Cabin air filter option
magneticred is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-14-2010, 08:04 PM   #3
rraiderr
2010 WK 

Awesome, thanks so much.
Unread 06-15-2010, 10:08 AM   #4
90grandoneer
2006 WK 

Got one on mine too. I got mine from the dealer. It was an easy install. Hmmm! I haven't checked it lately. Maybe it's time. Thanks for the memory jogger.
90grandoneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-15-2010, 01:01 PM   #5
wookiee
Bought, not built.

2007 WK 

I changed mine out with 25,000 miles on it. It was filthy!
Buying the kit online is cheaper than buying the filter only.
07 Steel Blue Overland CRD QDII | Bilsteins | 4xguard Matrix | Rear SRT8 SwayBar | DashHawk w/egt | Provent | MBRP XP Exhaust | New Intake Tube & Seal + EHM | Alternator Splash Guard | Crank Sensor | GPS AL InMotion Hack | Swirl motor bypass | Fuelly.com - wookiee | Blue WK Club Member #13 | 100,000 Mile Club | Dogpiled Club | flashpaq 3872 for those no 4-low days |
wookiee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-15-2010, 09:08 PM   #6
rraiderr
2010 WK 

Quick question do you need the full kit to install a cabin filter or is it setup stock to accept just a replacement filter without the kit parts?
Unread 06-15-2010, 09:15 PM   #7
colinzj
2006 WK 

Ideally, you need the filter holder from the Mopar accessory kit. There's nothing there to hold a filter as the WK ships.

If you're feeling creative it shouldn't be impossibly to jury rig something, though.
Unread 06-15-2010, 09:17 PM   #8
rraiderr
2010 WK 

Thanks for the help Colonzj, I think I will just order the kit to keep it simple.
Unread 06-15-2010, 09:24 PM   #9
90grandoneer
2006 WK 

You need the kit. Also, some have found that whenever you need to replace the filter, it's cheaper to buy another kit. Apparently the filter by itself is more expensive. I've also seen on the forums that there are some available on the internet for less. I've heard too that some of the chain auto parts stores carry just the filters. I may be finding out soon, since I haven't checked it in a while.
90grandoneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-15-2010, 09:27 PM   #10
Devilsmed98
1995 YJ Wrangler 

How necessary is this? I mean the thought of unfiltered air coming into the cabin is disgusting, I thought all cars had these. Any notice of improved freshness? Not being able to smell exhaust from the diesel truck in front of you?
~Black WK Club Member #9~
2011 WKII Overland
2007 WK Limited[/COLOR]
1995 YJ Rio Grande
Devilsmed98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-15-2010, 09:57 PM   #11
rraiderr
2010 WK 

Devil this was on the link above. For the price I figured it couldn't hurt installing a filter.

Vehicle air quality study

A study conducted by California’s South Coastal Air Quality Management District found that air inside a car may have up to 10 times the pollutants of outside air. Small particles of these pollutants, which include exhaust fumes, road dust, plant pollen and mold spores, enter a car’s interior by way of the vehicle’s heating, air conditioning and ventilation (HVAC) system. Once inside, they become part of the air you breathe. With a cabin air filter, 90% of these contaminants can be prevented from entering your car’s interior.
Unread 06-15-2010, 10:34 PM   #12
brutusjeep
2006 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rraiderr View Post
Devil this was on the link above. For the price I figured it couldn't hurt installing a filter.

Vehicle air quality study

A study conducted by California’s South Coastal Air Quality Management District found that air inside a car may have up to 10 times the pollutants of outside air. Small particles of these pollutants, which include exhaust fumes, road dust, plant pollen and mold spores, enter a car’s interior by way of the vehicle’s heating, air conditioning and ventilation (HVAC) system. Once inside, they become part of the air you breathe. With a cabin air filter, 90% of these contaminants can be prevented from entering your car’s interior.
I'm so glad I installed one and I hope my wife never reads this.....
2006 GC Limited, 5.7L HEMI, Quad II. 4XGUARD Belly & Front (black powder coat) skid plates. Matrix front guard, PIAA Matrix mounted lights, 265/70 Nitto Trail Graplers MT, 1.5" Spider Trax spacers, Super Chips Tuner, OME MD Lift, 4XGUARD differential guard, JBA UCA'S.
brutusjeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-16-2010, 07:41 AM   #13
TaosBob
2007 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by wookiee View Post
Buying the kit online is cheaper than buying the filter only.
Filter only from NAPA is only $20.69. May have to special order it.
Part no. FIL4903.

Bob
Traded in on 2012 Hyundai Azera: 2007 Grand Cherokee Laredo, Rocky Mountain Edition, Bright Silver, 4.7L V-8, factory hitch and tow hooks, Mopar rock rails, Mopar skid plates, Rusty's 2-inch BB with shocks, cabin air filtration. Firestone Destination AT tires 255/70/R17, 4xGuard skids--front, rear, and belly, BDS rear diff guard, OME rear shocks.
TaosBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-17-2010, 06:41 PM   #14
rraiderr
2010 WK 

My kit came in the mail today and installed it without issue. Installation was very straight forward and simple.
Unread 06-17-2010, 10:26 PM   #15
Omelet
Evil Overlord!

2005 WK 

I thought about getting one, but then I realized that I would be defeating the purpose of having one every time I open a door or roll down a window!

HEMI Club Member #31 - - - JEEP Makes It, HEMI Shakes It!!!
Omelet is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.