A/C Recirculation Mixer Location - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > A/C Recirculation Mixer Location

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LinePoison Spyder JK Evap SkidRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits

Unread 08-24-2013, 07:58 AM   #1
R32R1
2006 WK 

A/C Recirculation Mixer Location

Well my recirculation button does nothing now. About 6 months ago, I started hearing strain and cracking when hitting the button. Now my climate control is stuck in recirculation. Does anyone have an idea to where this actuator is? I know its somewhere behind the glove box, but wasn't sure if I had to cut away at anything.

Eric

R32R1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-26-2013, 06:52 PM   #2
Nejeep

I had the same problem with my 2006 WK recirculation control.
You do need to pull the glove box, but thats not hard to do and there is no cutting required. I found the gear was broken in two pieces and since the dealer wasnt open on Sunday, I just JB welded the old gear back together with additional material to make it more like the upgraded gear shown in the attached DIY link. That was about 6 months ago and its still holding. The gear is just a push on/off fit on the actuator motor.
http://www.cherokeesrt8.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=64973

As stated in the link, the trickiest part is getting the gears meshed properly.

97 Laredo - 4.0 4x4 Daily driver for 8 years then relocated to Arizona for 6 more years with the relatives
Nejeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-27-2013, 04:25 PM   #3
R32R1
2006 WK 

Thats awesome, thank you!
R32R1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.