Buying a WK/XK?? (Read This) - Page 7 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > Buying a WK/XK?? (Read This)

TeraFlex Now at Rockridge 4WD! BEST DEALS around!Alloy usa heavy duty ball joint kitsENGO QUADLUX 6" to 54" LED AMBER AND WHITE MULTI

Unread 02-22-2014, 12:04 AM   #91
Mustangt125

The hemi is gonna have to wait until my next vehicle

Mustangt125 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-25-2014, 09:32 AM   #92
Mustangt125

I went and checked out the 06 grand cherokee and it ran pretty great.

I took it to my mechanic and then took it back to the dealer saying:

need new wipers
theyre ordering a new part that tells me when they oil needs changed
When I popped the hood and turned the AC on he said the AC Compressor was cycling. Essentially the belts and wheels were spinning and one of them would stop and restart every so often. He said that could just be a thing with JEEPs, he wasnt sure.

I live in Iowa and in the summers we have 100+ degree days with awful humidity, not having AC would be the worst thing imaginable.

So have you guys heard of Jeeps having AC Compressors that cycle? Is that normal?

The car now has 80K miles on it, with all those touchups and it has almost new tires, he asked for 11,750. Do you think that's a decent price? Carfax two owners with no accidents, regular maintenance.

Thoughts? I have $5,000 from a previous trade in to go toward it, so I'm essentially only financing a $7,000 vehicle. At this point I am looking at 48 months, around $166 a month and then I would own it.
Unread 02-26-2014, 05:08 PM   #93
Mustangt125

I didn't buy the one I posted about above, the guy wasn't working hard enough to put me into that vehicle to be honest.

Anyway, here's another one I am looking at: http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-s...63191261&Log=0

They started it at $13 she said, and now they are asking $10,000. Clean Carfax 2 owner history. Thoughts? What should I offer?
Unread 02-26-2014, 05:13 PM   #94
Jaashua
2005 WK 

Looks gorgeous. Is it the hemi or 4.7? $10,000 seems like a great deal.
Jaashua is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-26-2014, 05:42 PM   #95
Mustangt125

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaashua View Post
Looks gorgeous. Is it the hemi or 4.7? $10,000 seems like a great deal.
It doesn't say anything about a HEMI, so I believe it's just the 4.7 V8. To be honest I was looking for a V6 for better gas mileage, but it's not a deciding factor one way or the other.

Do you worry about it having 100,000 miles on it? I don't want to have to start replacing things in a year.

Last edited by Mustangt125; 02-26-2014 at 07:17 PM..
Unread 02-26-2014, 11:04 PM   #96
nezarnuaimat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustangt125 View Post
So have you guys heard of Jeeps having AC Compressors that cycle? Is that normal?
All the best my friend with the other car, but to answer you above question I confirm to you that this AC Compressor, as well as all other cars AC, refrigerators, jumbo chillers, home AC, are all thermostat-controlled devices, which means they continuously turn on and off (cycle) within a small range of a preset temperature (e.g 83+/-2). This is similar to electric clothes irons that auto-switches on when it's relatively cold (under the range), and auto-switches off when it's relatively hot (above the range).
What you saw is the so called AC bully clutch, if it's not cycling then there's something wrong
PS: Written by a Mechanical Engineer

Have a great day
nezarnuaimat is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-27-2014, 12:12 PM   #97
Jaashua
2005 WK 

Quote:
It doesn't say anything about a HEMI, so I believe it's just the 4.7 V8. To be honest I was looking for a V6 for better gas mileage, but it's not a deciding factor one way or the other.

Do you worry about it having 100,000 miles on it? I don't want to have to start replacing things in a year.
The extra 1-2mpg is not worth the power loss. If I could go back I'd make sure I had a hemi as would many others on here.
Unread 02-27-2014, 09:50 PM   #98
Mustangt125

I went and drove the 06 GC Limited tonight. Just some slight cosmetic things, couple dings, a scratch.

The shocks that hold the roof and the rear door open dont work and the back window rattles when going over bumps. The guy with me works at VW I guess and said he can take care of it....what do you guys think? I can't have random rattling I'd blow my head off eventually
Unread 02-28-2014, 05:40 PM   #99
Jaashua
2005 WK 

Jeeps are never quiet. Maybe you should buy something else.
Unread 03-01-2014, 07:33 AM   #100
Mustangt125

Haha, no I think I'm going with a grand cherokee at this point. This wasn't something I couldn't get over cuz I'm neurotic, this was a louder rattle.
Unread 03-02-2014, 02:23 AM   #101
RRutledge87
2005 WK 

Quote:
I went and drove the 06 GC Limited tonight. Just some slight cosmetic things, couple dings, a scratch.

The shocks that hold the roof and the rear door open dont work and the back window rattles when going over bumps. The guy with me works at VW I guess and said he can take care of it....what do you guys think? I can't have random rattling I'd blow my head off eventually
You can buy the lift shocks at O'Reilly's, AutoZone or probably any auto parts store. Around $20 a piece and i'm pretty sure it will stop that rattling. It did when I replaced mine. Hope this helps!
RRutledge87 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-03-2014, 04:49 AM   #102
james_2k
2009 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaashua View Post
The extra 1-2mpg is not worth the power loss. If I could go back I'd make sure I had a hemi as would many others on here.
or get the crd and get performance AND mileage!
james_2k is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-11-2014, 05:48 AM   #103
Billbo1970
2009 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISUzj View Post
Blend Doors, Blend Doors, Blend Doors
Excuse my ignorance, this is my first Jeep. What does "Blend Doors" mean?
Billbo1970 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-13-2014, 07:56 AM   #104
ISUzj
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billbo1970 View Post

Excuse my ignorance, this is my first Jeep. What does "Blend Doors" mean?
The doors for automatic climate control. You should hear the motors moving them. If one is broken you wont feel a temp sway when you adjust it from hot to cold
~~[_---_____---_\-\\\\\\-\
~~~(o) )-o---(o) )-o---) )
94ZJ 5.2 Red; Rusty's 3" Coils,Skyjacker hydro's, Brush Guard, Custom Rear Bumper, Custom Roof Rack, KVG Quick Discos, 31-10.50-15's DAYTON TIMBERLINE A/T OBA 2 Gallon tank
Can't buy it? BUILD IT!! Do it cheap too cuz your in college

My Build Thread Align your jeep yourself B N B#175
ISUzj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-23-2014, 10:07 PM   #105
Roflapiggy

z

Last edited by Roflapiggy; 03-24-2014 at 11:00 AM..
Roflapiggy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.