Buying a WK/XK?? (Read This) - Page 6 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > Buying a WK/XK?? (Read This)

Savvy Aluminum Gas Tank SkidFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Savvy/Currie Aluminum Control Arms

Unread 12-17-2013, 10:01 AM   #76
FSD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsalagi View Post
Purchased a cherry 2005 GC Limited 5.7 Hemi with 62K miles on the odometer last week before Thanksgiving. Two owners on carfax with no issues listed. Obviously garage kept and even smells new on the inside. Everything worked and I was extremely pleased initially. Drove it about 500 miles over the holiday and noticed the tire pressure indicator went off periodically even after I checked the tire pressure and found no problems. Then the check engine light comes on over the weekend but then goes off after I filled up with gas. Yesterday the check engine light comes on again and now it stays on. Today the low oil light comes on when push the brake pedal to slow down and the oil level is fine.
Does anyone have something that I can check quickly or at least first so that I can start the diagnosis process?
Just reading through and came across this. Great forum by the way guys.
Previously on my Chevey Astro work van had the check engine light come on, when filling with gas it goes off and then comes on again a day or so later - Solution for me was to change the gas cap after I mistakingly changed an O2 sensor twice.
Tire Pressure, do you have a calibrated or trustworthy guage to check your pressures ? Most service station I have found there guages to be off by as much as 10psi. I'll make the assumption that one or more of your tires is right on the threshold of the pressure sensor in one or more of the tires. Add a couple of PSI to the tires and see if that helps. Stay within the Manufacturers recommended pressures. If that does not help one of the sensors may be on the way out in which case either replace it or ignore it or have it turned off.
Low oil pressure when you push on the brake pedal can't help you there.

FSD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-27-2013, 08:11 AM   #77
Jeepfan2208

Hey i know this has nothing really to do with this thread but my wk didnt come with fog lights. Is there any way i can get them without having to buy the kit from mopar, because i would prefer aftermarket. I saw a guy who had offroad lights in the fog light spaces so could i just do that and wire them that way? Thanks
Jeepfan2208 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-28-2013, 09:33 AM   #78
michiganmike
2008 WK 

That was easy.

I did a simple Internet search for the words "adding foglights to a Jeep wk" and found a lot of options, including this on the forum http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f67/h...nstall-832364/ . You can also search within the forum using key words.
will tow the new one behind the Motorhome.
michiganmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-28-2013, 09:51 AM   #79
GregB_00XJ
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeepfan2208 View Post
Hey i know this has nothing really to do with this thread but my wk didnt come with fog lights. Is there any way i can get them without having to buy the kit from mopar, because i would prefer aftermarket. I saw a guy who had offroad lights in the fog light spaces so could i just do that and wire them that way? Thanks
Yes, there are lots of ways to accomplish this. PM me is you would like details on mine.

I also have the pair of factory driving lights in a box for cheap if you are interested. Each one has a minor flaw in the lens, but they are dry and do not leak. PM me to keep this thread from getting too derailed.

edit: Great linked post michiganmike.

____=__=
l l ,[_____],
l---- L -[]lllllll[]-

()_) ()_)--o-)_)
GregB_00XJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-28-2013, 09:52 AM   #80
Nino357

Great post
Nino357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-15-2014, 06:16 PM   #81
ISUzj
2005 WK 

Blend Doors, Blend Doors, Blend Doors, check the make sure that the heat works on both sides and the rear, as well as the A/C.

On the Auto climate control there are 2 doors and only 1 on the regulare control

I drove mine and didn't check the pass side very well... now I got to find how to fix it or cough up 700-1300 to fix it.
~~[_---_____---_\-\\\\\\-\
~~~(o) )-o---(o) )-o---) )
94ZJ 5.2 Red; Rusty's 3" Coils,Skyjacker hydro's, Brush Guard, Custom Rear Bumper, Custom Roof Rack, KVG Quick Discos, 31-10.50-15's DAYTON TIMBERLINE A/T OBA 2 Gallon tank
Can't buy it? BUILD IT!! Do it cheap too cuz your in college

My Build Thread Align your jeep yourself B N B#175
ISUzj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-21-2014, 04:31 PM   #82
ISUzj
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdawgFL View Post
There shouldn't be a clunk. I used to have the clunk shifting but then I replaced my differential isolator bushings and it all went away. It's a very common problem the original bushings must have been defective from the factory

did you have it that the isolators were causing more jolts over potholes too? my jeeps seems rough but i don't want to blame it all on the isolators..maybe the struts?
~~[_---_____---_\-\\\\\\-\
~~~(o) )-o---(o) )-o---) )
94ZJ 5.2 Red; Rusty's 3" Coils,Skyjacker hydro's, Brush Guard, Custom Rear Bumper, Custom Roof Rack, KVG Quick Discos, 31-10.50-15's DAYTON TIMBERLINE A/T OBA 2 Gallon tank
Can't buy it? BUILD IT!! Do it cheap too cuz your in college

My Build Thread Align your jeep yourself B N B#175
ISUzj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-21-2014, 07:14 PM   #83
kdawgFL
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISUzj View Post
did you have it that the isolators were causing more jolts over potholes too? my jeeps seems rough but i don't want to blame it all on the isolators..maybe the struts?
I dont recall hearing my diff bang while going over potholes. but if the bushings are highly eroded it wouldnt suprise me. you would know by shifting if you diff bushings are bad.. sounds like you need to look at your suspension bushings though.
Unread 01-28-2014, 10:57 PM   #84
OJwerks

on a 2009 2wd WK i feel a loud Clunk when shifting from P to D... anyone know? my sister is looking to buy this WK from a friend and I used this list to check on it... everything else seems OK.
OJwerks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-29-2014, 03:33 PM   #85
Jaashua
2005 WK 

It's a common problem, probably shouldn't buy it.
Jaashua is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-08-2014, 11:09 PM   #86
nezarnuaimat

Quote:
Originally Posted by longboy View Post
These are my real-world numbers using a calculator, not the EVIC, from my current and last Jeep:

1999 WJ, 4.0 I6 engine: 17.54mpg over 12,963 miles
2006 WK, 5.7 HEMI: 16.33mpg over 27,661 miles

Both Jeeps are driven the same daily commute and the occasional camping trip. Probably a mix of 80% highway, 20% in-town.
This is the second time I hear that 5.7 is more economic that 4.7
nezarnuaimat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-09-2014, 08:07 AM   #87
longboy
2006 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by nezarnuaimat View Post
This is the second time I hear that 5.7 is more economic that 4.7
Note that my comparison was between a 5.7 and a 4.0
Unread 02-09-2014, 03:12 PM   #88
pmdowd6
2002 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by longboy View Post
Note that my comparison was between a 5.7 and a 4.0
I averaged like 13.5 on my WJ 4.0. Lucky bastard
Unread 02-21-2014, 05:18 PM   #89
Mustangt125

Going to check out and hopefully test drive a 2006 WK tomorrow.

3.7L V6 4WD
78,000 miles

They're asking for $11,995, but Im going to try and bring him down closer to $10.

Here is a link for it: http://www.kars-inc.com/en/inventory.cfm

Sometimes the link doesn't go directly to the Jeep, but if you go to inventory it's one of the only JEEPs on there. Please check it out and let me know what you guys think
Mustangt125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-21-2014, 05:49 PM   #90
Jaashua
2005 WK 

Look for a hemi. Everyone regrets not getting it.
Jaashua is online now   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.